iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » finally found my lost 80's movie - Relentless (god bless imdb)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: finally found my lost 80's movie - Relentless (god bless imdb)
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey,

for years since this movie was on late night TV in the UK probably about 15 years ago (when i was about 9), ive been trying to find out the title,

describing what i remembered to anyone who would listen in hopes they would remember it. even posted it on here once.

it was about a serial killer who chose his victims from the phonebook (i think with the same last name as him) and his dad was a cop.

well thanks to complete luck and imdb i found it.

last night i found a clip on youtube from another ive been longing to find, called undefeatable (1994). i was delighted at finding it, and at the bottom of the page there are recommended links, if u liked this movie, try this etc.

a movie caught my eye called "the force" (1994), then on that page, "maniac cop" (1988) - a classic, and then Relentless (1989).

i remember thinking when i clicked on it wouldnt it be great if i found the other movie i was looking for, and i saw the line "hunt for a serial killer, an ex-cop named Taylor, whom randomly chooses his victims from a phone directory" and i knew that was it,

so within 10 mins i had both movies purchased from ebay, lol i couldnt believe it.

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Spencer
Rewind Curious
Member # 5857

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Henry Spencer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds alright, mind going in-depth about this film?
Posts: 7 | From: Manchester | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea no problem, i think what ill do is write a little review when i watch it again, hopefully it should be here no later than tuesday.

it looks a good cast too (robert loggia, judd nelson), and i remember at the time thinking it was great.

in the mean time here is the link on imdb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098184/

Baz

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Baz [Smile] -- I know what a relief it is to finally find what a movie is after so many years -- thats one of the reasons that I started the site...

Why not contribute a review to the main site so that Google searchers can find it? You'd be amaozed how many people are often searching for the same movies...

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
thats a great idea Nick,

i'll do that and submit it for the site.

Baz [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home