iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » does anyone have tattoos?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: does anyone have tattoos??
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi this was brought up in another thread so i was just wondering how many of you if any have tattoos? so far i have 3 a hummingbird with vines and a flower, a lizard, and a rose i do want one more on my ankle but have not decided which to get it is a toos up between 2 different ones at this point lol dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Half sleeve Japanese Dragon 9/10
Half sleeve Horror Icons (Michael Myers, Freddy, Jason, Chucky and Leatherface) 10/10
Small Black Tribal Dragon on ankle 6/10
And small Rose on My Back 7/10

Next up for me complete the Horror tattoo to full sleeve adding Sweeny Todd, Captain Spaulding Hannibal Lector and maybe Pinhead..

Also would like to get a huge mural on my back, several ideas gestating but when I know you'll know!! I do know one thing for certain, I will get tattooed again, and again , and again... [Big Grin]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
major
Rewinder
Member # 7478

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for major   Author's Homepage   Email major   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two on my left ankle. My son's name (with the colors of the US and of Venezuela on either side of it), and a sun.

Oh, how I want another one (they are addicting, aren't they) ... I'm just not certain what I want ... or where [Wink]

Posts: 36 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few, and comtemplating on more. I have

The words Fir Na Dli
The godsmack sun
Harmony symbol
Ella's footprints

Have another piece in mind, just trying to decided if wearing long sleeves at work is worth it.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have one yet...always thought about it, but can't decide what I want on my body forever. If I can't think of anything soon, I'll get a tattoo of a very small dot..the size of a freckle...just to say I have one! My son's name is certainly a top contender.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a picture of one of my tatu's and I'm not giving him up either

-

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a tramp stamp..........ick gross I know.......but it's higher on my back and I drew it......which means more to me......it's a neat abstract flower and leaves with a spiral in the middle.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just cant help thinking what ive always thought "What looks cool on my arm at 25 isnt gonna look cool on my arm when I'm 80!"

I'm 37 and when I think back to what I WANTED to get when I was in my early 20s...geez, would that look stupid by now!

I know a guy who has all the horror monsters from Frankenstein to Freddy Krueger and if I had the NERVE (or stupidity) thats probably what I would get.

My husband has tattoos (he got them before we met) and he loves them but theres one that I sort of look at on him and think "God thats gonna look so dumb when you're showing it to people in our retirement home".

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll post pics when i actually take some.

i don't care what people will say about them when i'm old. will it really matter then?

i wish i could get my entire body covered, neck to ankles. i just don't have the cash for it.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I had the guts to do get a small one, but needles scare the bejeevus out of me. Also as far as costs go, I would probably enjoy some laser hair removal more than ink.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My body is a temple, and you don't grafitti your own temple!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

3 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I have a tramp stamp..........ick gross I know.......

I have one too! haha I refer to mine like that too. I know it isnt gross, just sucks that so many girls got them. That is awesome that you drew your own. It sounds gorgeous.

I don't care what mine look like when I am 90. I live for today. Each one of my pieces holds a memory for me. I look in the mirror and see them and I can remember so much not only about the day I got them, but why I got them.

| Site Updates: 3 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly Miss Eleanor! [Smile]
It tells a time in my life i'll remember forever now.

I love that you did your little ones footprints that is awesome and beautiful i'm sure!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great stuff girls.

i too, have a "tramp stamp".. as everyone refers to it.

i have 3 tatts, all on my back. i definitely plan to get more, sometime soon. my b/f is going to draw my next one, so i'm excited.

i would never ink my legs or arms though. all my ink is and will remain hidden. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did everyone go get ink sober, or did you need some liquid courage? Look how far we've come, to think that ages ago only sailors and prisoners had tatoos.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am all for artwork, but just not on your body.

I like to draw and paint, but not on myself.

I do think they are a fad....but what is scary is...if you cover up your skin...and down the road you develop skin cancer...how are you going to know, if your covered in ink. If you have a mole or even freckles, and you colored on them-your not going to know if one changes colors to go get it checked.

They make gorgeous temporary tattoos, and you can change them around....if you like tattoos-that's what I think would be cool. Because once you pick something...your stuck for life with it. If you used temporary ones, you could change them all the time, you could coordinate them with your outfit.

I always stick them on my face at Halloween, but the idea of never getting that off of my skin, just freaks me out.

I have heard they are very painful, and I can't imagine why so many people are afraid of needles, but they will go get a tattoo.

I have seen lots of people...regret them.

When I think of tattoos I think of criminals, and carnival workers....so I never have gotten over that imagine, that I have always kind of thought they were trashy.

My own mother has 2 of them. She has a yellow rose, and a rainbow ...she went with my Aunt and got one...my Aunt got a dolphin with a sunset in the background....when I saw it I thought she had a giant bruise on her leg, and the sunset looked like mercurchrome.

All I kept thinking about was...when you get old and your skin looses all of it's firmness...your going to have a big blob there, and you'll look like you have age spots every where.

I am not sure why people get tattoos in places that nobody will ever see them...if you want one...then show it.

