iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, there's a lot of good stuff coming out lately. I went waaaaaaay over the top with my latest package..
and still i could name at least twenty more recently released titles i'd like to have !

Life is tough when you're addicted to buying movies, i guess. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Atomik how high is the cost of living in Finland,do you actually live in the helsinki area as a few years back I actually thought of taking my family on a trip there but was put off by what I'd read and had seen about the high costs of every day living,in the end I opted for Vienna Austria which also had a bit of a rep for being expensive but I found it to be way cheaper than my capital city of London.

I found this quite recent video on YouTube http://youtu.be/0WDjYtg7c1g and the prices do seem a bit scary but the guy is in a hotel so i'd imagine that they'd be higher but he is saying that they are about the same as the sort of prices that you'd expect to pay on the street.

Surely not,a small Pringles for 3 euro [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Those are hotel prices and i have only one advice: Don´t buy anything from a finnish hotel [Smile] Street prices are much, much lower.
I personally live way norther, in Northern Ostrobothnia area.

Too bad that Huuto.net didn´t recognise your UK postal code.

Johnny, lots of good stuff there!

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'd like to pick up the scream double bill of - dungeonmaster and eliminators,never seen dungeonmaster but eliminators was a lot of fun!
Dungeonmaster (released in the UK as Ragewar) is apparently uncut (some brief nudity I think). It's massively cheesey but fun.

Is anyone else having massive issues trying to find out what features the Blu-Rays have? I tend to only purchase the Blu if it has something the DVD didn't, and then merge the packaging, but so many companies (Kino, Olive) don't list what features will be on the discs for lots of movies, which is infuriating!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
quote:
Atomik how high is the cost of living in Finland,do you actually live in the helsinki area as a few years back I actually thought of taking my family on a trip there but was put off by what I'd read and had seen about the high costs of every day living,in the end I opted for Vienna Austria which also had a bit of a rep for being expensive but I found it to be way cheaper than my capital city of London.

I found this quite recent video on YouTube http://youtu.be/0WDjYtg7c1g and the prices do seem a bit scary but the guy is in a hotel so i'd imagine that they'd be higher but he is saying that they are about the same as the sort of prices that you'd expect to pay on the street.

Surely not,a small Pringles for 3 euro [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Those are hotel prices and i have only one advice: Don´t buy anything from a finnish hotel [Smile] Street prices are much, much lower.
I personally live way norther, in Northern Ostrobothnia area.

Too bad that Huuto.net didn´t recognise your UK postal code.

Johnny, lots of good stuff there!

I thought the guy probably had it wrong,as I noticed you do have the bargain food stores such as lidl and aldi and there prices are always reasonable,glancing at a map your quite some distance from helsinki then so if my thinking is correct you must live more towards the Lapland area up in the wilderness with all the bears and flying squirrels [Big Grin] .

Here In the UK atomik if you want to see a flying squirrel you have to pick one up and throw it!

-

Atomik have you ever seen one of these in the wilderness or are they quite rare in finland,they look so cool!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
quote:
I'd like to pick up the scream double bill of - dungeonmaster and eliminators,never seen dungeonmaster but eliminators was a lot of fun!
Dungeonmaster (released in the UK as Ragewar) is apparently uncut (some brief nudity I think). It's massively cheesey but fun.

Is anyone else having massive issues trying to find out what features the Blu-Rays have? I tend to only purchase the Blu if it has something the DVD didn't, and then merge the packaging, but so many companies (Kino, Olive) don't list what features will be on the discs for lots of movies, which is infuriating!

Sometimes I check my wife's Facebook for specs Logan,or other times the sites - dvdactive,dvdbeaver,DVD compare,mondodigital,dvd drive-in,dvdtalk,whysoblu amongst many,your right sometimes it is really difficult picking up on what extra features or screen aspect ratio etc the disc is going to have.

I'll grab dungeonmaster at some point Logan as it sounds good fun - here's - whysoblu's review -

http://whysoblu.com/the-dungeonmaster-eliminators-double-feature-blu-ray-review/

P's. Your definitely right about trying to keep up with all the new releases johnny that you want to pick up,especially the last few months they've really piled them on,I gradually just try and chip away at a few releases that I want at a time as it's not worth getting yourself in debt over I think!

[ 21. December 2015, 08:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finland is such a long country north/south -wise so there´s no flying squirrels or reindeers where i live, maybe few bears (the normal ones) in the woods.

Logan is right that some companies like to hide the information about the extra features.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I think the worse scenario is when you purchase a release to then find out it's been cut for some reason or the other or it's a different version of the print than what your used to.

Bit like my blu ray of van damme's a.w.o.l which i picked up that had numerous scenes missing throughout -
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=32226 ,gotta say i was pretty annoyed at the time.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sometimes I check my wife's Facebook for specs Logan,or other times the sites - dvdactive,dvdbeaver,DVD compare,mondodigital,dvd drive-in,dvdtalk,whysoblu amongst many,your right sometimes it is really difficult picking up on what extra features or screen aspect ratio etc the disc is going to have.
Nice list! I do check some of those sites sometimes. Not Facebook though - never that!

quote:
Logan is right that some companies like to hide the information about the extra features.
I don't get why though - sometimes a few features can be a strong selling point.

quote:
I think the worse scenario is when you purchase a release to then find out it's been cut for some reason or the other or it's a different version of the print than what your used to.
Music they do that with a lot. Companies often sneak out releases and don't mention the music has been altered. I think they did that with the release of 'Baby It's You' which actually put me off buying it.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just watched White Lightning. Check out the Kino Lorber blu-ray review: http://www.wearemoviegeeks.com/2014/12/white-lightning-blu-review/

I watched the UK dvd which seems to be the same tv-version because i didn´t see any skin [Wink]
I bet that the old finnish vhs tape includes the long version, now if i only could find it. Damn i hate those tv-prints...

