iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   
Author Topic: The Last 80's Horror Movie You Watched is
JAHSIAH
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7949

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAHSIAH   Email JAHSIAH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WARLOCK - ONE OF MY FAVOURITES
Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAHSIAH
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7949

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAHSIAH   Email JAHSIAH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WARLOCK - ONE OF MY FAVOURITES!!!
Posts: 14 | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982). As long as you ignore the tired criticism that this isn't strictly speaking a sequel to the original Halloween and treat it as a separate movie altogether, it's quite an enjoyable flick. Tom Atkins and Stacey Nelkin (another underrated actress who deserved more opportunities at bigger roles) make for an interesting pairing considering the age difference but manage to work fine. Now if only I could get that Silver Shamrock commercial jingle out of my head...
Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still standing up for my enjoyment of Halloween III too..just like I did in the Halloween III Thread...

http://www.fast-rewind.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=010123

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed Halloween III also.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as did i.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i also would like to throw support behind a nightmare on elm street 2, which i think gets labeled something its not and doesnt get the credit it deserves

i watched the documentary on the entire nightmare series, titled never sleep again, and i have to disagree with the views on it.

story wise i thought it was great, like a wolfman or jekyll and hyde approach, good acting from everyone although i thought they could have casted better for the lead, really scary visuals, and freddy attacking the pool party was great.

craven did not like this angle, but viewing it as a possesion thing where freddy found a way to cross dimensions was a unique approach to the character and story.

i dont know why this one gets negative reviews and i think the people who think it to be gay are reading to heavy into things, or trying to find things to support that idea, sure there is the scene with bob shaye behind the bar, but other than that i see no other evidence.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I saw that Never Sleep Again documentary on Nightmare 2 as well. Several cast and crew we're trying to say it was gay. Others said they never got that impression, but as I recall they thought that because there was a little male nudity in various parts through out the film, one of the characters was gay, the lead actor is gay in real life, and that there was some gay overtones within the story allegedly.

The writer said he tried to be subliminal with the relationship between Jessie the main character and Freddy, as well as his relationship with Grady his friend. However a close analysis of Grady and Jessie’s relationship to me looks like nothing more than friendship. To be honest I walked away from the documentary feeling like I was more mature and comfortable with my sexuality than most of those who were speaking.

I’ve heard the theory about this film before, on the main page of this site actually. But I watched the movie again not long ago and quite honestly I think those overtones are only there if you want them to be there. I have nothing against gay people, but they will have to admit that they are guilty of constantly trying to claim stuff as their own. Like the Rainbow for instance, Rainbow is for everybody damnbit!

I would also like to add on a side note that there is also a misconception of body builders being gay. Some may be, but not all. There was a joke on Family Guy and a few other shows about He-man and Lionel from the Thundercats being marked to children and causing gayness because they have muscles, if your kids are that susceptible to being gay then, they probably didn’t have to far to go to start with. I never once thought about action figures in that way when I was a kid, why are so many people worried about it?

It is either the work of the Gay community attempting to claim cool things for their own, or jealous skinny punks who are feeblishly attempting to discredit men more masculine then themselves.

It surprises me how many people try to claim that the works of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damn, and other 80’s action animated or living action heroes are gay, In My Honest Opinion, nothing could be further from the truth. They to me accentuate the definitive macho, respectable, charismatic man; people will have you believe they are gay just because they wore revealing clothes. You would be surprised at all of the reasons they come up with, it leads me to my point which is that people will read into anything. It never once dawned on these people that these guys might be either revealing themselves to show that the character is bulked up adding strength to his persona, In the 80’s there was a fitness craze, everybody was getting into shape. Muscles are not just pretty to look at; they are a sign of strength, hard work, and dedication. They reveal character.

And what is wrong with looking at other guy’s muscles, It is perfectly natural to look at another man in a nonsexual way and want to be as physically fit as that person, regardless of that person’s sexual orientation. I mean, who doesn’t want to be bulked up?

In closing I will say that straight people need to be less uptight and gay people need to stop monopolizing cool things as their own.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucas Locusts
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5826

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lucas Locusts   Email Lucas Locusts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched The Fog again the other night.

I loved all of John Carpenters films (The Thing, Prince of Darkness etc) but this one was always a personal favourite.

The scene with the 3 drunk guys on the boat was one of the scariest moments

'There ain't no fog bank out there'

'Hey there's a fog bank out there..'

Posts: 17 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucas Locusts doesn't Carpenter's 80's cinematography kick a$$? I love those shots at night with the pale white lights on the streets or the pale white light of the moon, in the background the sound of that energizing electrical beat from the synthesizer.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
I knew I had to own Halloween III Soundtrack when I heard it. Sometimes I'll step out on my porch on a warm night and listen to it. You would be suprised how many ideas you can get from it.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homicidal ideas?
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucas Locusts
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5826

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lucas Locusts   Email Lucas Locusts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Gannon:
Lucas Locusts doesn't Carpenter's 80's cinematography kick a$$? I love those shots at night with the pale white lights on the streets or the pale white light of the moon, in the background the sound of that energizing electrical beat from the synthesizer.

Yeah i agree Jack, Prince of Darkness and Halloween were great examples of this.
A shot of a silhouette in the darkness could really build up the suspense in his films

Posts: 17 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scariest thing about Halloween is the score. Credit to Carpenter, but without that score it wouldn't have anywhere near the scare factor.

The one problem with some of these slasher flicks though is that the killer can be in one place at one time and then in another place in a second, defying the laws of physics and then when they are in a position to kill someone they seem to have the reflexes of a 70 year old man.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
Speaking of Creepy tunes, has anyone ever checked out this band called Nox Arcana. They play alot of lyricless music based on old Poe and Lovecraft esq horror. You can find all their songs on Youtube but this is one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQn3lqnr6P4

Reminds me of the Puppetmaster theme.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've only recently heard of this, and enjoyed it a lot.

7/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother's Day
Graduation Day

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blair Warner
Rewind Curious
Member # 9717

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blair Warner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kindred ("John's got a half brother... half human... half something else!")

A woman's scientific experiments have concocted a monstrous creature that must be destroyed by her son.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PassThePopcorn
Rewind Curious
Member # 9771

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for PassThePopcorn   Email PassThePopcorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dolls, which came out in 1987 and is missing from this site. (reaching for Kleenex) It's campy, sure, and funny. But it's... well, go see for yourself. :-)
Posts: 1 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dolls is great passthepopcorn,the doll effects by john carl buechler are very impressive and with decent direction by stuart gordon it makes for a fun movie. i can remember the running time being relatively short though at about 70 odd minutes! i have it on us region 1 dvd and the transfer is really good,vast improvement over the old uk vhs i used to have .great film!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have it [Wink]
Great film!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
vestron uk had some great cover artwork on there releases,dolls,crawlspace,fists of steel,from beyond as did eiv (entertainment in video)- mutant,ghost town, cellar dweller,eliminators etc. i used to spend hours at my local video haunt just looking at the covers ,those were the days!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night of the Creeps

A 1980's campy tribute to all things horror. Just about any movie with Tom Atkins has to be good.

Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gate (1987)

Classic cheeseball horror film that I really enjoy watching everytime. It's on Xfinity on demand right now for those who have it.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home