iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Big Trouble In Little China (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Big Trouble In Little China
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
For the love of pete...I will...I will. You've obviously never been to Nova Scotia Canada in November....I'll freeze my B***S Off! But I'll do it just for you [Wink]

I guarentee once you've entered the World of Jack Burton,running **** neked through the snow be like an easy fight against the Wingkong.. (it's a part of the movie you'll see)
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...there's some major male bonding going here. [Wink]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? I thought Mr. Jack Burton was a girl...a beautiful girl [Eek!]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Wow...there's some major male bonding going here. [Wink]

It's that kind of movie toots.. [Wink]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
What? I thought Mr. Jack Burton was a girl...a beautiful girl [Eek!]

I can be if you want me to be!! [Wink] [Embarrassed]
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Is it insane to pay $225 for a replica of Wang's Dragon of the Black Pool jacket???? Cos I'm considering going loco and doing it...
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's insane, if you want it , and can afford it, then go get it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Go for it Jack...ummm...whatever it is? [Frown]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
It's the jacket worn by Jack's sidekick Wang, in BTILC. If you click on my profile, then my homepage WINGKONG.NET, you'll see it on the right of the pasge.. It rocks, but sure is expensive.. [Frown]
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should defo buy it mate!!! you can even get a free Jack Burton vest with it... thats sounds like a great deal to me!! its already gone on my Christmas list [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Then that settle's it.. I'm busting open the Porkchop Express piggy bank and getting me that jacket!! Now for that Fedora.... [Smile]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's cool that there's a cool website out there with all that stuff on it.

My friend has met Al Leong.

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
That's cool that there's a cool website out there with all that stuff on it.

My friend has met Al Leong.

No way!!!
Your friend has met the Wing Kong Hatchet Man???
Uli from Die Hard and most famous of all the legend that is Endo from Lethal Weapon!!!!

AWESOME!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
How about this:

Big Trouble In Little China 2
Jack Takes New York !!!!

So here's the story, Jack Burton's been down on his luck of late. He's been drifting in and out of the trucking game for the last 25 years and has seen every corner of America, some corners more than others..
Now, in his fifties, still alone with just his CB for company he's looking for one last adventure. One big score, one more big job.

He agress to take a rig filled with something he must get to New York in 1 week or face non payment and death!! What's in the rig?? He's not told, but he will be payed the sum of $1million for successful delivery in Manhatten.
So he sets out with old pal Wang from the Waterfront in San Francisco, with instructions from his employer.... A reincarnation of David Lo Pan!! In the truck is an ancient Chinese evil that will be unleashed in New Yorks Chinatown if released within the next full moon!!!

So you've got the two old friends, a cross country road movie for the first half, with all sorts of Chinese bad guys trying to catch up and stop them, then second half based in New York Chinatown... It could be great!!

So Mr John Carpenter, Mr Kurt Russell, if you guys read this, DO IT!!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

[ 19. November 2008, 03:19: Message edited by: Mr. Jack Burton ]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool idea Jack, would be interesting.

I'm curious Jack....are you really a trucker, or do you just play one on TV? [Big Grin]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love BTiLC. I watch it all the time. And, yes, his monologues are the best part.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Cool idea Jack, would be interesting.

I'm curious Jack....are you really a trucker, or do you just play one on TV? [Big Grin]

I work for a company who use trucks!! Any good? [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
'Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president'..
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good sequel premise, almost on a par with my 'Top Gun 2' idea. JC expressed in an interest in making it, I think he couldn't get stuido backing for some reason; you'd think that after 'Death Proof' Kurt could get 'Dimension' to put in some cash.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Kash:
Good sequel premise, almost on a par with my 'Top Gun 2' idea. JC expressed in an interest in making it, I think he couldn't get stuido backing for some reason; you'd think that after 'Death Proof' Kurt could get 'Dimension' to put in some cash.

Yeah especially after the Jack Burton vest made an appearance on the wall of the bar!! Ah well, who knows, it might still happen!!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Just on Empire Movie Mag website, they did a poll of top 100 movie characters of all time..
No Jack Burton... [Frown] [Frown]
Those bums..

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Snake Plisken? Did he make the grade? That whle running joke thing with "Snake, I heard you were dead" is just too priceless. Anyways, just imagine 3 posts aways for having 100 for Big Trouble in Little China. Jack, I don't think any thread for a movie has ver attained those heights, congrats.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
What about Snake Plisken? Did he make the grade? That whle running joke thing with "Snake, I heard you were dead" is just too priceless. Anyways, just imagine 3 posts aways for having 100 for Big Trouble in Little China. Jack, I don't think any thread for a movie has ver attained those heights, congrats.

Awww cool. I didn't even realise that!!
Yeah Snake made it in around the 90's, but no Jack really ****ed me off!!

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Escape from NY is definitely a good flick. lots of good lines in it.
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home