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reviewer wrote Diane Lane had a supporting role in White Lightning. [Confused]

Diane Ladd.. Diane Lane.. what's the difference.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Still more from my latest package.. New Arrow limited editions :

-

Arrow's limited Nekromantik 2 was released on december 7th, and went out-of-print less than two weeks later.
Each set individually numbered (mine is 2084 out of 3000), this is yet another cult collector's dream come true !

-

Arrow's limited Blood Rage 3-disc set (two blu-rays and one dvd) includes three complete versions of the main feature.

Check out Arrow's own promotional video for this one : www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w5oobkdIPA

Lovely ! [Big Grin]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
and the good stuff keeps on coming, and coming..

-  -

Jess Franco's Justine (1968) starring Jack Palance, and Franco's Eugenie (1969) starring Christopher Lee,
both brand new 4K restorations, and each set is presented in a 3-disc (blu-ray + dvd + cd) limited edition !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Johnny have you watched blood rage yet? As it's picking up some really favourable reviews,if you get chance if you could let us know what it is like as I'm pretty tempted into picking up a copy!

Here's some of the blu ray's DVDs that I've picked up over the last month -

-

Us blu ray of the 1993 George A.romero horror - the dark half which is based on the novel by Stephen king,Australian blu ray's of - passenger 57 with Wesley snipes and steven seagal's fun 1990 actioner - hard to kill,also an oz DVD of the Patrick Dempsey,Jennifer connelly drama - some girls aka sisters from 1988,a cheap UK DVD of - the crossing (1990) starring Russell crowe and also a UK blu ray edition of the Rutger hauer action thriller - split second (1992).

-

Also I purchased as presents for the other half the 1st season of - robin of Sherwood starring Michael praed on blu ray and spy starring Melissa mcCarthy,Jude law and Jason statham.

Also I received as presents- mad Max fury road (which I watched at the theatres earlier in the year) and the latest terminator which I have yet to see.

Lastly in poundland yesterday I picked up this romantic comedy -

-

From 2013 - just one day aka At middleton starring Andy Garcia,vera farmiga and the great tom skerritt,never seen it before but its got a great cast and at just 1 pound I think we'll worth the gamble!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Johnny have you watched blood rage yet? As it's picking up some really favourable reviews,if you get chance if you could let us know what it is like as I'm pretty tempted into picking up a copy!

Warrior, get it as soon as possible !

If the limited edition goes out-of-print it will be replaced by a regular combopack, and you'd be missing out on
the second blu-ray disc included in this package which has the Nightmare At Shadow Woods cut plus the composite edit.

So it's definitely worth to pick up the L.E. while it's still available !

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blood Rage. Will have to check that one out.

I have several copies of Some Girls. Is it worth watching YW.

Also picked up LOSIN IT and Biloxi Blues on VHS.

Posts: 1995 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Blood Rage. Will have to check that one out.

I have several copies of Some Girls. Is it worth watching YW.

Also picked up LOSIN IT and Biloxi Blues on VHS.

Biloxi blues is a lot of fun terd,some girls I first saw when it was originally released,couldn't remember much from it and can't find it for rental anywhere so I thought I'd pick it up cheap on DVD as I adore Jennifer connelly and also think Dempsey is a lot of fun,I think it's a bit of an odd and slow affair but I think I do vaguely remember quite liking it!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Latest tapes: Sumber Party ´57 (1976), Private Lessons (1981), Penn & Teller Get Killed (1989),
The Streets of L.A. (1979), The Butterfly Revolution aka Summer Camp Nightmare (1987), Kansas City Bomber (1972).

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Raquel Welch looks great on that - Kansas city bomber tape,the butterfly revolution I've never seen that,sounds interesting from what I've read of it over on the imdb.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Popped into my local city center today and My wife happened to get herself a couple of films for herself and my son so I paid the difference and sneaked in a couple of films for myself,got - gremlins on blu (about time I upgraded this one from my old cardboard snapcase DVD),the hard way on blu and the 2010 thriller - frozen also on blu.

Another thing I picked up which I've been after for ages but wanted to get them at a reasonable price was these Atari 2600 paddle controllers,paid just over 10 UK pounds for them and they seem to work really well so i'm pleased with my purchase.

[ 02. January 2016, 19:39: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Got these last week:

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cool! Turbo kid,have you watched it yet atomik?

I picked up both of these in the sales -

-

[ 06. January 2016, 16:19: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Can't go wrong with Arrow, Warrior ! [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah they definitely go that extra mile with there releases johnny,tempted to pick up rollerball at some point and probably the stand alone releases of both videodrome and society.

I've got madman on blu ray from arrow headed my way which I'm looking forward to receiving.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Turbo Kid? Very soon Arrow Warrior [Big Grin]
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My most recent Blu-ray purchases include Wolfen, Enter the Ninja, Revenge of the Ninja...and currently en route in the mail....Weird Science and Breakin 1+2! Good times!!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home