iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Big Trouble In Little China (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Big Trouble In Little China
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch this over the Christmas guys...

Go on.. [Wink]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or I'll set these guys on ya!!! [Wink]
 -

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but did a BTINLC video game/pinball machine ever come on the market?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they all standing on boxes or is it just the "short" guy on the right? Either way, it looks like they are dancing... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster:
Are they all standing on boxes or is it just the "short" guy on the right? Either way, it looks like they are dancing... [Big Grin]

Yep, dancing the death dance..
Nasty guys these but I sorted em... [Big Grin]

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen him in tons of movies but looking at James Hong's resume still amazed he is still so active.

Who's your favorite Thunder, Rain or Lightning?

Who is the villain who is semi-balding who has the fu manchu moustache? I see him in a lot of movies, he usually gets beat up?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kase79
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7609

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kase79   Email Kase79   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
Watch this over the Christmas guys...

Go on.. [Wink]

you know, I love this film & I havent seen it in a few months. I think I'll watch it tiomorrow
Posts: 19 | From: Ireland | Registered: Dec 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
I've seen him in tons of movies but looking at James Hong's resume still amazed he is still so active.

Who is the villain who is semi-balding who has the fu manchu moustache? I see him in a lot of movies, he usually gets beat up?

You probably mean Al Leong, veteran 80's-90's badguy actor!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Is that his name? There was a time when I used to see him in everything. He was referred for years by my friends as "that guy."
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in DIE HARD, RAPID FIRE, SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO to name a few!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:

My fave has to be Thunder.. He's big, he's bad, he's a balloon!! [Big Grin]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
He was in DIE HARD, RAPID FIRE, SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO to name a few!

And Last Action Hero!! [Big Grin]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
He was in Last Action Hero as well? I also used to think it was Hugh Laurie who was the main villain in that.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Jack, you will be happy to know I almost had a who Kurt Russell weekend going on. I got Deathproof as a X-mas present to myself. Escape fron NY and Miracle were on TV this weekend, and Tequila sunrise is on tonight. I also got copies of Swingshift and Overboard dirt cheap in boxing day sales.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
My favourite of the three storms is no doubt, Thunder! Been a fan of Carter Wong before I saw this movie. Always been a kung fu/Hong Kong movie nut, since I was a little kid.

Here's Carter sparring with Chuck Norris in 1972. Carter was doing Hapkido, with Angela Mao and Sammo Hung. And Chuck was shooting Way of the dragon with Bruce Lee, of course.

-

Here is Carter practicing with Bruce Lee, and Bob Wall looking in.

-

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Carter Wong goes way back, going to have to look for more of his films.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Here are my favourites of his...

HAPKIDO 1972
WHEN TAEKWONDO STRIKES 1973
BORN INVINCIBLE 1978

But nothing compares to the awesome craziness of the 18 BRONZEMEN and RETURN OF THE 18 BRONZEMEN!

These are Carter's signature films. And damn they are hilarious and enjoyable.

Carter has to train and fight his way through the underground tunnels of the Shaolin temple, which is filled with death traps and of course, the titular Shaolin bronzemen. (which is sometimes guys in golden robot suits, of various quality,
and sometimes just guys painted gold, I guess they ran out of money for costumes:)

-

-

-

-

Check em out, awesome stuff!

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that movie! I saw it many years ago with the bronze statues and traps. Was cool!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Brilliant pics and info on Carter there guys.. Thanks a million. I'll look up those movies myself too.
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 -
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
One of the coolest posters ever...

God I love this movie..

-

C.Rod
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7657

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for C.Rod   Email C.Rod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I gotta say this was one of my favorite movies back in the day. one of the memorable scenes in the movie is when Jack Burton and Gracie Law are in Lo Pan's elevator and he's telling her about
the magic potion that he drank that made him see things that other people couldn't see. What a CLASSIC

Posts: 23 | From: Hartford, Ct | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was lookin on IMDB and found this Bullsh*t

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728/board/thread/123492884?d=123492884&p=1#123492884

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by hewzy:
I was lookin on IMDB and found this Bullsh*t

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728/board/thread/123492884?d=123492884&p=1#123492884

There are some very very very sad people out there.. Really. This guy needs to go on Oprah and get right.

Such BS..

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by C.Rod:
I gotta say this was one of my favorite movies back in the day. one of the memorable scenes in the movie is when Jack Burton and Gracie Law are in Lo Pan's elevator and he's telling her about
the magic potion that he drank that made him see things that other people couldn't see. What a CLASSIC

Excellent scene amigo.
Great to hear love for this movie. Anyone else got a favourite scene??

I love it all, but my top 3 scenes are,
3: The cutting of the bottle..(double or nothin Jack.. Your out of your mind Wang but God bless ya)
2: Jack rippin the crap out of Lopan after he reveals who he really is..(you can rule the universe from beyond the grave, INDEED!, or check into a psycho ward, whatever comes first uh)
1: From the porkchop express(When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." )

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home