iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » does anyone have tattoos?? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: does anyone have tattoos??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know the more I was reading about tattooing-the more scarier it is.

You can get what are called Keloid formations, which is permanent scaring.

You can have problems with getting an MRI if you have tattoos.

It says they do distort over time, and the actual image will change, and people can become embarrassed by what they look like, because what they start out like, isn't what they end up to be.

I do think that people really should do some researching on it...there is a ton of bad stuff about them, actually I didn't read 1 positive thing about them, they sure don't improve your health.

They can cost up to $100,000 to have them removed, and they can be very difficult to cover up or fix once they start to deteriorate.

Sometimes they can never be removed completely.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Henna tattooing hasn't even been approved by the FDA, and it can cause even more problems.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So when are you going in for your's?? [Wink]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Probably about the time that mullets come back in style. NOT!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hee hee... Very good. I'm just goofing around with ya M'lady.. There not for everyone, each to their own eh..!! [Wink]
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get Keloid formations from any sort of cut to your skin. My sister has them from her mastectomy. I get MRI's every 6 months for a condition I have had since childhood, never had a problem.

Most people who get tattoos already know the scary side of it. Did you know that it is possible to die from an infection you get from having your ears peirced? You also have facial nerves that run through your earlobes and you can puncture one causing permanent facial paralysis.

No matter what you are talking about there is going to be a downside. Slim in most cases, but still there, and yet people do it.

Tattoing is a personal choice and should be left at that. I am not ignorant to what the small chances of having these side effects. But I am much more likely to die from a killer whale attack in Indiana than I am from dying from an MRI distater from a tatoo.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Wait a minute?? They have killer whales in Indiana?? I aint going there then!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no MRI problems from my tattoos
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
My tattoo artist is dyslexic, I had terrible trouble with my MIR scan!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the MIR fell out of orbit and crashed to Earth
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

What possibly could happen during an MRI scan from a Tattoo? Unless a small shard of the needle was left behind.
EleanorJune
unregistered

It sounds like that stupid thing going around that if you wear glitter anywhere on your face and some got in your eye, and you had an MRI you could go blind from the glitter ripping through. It was a sad time for all strippers I know, but it was finally proven a hoax!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Strippers you know eh???? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Do tell!!!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am saying anything that is a permanent thing to do, that is pretty much irreversible...people should really think about it. I think what some people are saying about themselves is true....but I know a young girl who got a tattoo on her stomach, and it's a giant Tree...she's only 18 years old....people think they are hip and cool....and at 18 years old...to go do something irreversible ....it is not a smart thing...every 18 year old will say that they know what they want now, and that will never change, and every 40 year old says....that it does...

I think right now...there is alot of peer pressuring on the whole tattooing thing, with wanting to be like everyone else and wanting to fit in...so people go with their friends and get a tattoo...then in 2 years they never speak to those people again...and are stuck with some crazy spur of the moment thing on themselves.

I am not talking that every single person is going to have these things happen...but I think about everyone saying they love them...come back and tell me in 10 years what you think.

(I'll still be here)

I know my friend's husband has a different woman's name tattooed on his arm than her, and so did my Aunt's husband...and they didn't want to go under the needle again to correct it, so they are stuck for life with it. It can be a reminder of a good time in your life, but it can go both ways on that too, and be a constant reminder of someone you wish you could forget but have to look at every day.

[ 10. November 2008, 13:09: Message edited by: ISIS ]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The MRI thing has to do with the age of your tattoo.

http://tattoo.about.com/cs/tatfaq/a/mri_scan.htm

EleanorJune
unregistered

I have had one of my pieces for just shy of 10 years. I love it more today than I did when I got it. And in ten years when we talk about it again, I promise you the answer will be the same.

If that girl wanted a giant tree, than more power to her. It's her body, it's her choice, it's her life. Being 18 doesn't make her less intelligent about the lifelong commitment she is making to it.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
She already regrets it.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I have seen that happen to other kids too, and they say "why didn't somebody stop me", and you say...I did, but you didn't listed, and then they say...you should have tried harder.
EleanorJune
unregistered

I would worry about prison tattoo's!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My cousin has a tattoo of a poofed up bird, with his feathers all rumpled up, and one eye closed, it's right on the middle of his chest....He got it when he was 19. He's 31 now. He looks at it, and says it's stupid looking, and he doesn't like the artistry either...he looks at the way newer ones look, and thinks ...he wished he would have waiting for a better quality one.

I can only talk about what I have seen in my own world, with the people I know...or things people have told me...since I really don't know that many people with them....that are really close to me....then I can't say too much about them at all.

I just know if I were talking to my own son, when he becomes 18...I know he doesn't want one, but if he did...I would say...wait until your older.

I was 18 at one time too, and I thought I was really mature-I lived on my own and paid my own bills and thought I knew everything....my life could have been completely altered by choices I made at 18...I realize that being 18 doesn't make you stupid...but you can do stupid stuff...which is totally different.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think Prisoners have nothing to fear...they should tattoo the living heck out of each other...if they are in jail...then whatever happens to them in there...I say ..good.
EleanorJune
unregistered

I am 25 and still do stupid stuff! [Smile]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well...I guess I do too...but just every day stupid....

I honestly don't care if someone else is tattooed on every square inch of their body...it isn't me...it isn't hurting me...and actually has no bearing on my life one bit...so it is something I do think is a personal choice, but my whole point is to look in to it and read about them.

Like I said...I have been creeped out over tattoos....I grew up during the time period of Charles Mansun, and I remember the crosses on their foreheads, and I always have that image in the back of my mind of tattoos and creepy people...and that's me.

I was totally freaked out last year on American Idol, when the one girl-who I can't remember her name right now-but I liked her- her husband's entire face was tattooed.....I couldn't help but think how strange he looked, and what does he think when he looks in the mirror. I don't think it is attractive...but he must like it. And if he doesn't and he changed his mind and regrets it...then that would be sad.

Not even on the arms of Rick Springfield, do I find myself thinking any different.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
EleanorJune-How did you get a tattoo at age 15?
EleanorJune
unregistered

My mom took me!
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home