iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » does anyone have tattoos?? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: does anyone have tattoos??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew they allowed tattoos on minors even with parental consent.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where we lilved they did. I am not sure about now.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Minors can get a tattoo or body piercing here with parental consent.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Piercing only in Ireland. Tattoo's you must be 18!!
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had 2 MRI's done (one on my head and one on my knee) and I'm still here. Once your son turns 18 he can get his whole body tattooed lol. My folks tried to talk me out of my first one at 18 but I had my mind made up regardless. Mine was far from being peer pressure. I consider it art personally.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wino Forever.. I am the World's biggest Johnny Depp fan, and it now reads Wino Forever...
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you can look at all Johnny Depp's Tattoos:

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-depp.htm

I think he's nasty looking.

I thought he was gorgeous in the first Nightmare on Elm Street, and then he went out in left field somewhere and never returned.

I liked that Jeff Foxworthy said if he was going to get a tattoo it would be something worthwhile like....his anniversary date and his wife's birthday.

[ 10. November 2008, 16:12: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I looked closely at Johnny Depp's Tattoos and they actually look poorly done.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh...and what's a huge connecting factor to some celebrities and tattoos...is that when they were younger (and some still do it) they self mutilated themselves....Angelia Jolie is another one that did the same thing.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Colin Farrell is another one:

http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-farrell.htm

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-jolie.htm

I don't think that is sexy in the least bit...I think she has severe emotional problems and this is a way of dealing with them.

What all do they have to go through to play a movie role in which their skin is exposed?

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is on my right arm....I love it and will never regret getting it. Looks just as good as the day I got it some 17 years ago....no fading at all:

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo296/fortheloveofgod/Tattoo1.jpg

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just looked at the Top 100 hottest celebrities that are tattooed, and I couldn't tell what any of theirs were ...plus the symbolism of Hebrew words, or chinese sayings, and all that...none of these people speak those languages...so what is up with that?

Heather Locklear has Ritchie Sambora's name on her, plus David Spade's character's name "Finch"...tattooed on her...she's not even with those guys.

Denise Richards has :Charlie Sheen tattooed on her...I think these people jump the gun...

I think you have to be insecure to tattoo someone's name on your body.....it's like "property of" I think people think it is flattering...

If I tattooed the name of ever person I dated from when I was 18-21....I would have run out of skin.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-jolie.htm

I don't think that is sexy in the least bit...I think she has severe emotional problems and this is a way of dealing with them.

What all do they have to go through to play a movie role in which their skin is exposed?

way to go off on somebody who has received awards for all the humanitarian work she's done with children from third world countries. My hat goes off to anybody who is willing to go out and adopt the number of children she has.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
what?

Just because you adopt 50 children doesn't mean your head is screwed on tight...and she has said enough openly about herself for the world to know that her's isn't.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

also maybe you should leave the diagnosing of people and their behaviours to somebody trained in that field of study.
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isis, you spend far too much time listening to that idiot jeff foxworthy. you've already mentioned him twice, that's two times too many.

people who get other peoples names(aside from their children) tattoo'd on them are stupid. that's what not to do 101.

people who regret getting tattoo'd years later are also stupid and only got inked to try to be cool in the first place, which they probably never were. so they deserve all the regret they have and i have no sympathy for them.

temporary tattoos are rediculous as are the people who get them. please stop trying to be cool. it's about as cool as a clip on tie.

literally, almost everyone i know and hang out with has ink. my two best friends are sleeved. my brother is sleeved. i have one sleeve and my chest done. my wife even has some. i know three artists personally who run their own shop. i have never heard nor encountered anybody that has any of the problems you've mentioned. i'm not saying that the problems you mentioned aren't valid, but i believe what you are talking about are worst case scenarios and not the norm.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy more generalized, biased statements. How do you tie together tattoos with emotional problems? Maybe an over obsession with the 80s could mean emotional problems as well since your in the process of generalizing........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this is quite the debate. Anyway it's 2008 and getting inked is big business. Anyone here contemplated working in the industry at one point? I assume it's an apprenticeship learning the trade, is there a lot of overturn? Or are good artists hard to find?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Naturally, I'm with the majority here. Ink is awesome. Anybody else feel like posting pics of your work? PM me if you don't want to post it on the boards.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Please bring on the Rewind Professional Psychologist so that I can hear how wonderful Angelia Jolie is...

Here's a story about her that is very detailed ...her and her brother's lives were a mess as kids, and I am not saying that's her fault, but she did come out of it with some real emotional scars, and they seem much deeper than any physical scar:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-444390/Angelinas-secret-sadness--brother.html

She has talked openly about what all kinds of mental issues she has...and the tattoos aren't what I meant about mental stuff...the self injuring is what I was talking about.

There has been so much in the news about the way those kids are being raised....because a person is a celebrity...does not automatically make them a Mother the year....look at Joan Crawford.

[ 10. November 2008, 21:24: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I see nothing in that article that raises alarms about her mental state except for a claim by her estranged father which could easily be called sour grapes because she's become a huge star and his career has tanked.

Why bring up her having what you call 'mental issues' in a thread about tattoos if you didn't think they were connected?

A lot of what was written in the book and later in the movie 'Mommie Dearest' has been disputed.

YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The things with getting HIV or Hepatitis from getting tattoos, if you go to a place where that could remotely be an issue, GET OUT! At least that's what I do.
Most places now make you watch them throw the needle away into the biohazard thing in the room.

I like this thing a piercer at a tattoo shop told us when my friend asked if they had any cheap tattoos, "A good tattoo is not cheap. A cheap tattoo is not good."

Thank you Nakita! [Smile]

(P.S. my neighbour totally looks like Jeff Foxworthy!!)

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Wow, this is quite the debate. Anyway it's 2008 and getting inked is big business. Anyone here contemplated working in the industry at one point? I assume it's an apprenticeship learning the trade, is there a lot of overturn? Or are good artists hard to find?

I know that all apprenticeships depend on the artist you're studying under. Nakita (the piercer) does apprenticeships that go on for a year and you're not allowed to talk to the guys that work at the shop because she doesn't want you to get hurt (if you're a girl that is.) But all artists have their own times and things that they expect out of you.
Some cost WAY more than others as well.
I have some friends that were looking at apprenticing but oddly enough, both of them are pregnant now and kind of have different things at the forefront now. Hmmmm...

I would love to do some work but I'd be to scared to mess something up and have people hate me.

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would hate to mess something up too! I love to draw, paint and do anything artsy like that....thank god for the eraser tool in photoshop!!
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home