All the body piercing stuff freaks me out too, I have no clue why anyone wants to do that either.
I am not liking the retainer that I have on the inside of my teeth, that I am suppose to keep for years...to keep my teeth straight....it bothers my tongue constantly, and I don't like how it feels....I can not imagine piercing my tongue and having a metal ball in my mouth, and what it would feel like against my teeth, and trying to eat.

My husband says every time he goes to Wal-Mart his attention is diverted to reading everyone's tattoos.

I have never even seen an attractive person look enhanced by tattoos, I actually think even though the artwork on some of them is amazing-and I can appreciate that....but when I see it on someone's body...I think it totally distracts from the person, and I think they make a person look unattractive.

I have never understood how tattoos have become so popular.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have one right now but I've been wanting to get one for the last year or so. I know exactly what I want - a line of music from the song "Everyday is a winding road" running from collarbone to collarbone.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a really small one. It is the Japanese character for "tiger", which is my zodiac sign. I got it in Japan and have special memories attached to getting it. Nobody ever sees it, not even when I'm wearing a bikini, so it is a private memory for me and I still love to be reminded of the time when I got it.
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so amazed at how many people actually have tattoos.

I remember I worked in a nursing home in the 80's, and there was an old lady that had a spider tattooed on her hand, and everyone knew from the time period that she got that tattoo, that she had to be a wild woman, because it just wasn't common for women to have tattoos.

A guest, who stayed here, she had a tattoo on her hand of a heart...that she did herself...she said it's how people did it themselves in prison, they burned the ink off cigarette wrappers on to their skin. I thought about how bad that would have hurt. It seems like a form of self mutilation to me. I can not wrap my head around why anyone wants to permanently mark their bodies up.

I look at so many celebrities from the 80's (mostly men)...who went from being clean cut...to now they look like criminals, and I can't see the transition.

Did anyone ever see this guy?

http://bmeworld.com/amago/bodmod/index.html

I just don't get it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Did everyone go get ink sober, or did you need some liquid courage? Look how far we've come, to think that ages ago only sailors and prisoners had tatoos.

all respectable tattooists will not give somebody a tat if they're intoxicated. If your drunk and an artist is willing to ink you up that should be a warning flag about him and his practice.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

I have four tats and the only one that hurt was the one that goes completely around my bicep; and then that only hurt on the underside. I know a lot of people who get a tattoo around their bicep but they only go 3/4 of the way around because of the pain factor.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toxic Sammy Hain:
Here's a picture of one of my tatu's and I'm not giving him up either

-

OK - nobody has said so yet, but this is funny....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love tats on women's lower backs....never a tramp stamp in my opinion. I think it's hot when women have tattoos period.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
If people name something a "tramp stamp"...it's like they are giving a label to what they think of that whole thing. I have never thought belly button rings are sexy on women, but that seemed to be a big thing too, and everyone was running out to get those. That's something that down the road you can get rid off, tattoos are forever.

My mom and I were talking about this, and she said it's everyone's choice and what I think is not necessarily what others do, and I know that...I think it really is because I think they take away from a person, and not add to them.

I think I am very conservative...I could never wear a shirt that showed cleavage, and girls do it all the time...I have always thought that looks trashy too....I asked my mom if she could even picture me wearing something like that...not even on my best day in the 80's...did I ever reveal my body like that. Now, if a woman has a tattoo right on her breast...you can see it, because they have everything hanging out.

It's weird because I was thinking about this whole subject the other night. I was thinking about ..no guy I ever dated had a tattoo-but 1, and he was in the military and I remember when he showed it to me, he said that all the guys that he was buddies with, they all went together to get them as a symbol...what it was... was the yin and the yang symbol...I think about now...does he look at that mark on his arm and remember why he did that.

It does mark a time period in your life...Even in pictures, you can date them..from looking at yourself with a tattoo, and know approximately the date.

I looked at the Lizardman's website, because I have seen him before on TV, and never could imagine why anyone would ever do that...if you read his bio...he seems semi normal from how he talks...but then you see pictures of him and things he does...like there's people out there that hang themselves from hooks, I guess they call that "suspension"....I think why would anyone ever do that to themselves....so then I think that guy has got to be nuts.

But he is exactly what I think of when I think of tattoos...I think of the tattooed lady at the carnival, and how that was a side show/freak attraction...when I was even a kid, and now if you don't have a tattoo , your the one who's different.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally do not care for tatoos. But one of my friends, who has passed away, had a really nice one of a Native American chief. It was huge-it was on his bicep on his right arm. But he had to get it re-colored almost every year because it faded from him being in the sun. Other than that one, I don't think they are for me. I have seen some beautifully done tats, and I've seen some really ugly ones. One of my hubby's freinds has one that is supposed to just be a regular tiger, but I think it looks pansy- It looks more like a mini Tony the Tiger or something. And another girl I know has some ridiculous one on her calf- it's really juvenile looking, and drawn horribly too. It's something with a castle. Ugly! And the worst are tramp stamps- the girls who have them that live around here are exactly that- tramps.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home