iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Big Trouble In Little China (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Big Trouble In Little China
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another fan!! Welcome Roger!! The love for Jack Burton is spreading!! I can feel it grow!!!!!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got it today...I am going to be watching it later.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
As soon as it ends, please please please let me know what you thought!! It's been ages since I knew anyone watching it for the first time ever!! You lucky lucky lady you!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh-Tay! Will Do! You'll be the first to know.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and a group of mates watched Big Trubs on Magic mushrooms n it was the best trip ive eva had!!! ive been obsessed with kim catrall eva since she is a BABE!! what a wicked film tho!!! its DEFO in my top 10 all time.. ahhh come on wang!!!! i love how Burton keeps calling Lopan Dave lol..
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Hmmmmm I gotta try that!!

INDEED!!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That was one weird movie. I have no clue what that was all about. I think whoever was working on it was on some of their own magic mushrooms.

There were places that my son and I thought did we miss something....but we hadn't...but I couldn't begin to explain that movie if I had to.

My son was calling it "Teenage Mutant Asians". I thought it was like a cross between Shogun and Ghostbusters. I thought ...what is up with the chinese dudes with the lamp shades on their heads, was there a clearance sale at Pier 1 Imports? The Chinese guy with the major Lee Press On nails...he has been in other 80s movies.

It had some funny moments...followed by complete and totally confusion.

I thought the special effects were great...I wanted that big Hairy Monster thing for my Halloween party...there was some great costume ideas in that movie for Halloween. I kept thinking I wonder what John Carpenter's house is really like at "Halloween".

Kurt Russell is never hard to look at in a movie.

I didn't know having green eyes was such a hot commodity. Someone told me in the 80s that I looked like Kim Cattrall...it must have been the green eyes and her hairdo.

My son said his friend told him that he loved that movie...my son said...he's got alot of explaining to do.

All I can say is...."the check's in the mail"- [Wink] and I'm going to ride the Pork Chop Express.

That was total Randomness.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh...but if I had to say if I actually liked it or not....I did....it was just so weird....it was non stop....and so much happening....and alot to look at...but hard to get it....but my son did say...he thought that is the whole point of the movie. He liked it too.
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Intresting, very intresting.. I think you need to watch it a dozen or so times to fully appreciate it, but hey!! You got time!! [Wink]
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I thought ...what is up with the chinese dudes with the lamp shades on their heads

ISIS....that was the birth of Raiden. You know....from the greatest video game series of all time!

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
The three storms were so cool. Rayden is cool too but I love the originals. Especially Thunder. See him blow up at the end?? Classic!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
They looked like they had hampers made of shredded wheat on their heads.

I have never done drugs in my life...so I don't know what getting high is like, and don't care...but if I had to guess...after hearing about the mushroom thing...I would think that the way they acted on the one elevator scene was them being high...and it just had some kind of weird feel to it...that was so "out there"...like on another dimension or something...

My son thinks he'll need to watch it again, just to try and figure it out completely.

I thought some of the effects were so amazing...that's the kind of stuff about the 80s movies that made them so great. You don't see that in today's stuff.

I can really see where guys would like it alot.

The fight scenes were kind of gross at times, when they broke the one guys arm in half.

That monster that was a big floating head, with an eyeball in it's mouth...it reminded me of Slimer from Ghostbusters.

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
But what did you think of Kurt Russell?? He made the movie with his clueless but brave Jack Burton. My favourite ever character..

When he's busting the women out of the prison and Margo says to him 'What are you gonna do Jack'?

His heroic response?? : 'I have no idea'!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
BRILLIANT!!

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I definately like Kurt Russell...he was definately living in his own world as Jack Burton. He was a "fly by the seat of his pants" kind of guy.

My son watched it again today. He said they should make a video game out of it. He thought it could be really fun to play with. We were pretty much in awe of the effects.

The underwater scenes when they were swimming through the tunnels...I was thinking that when Kurt Russell did Poseidon, that he already had previous experience doing some of that stuff, and he probably thought that was all a little deja vu-ish.

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I liked Poseidon.. Did anyone else like it?? I dunno..

Anyways, your son is going to grow up lovin that movie and be just like me!! You just wait and see!!

That's always how it starts, very small...

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
'Okay. You people sit tight, hold the fort and keep the home fires burning. And if we're not back by dawn... call the president.'

I hope you guys don't mind, but every now and then I'm gonna post lines from Jack Burton on here. I just feel the guy said so much in one movie, I've go to share it with the World!! [Wink]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh my...... [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

I was busy this afternoon trying to put my house back together after my contractors got done redoing my livingroom, but I saw pieces of it, and at the end...I walked in the room, and said

"aren't you going to kiss her good-bye?"

and then said "NOPE".

So...I already know some of the words....and I only saw it once....

I think this movie could be hypnotic....if you stare in to the bright lights to much...you might find yourself at Pier 1 Imports with a hamper on your head.

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I'm telling you M'lady, your son=Jack Burton..
Wait and see!!! [Wink]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of many classic moments...

-

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
One of many classic moments...

-

[Big Grin]

Genius!! Thabk you buddy, your a legend!!! [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahaha [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shameingly...I've not seen this movie Jack. 180 or so 80's DVD and no Big Trouble In Little China...I will correct this ASAP!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Shameingly...I've not seen this movie Jack. 180 or so 80's DVD and no Big Trouble In Little China...I will correct this ASAP!

Oh for the love of...

Please buddy, go out right this second, go to your nearest DVD selling store. Buy it. Look at the look of awe on the guy behind the counter as he gives you your copy of the movie he doesn't have but always wanted to have the balls to buy.
Go home, watch it, then stand naked in your back yard and scream: 'I am a man'!!

You'll thank me for it dude!! [Smile]

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the love of pete...I will...I will. You've obviously never been to Nova Scotia Canada in November....I'll freeze my B***S Off! But I'll do it just for you [Wink]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home