iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Unholy (1988)

The Unholy is a decent horror flick.
The cast is good: Ben Cross, Hal Holbrook, Ned Beatty, Jill Carroll and William Russ.

Too bad that nothing much happens during the middle part
because the beginning of the movie and especially the ending rocks.

Good score composed by Roger Bellon and some cool and nasty special effects.

I saw this film back in the 80s but the Finnish VHS tape was cut.
Now i own this uncut Dutch tape.

The Unholy trailer

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Houseboat Horror.

("Something is about to happen on Lake Infinity!")

A film crew who are making a rock film clip at a lake are murdered one by one by a killer. [Big Grin]

Tony Martin's review of Houseboat Horror in Undiscovered Masterpieces of the Cinema.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTVIoHum4w0

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the stuff
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
getting ready to watch mountain top massacre, return to horror high, chud, and house seeing as they have recently been added to the netflix instant queue
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't envy you [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
cant be all that bad
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seen all of them good package,i liked chud ,the stuff and house 1 a lot,return to horror high was pretty bad but still watchable,mountaintop motel massacre was the only one that tested my patience ,i only lasted half the movie and turned it off,i personally thought it was a bit of a stinker,though i have heard of a few people that have liked it .

[ 05. December 2011, 15:24: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Mountaintop Motel Massacre...so bad it's good!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam Juhl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10024

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Adam Juhl   Email Adam Juhl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quicksilver Highway.

Not the best Stephen King Horror movie.
Maximum Overdrive is probably my favorite

Posts: 61 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2011 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scanners and Videodrome double feature. Cronenberg is a genius.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Carpenter (1987)

Canadian production starring Wings Hauser doing another one of his psycho roles.
Actually there is some very good acting in this one, especially from Lynne Adams in the role of
Alice.
It's always good to see Wings Hauser, but in this one he is nowhere near as good as he was in
Vice Squad. (Ramrod is still one of the best psychos in movie-history !)
I thought the horror scenes were a bit uninspired though.

The Carpenter has recently been released on region-free dvd courtesy of Scorpion Releasing.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fright Night and The Gate.

Fright Night is stand out teen vamp classic!

The Gate is interesting and became more darker during further watching of it.

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
getting ready to watch mountain top massacre, return to horror high, chud, and house seeing as they have recently been added to the netflix instant queue

C.H.U.D. and House are both very good mid-80's New World horror movies. I'll reserve my comments on Return to Horror High and Mountaintop Motel Massacre until I've actually viewed them, though.

C.H.U.D. offers up some a lively performance from Daniel Stern, terrific monster effects by John Caglione, gore effects by Ed French, a moody synth score, and some excellent use of dark shadows and lighting in the sewer and nighttime scenes.

House is a fun horror-comedy hybrid. If you like movies that have lots of monsters, then you'll probably like House, as it's got plenty of them. Among the more notable creatures are the fat female goblin in the dress, the slimy beast in the closet, and the skeleton/zombie version of Big Ben (the Vietnam War buddy of William Katt's character who haunts him).

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Better Watch Out aka Christmas Evil (1980)

It was a fun and sad low budget horror flick.
Brandon Maggart was great as Harry Stadling. He took Christmas pretty seriously [Smile]
I loved the scene where he puts the beard on and realizes that he´s born
to give gifts to the good ones and punish the bad. "It´s me!! Hahahah" (evil laugh).

The cheap synth score was perfect for the movie, so EVIL [Big Grin]
Loved the ending too.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just watched New Year´s Evil (1980)

It was pretty good old school horror movie.
I didn´t remember that this was a Golan/Globus flick.

The cast did a decent work and i liked the atmosphere. I also liked the music.
The band called Shadow is pretty good, especially their theme tune "New Year´s Evil" rocks.

The Van Nuys Drive-In scene is pure gold featuring topless Teri Copley in her first feature film.

Cool music, decent kills, awesome early 80s scenery and one mixed-up family.

I own this dutch VHS tape:

-

[ 19. July 2015, 12:41: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now i know where all those Dutch ex-rental tapes did go to ! [Smile]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caught Amityville 3-D today. I had seen bits of it before, but I didn't know I'd like it so much!

-

Haha, love the funny cover art. I was pre-warned that aside from Meg Ryan and Lori Loughlin being in it, it was nothing worth checking out. Not true! I actually liked it and it had some creepy moments.

-

The whole seance part was fun to watch. I don't know why seance scenes are always fun to watch in movies?
 -

Glad I watched. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched New Year's Evil. It was weird at first, but it got pretty good. @ Ronnie, I like Amityville 3D cause it has Neil Barry, who played Stiggs in O.C. and Stiggs!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Alien 2 ; Sulla Terra (1980)

Cool Italian horror-fest about a group of speliologists encountering alien rocks (??!!)..
or something. [Big Grin]

After the surviving members finally find a way out of the cave, they're shocked to find out
the whole world has changed overnight.
(something that reminded me of the later Night of the Comet (1984) and Demons (1985)

The movie was independently released on limited edition dvd and blu-ray about a year ago, and
looks truly amazing on both formats.

If you can find it, get it !

[ 26. January 2012, 05:10: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellgate (1989)

Interesting little B-flick from the makers of Hellraiser to watch on a rainy day [Cool]

Hellgate Trailer

-

[ 03. February 2012, 14:49: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rats - Night of Terror (1984)

"One hundred years after a nuclear war has devastated the planet, society has been reborn into two factions;
the underground society and the scavangers above in the wastelands.
A group of scavangers on bikes come across a town infested with flesh eating rats,
and soon the gore is spilling everywhere." (IMDb)

This was a mediocre and supercampy horror flick directed by Bruno Mattei.
I have to say that i expected much more from this one.
It was overlong, unexciting and the "acting" was just hilarious.
I liked the synth score composed by Luigi Ceccarelli and the surprise ending though.

-

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
City of The Living Dead (1980)

-  -

The Seven Gates of Hell have been torn open, and in three days the dead shall rise and walk the earth. As a reporter and a psychic race to close the portals of the damned, they encounter a seething nightmare of unspeakable evil. The city is alive - with the horrors of the living dead! -- Blu-ray.com

-  -  - out of 5

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Just watched New Year´s Evil (1980)

It was pretty good old school horror movie.
I didn´t remember that this was a Golan/Globus flick.

The cast did a decent work and i liked the atmosphere. I also liked the music.
The band called Shadow is pretty good, especially their theme tune "New Year´s Evil" rocks.

The Van Nuys Drive-In scene is pure gold featuring topless Teri Copley in her first feature film.

Cool music, decent kills, awesome early 80s scenery and one mixed-up family.

I own this dutch VHS tape:

-

I liked this one too. I actually got to see it in the theater. =) For those of you who would like to check it out, the full movie is on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt4b4KGunaE

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Slaughterhouse Rock (1988)

Just watched this A Nightmare on Elm Street wannabe directed by Dimitri Logothetis (Pretty Smart)

Starring Nicholas Celozzi, Tom Reilly (Young Warriors), Hope Marie Carlton (Terminal Exposure and Sidaris regular),
Tamara Hyler, Donna Denton, Steven Brian Smith, Ty Miller and pop star Toni Basil.

I was a bit disappointed because the plot and the acting are sub-standard even for a b-movie.
The score was pretty good (performed by Devo) and i also liked the Devo/Toni Basil end credits tune "The Only One".

Some nice sequences and one nasty kill plus few Hope Marie Carlton nude scenes [Smile]
The trailer is pretty good so check it out!

slaughterhouse Rock trailer

-

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday to Me (1981)

-

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home