iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 1979 and before... » Norma Rae

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Norma Rae
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this movie came out in the 80s, but it was 1979. I watched it today. I had never seen it before. I loved it. It was just a movie about regular people and life, and day to day stuff...but it was so well acted . I loved the guy who played Reuben- (Ron Leibman)-I thought he did an awesome job. Beau Bridges (when he was younger)...looked so much like my husband.

It was crazy to see Booth Colman in a part-it was a small part-he played the doctor...I didn't know it was him until the credits. I met him when I met Joanna (Isis). He was sitting beside us....he was signing autographs. He's from Planet of the Apes. He actually was sitting beside us at dinner....and I asked Joanna if we could have him come sit with us, so she got up and went and invited him to eat with us, but he was just getting ready to leave to go up to his room. Then I saw him the next day at breakfast. Joanna talked to him alot...during the day...when I was talking to other "Isis" fans.
I kept thinking how he was sitting in a restaurant and he just looked like a regular older man, but at one time he played a huge role on a major popular TV show. He's 85 years old now.

I thought Sally Field absolutely deserved an Oscar for this movie. It was really good.

I like Pat Hingle (he played Norma Rae's Dad)...he's one of those people you see in everything. You know he isn't someone that people think of as a major actor....but he's been in so many good movies.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of ISIS' post:
quote:
...I thought this movie came out in the 80s, but it was 1979. I watched it today. I had never seen it before. I loved it. It was just a movie about regular people and life, and day to day stuff...but it was so well acted . I loved the guy who played Reuben- (Ron Leibman)-I thought he did an awesome job. Beau Bridges (when he was younger)...looked so much like my husband...

I thought Sally Field absolutely deserved an Oscar for this movie. It was really good...

I remember Sally's Oscar acceptance speech: "You like me! You like me! You really really like me!" [Smile]

Good movie, and based on a true story.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't that speech for "Places in the Heart"?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-- Sally Field, Best Actress for "Places in the Heart," after having won in 1980 for "Norma Rae": "I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!" (1985)
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Norma Rae last night and i liked it a lot.
Sally Field and Ron Leibman were excellent.
Lots of familiar faces among the factory workers.

I liked the fact that the character Norma Rae wasn´t perfect, she´d made many bad choices in life.
Of course the "real Norma", Crystal Lee Sutton, didn´t like the movie.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home