iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Big Trouble In Little China (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Big Trouble In Little China
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I've waited long enough, I've got to find out how much love is out there for my favourite ever 80's flick, the brilliant BTILC...
Jack Burton is still the best and funniest hero in movie history. I grew up with this movie and still can't get enough. It is so awesome. I'd love to hear wht you guys think of it!!!

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You know what ole Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

Who?

"Big Trouble in Little China" is a quirky 80's classic. My fav 80's Kurt Russell character will always be Snake Plissken, but ole Jack Burton might just be able to give him a lightening bolt or two on occasion.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
"You know what ole Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"

Who?

"Big Trouble in Little China" is a quirky 80's classic. My fav 80's Kurt Russell character will always be Snake Plissken, but ole Jack Burton might just be able to give him a lightening bolt or two on occasion.

Yeah he does!!! 'What do ya say when someone's got your favourite head pressed up against the wall, and asks have ya paid your dues? Well yes sir, the check's in the mail'!!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember what ole Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ole storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to say this..Jack, since it's your fav, I have never seen it. I must have missed out.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, Great, Great I say. Have seen it at least 30 times in my life.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I hate to say this..Jack, since it's your fav, I have never seen it. I must have missed out.

Oh wow, that's ok Isis. You are lucky enough to get to see it for the first time ever. Oh what I'd give to discover it for the first time again!! I'd loan you mine anytime your in Ireland!! [Smile]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Just remember what ole Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ole storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Ooh that rock's!! Lovin it Valley!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of these days...I am going on a Rewind Tour around the World.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think I am going to start in Cincinnati and head west.
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Well when you hit Ireland you come down to Chinatown and you give ol' Jack Burton a call. We'll shake the pillars of heaven baby!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Whoa! I think I better go rent that movie, to see what kind of "Trouble" I am in for.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
From the sounds of it...it is Big Big Big trouble in Ireland.

Was there a sequel?

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Alas no, but I still hold out hope for one. Never happen, although they may do a remake which would be awful. There is no improving on this movie. And yeah, have a look at it, if you like what you see, you gimme a holler honey!! [Wink]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
All right...I just started a new list of "must see" movies, and it is at the top. I am interested in it, because of all the Love being displayed here for it. Plus...it's not like I find it hard to look at Kurt Russell for any length of time.

Jack...welcome to the Rewind....I am not 100% sure, but you might be the first lad from Ireland that posted much on here. [Wink]

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Awwww, that's sweet. Thank you so much. I'll try to represent Ireland with honor, dignity and... ah feck it, people expect us Irish to be a bit mad so why not!!!!!

And enjoy the movie ya lucky gal!!!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Hmmm...I never thought that about the Irish, I always think happy thoughts...like 4 leaf clovers, Shamrock Shakes, and Irish Spring soap.
All good stuff.

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Ha ha ha.... Oh dear. The real Ireland is a long long long way from Lucky Charms my dear!!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well...I just bought your movie off Ebay...I'll report back soon what my findings are.
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
You little darlin you..... My tip, cosy up with Popcorn, turn the lights down low, and let Jack Burton take you to heaven and back.... Oh and watch out for a young Kim Catrell!!!!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good, mindless fun. The ending was kind of lame though. The whole Jack/Kim Catrall thing turned into a joke.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Ya, I see what you mean alright, but let's not spoil it for ISIS!!! Sssshhhhhhhhhh...... [Wink]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I will do that. I am excited to have a new movie to look forward to watching.

I have been making a new list tonight....I also just bought Fandango-I had never heard of it either.

It is really cool when you find movies that you didn't know were out there.

I love that I haven't seen every movie of the 80's, and that there are so many still left out there to discover. That is what is amazing to me about the 80's, is how much stuff happened in 10 years.

I didn't even know Kim Catrall was in it.

It's like the other night when I saw Christine on TV , Kelly Preston was in that movie...she looked like she had just walked off the set of Mischief and walked in to Christine by accident, it was so weird to see her.

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I know exactly what you mean!! I too have dozens of 80's movies I've yet to see, and working my way through them is so much fun!! Although this movie is my favourite, I'm so nervous now, what if you don't like it??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Then your in Big Trouble! [Wink] [Razz]
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home