iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 36)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen The Never Ending Story but my son's got it on his shelf on Dvd so I will check it out at some point,always looked liked a well made family fantasy adventure!

Manhunnters cool I liked that,never seen any of the others you've picked up there johnny but they all look very interesting especially the Killer Dames double pack,Psychic Killer and the Jodie Foster flick The Little Girl That Lived Down The Lane.

Worth Winning I thought that was a lot of fun Atomik as was Hello Again,i've seen Dutch way back under an alternate title and I think remember it being good fun,also have watched Traces Of Red before but can't remember it very well at all!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Manhunnters cool I liked that,never seen any of the others you've picked up there johnny but they all look very interesting especially the Killer Dames double pack,Psychic Killer and the Jodie Foster flick The Little Girl That Lived Down The Lane.

The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane is available on both region A blu-ray (from Scorpion / Kino Lorber)
and Region B (from UK's Signal One Entertainment).
Quality-wise the transfers may be identical, but i decided to get the region A disc because it has slightly better extra's,
including a director's commentary and a new, half hour interview with Martin Sheen.

Great movie (although a bit of a slowburner), and video-quality looks absolutely amazing. Highly recommended !

Here's two more 80s (semi-)classics from my latest package :

-  -

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen either Solarbabies or Steele Justice before are they pretty good fun Johnny?
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen these either, although i do have original advertising material for both from back in the day,
promoting their release on rental video. So i'm happy to finally have these two movies in my collection now.
It sort of makes me feel like i've come full circle, plus the fact that Kino Lorber always uses the original artwork
adds that little extra nostalgic feel to these releases as well. [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
My pick ups for the Last month and a bit -

-

Last Shift and Backtrack both on Dvd,Total Recall,Class Of 1984,Meatballs,Army Of Darkness and Copycat on Blu Ray

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice YW! I haven't seen Backtrack yet. Meatballs is always a favorite.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Backtrack I found pretty enjoyable Pittsburghgirl,the plot is a bit by the numbers but it's well made plus well acted by Adrien Brody,Sam Neil,etc. in all truth it's a rather enjoyable Horror Mystery!

Meatballs is a classic,it's such fun,i find it to be really funny in parts plus it's very good natured,Bill Murray is ace as well as one of the main camp counselors!

[ 14. June 2016, 00:59: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A few pick ups - sci-fi comedy Dr.Alien on DVD,Face Off,Snakes Eyes Double Feature Blu Ray,Sleepaway 3 Blu Ray and The Destroyer,Edge Of Sanity Double Feature also on Blu.

Sorry about the slightly dark picture but it's seriously overcast at the moment!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man you watch a lot of movies Warrior! I picked up Money Pit the other day on vhs.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Money Pit is great fun Terd! I've been picking up quite a few releases of late but the good thing is it hasn't hit me to hard in the pocket as I'm using my savvy and picking up most of these when there in the sales Dr.Alien - £4.50p,Sleepaway Camp 3 - £6,Face Off/Snake Eyes - £4.26p it was only The Anthony Perkins double pack that was a bit more expensive at 12 UK pounds.

I definitely hold off if I think a film is too expensive even if it means missing out!

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love The Money Pit. Back when Hanks was a comedian.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
A bunch of imports from my June package include :

Man From Deep River (88Films blu-ray). The BBFC cut out some scenes of animal cruelty, but among its many extra's
is a feature-length documentary about "cannibal actress" Me Me Lai, so that's pretty cool !

Burial Ground (88Films blu-ray). Excellent restoration blows every previous edition out of the water,
and finally makes this Euro-trash splatter classic look like a real film !

Trancers 3 ; Deth Lives (88Films blu-ray) and Enemy Mine (Eureka UK blu-ray).

Black Widow and the fully loaded special edition of The Seven-Ups, both on blu-ray from UK's Signal One Entertainment.

Various US imports include :

Killer Force (1976, blu-ray), Christina (1984, blu-ray), Sorceress (1995, Synapse blu-ray), plus :

-

Sweet ! [Big Grin]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Almost forgot to mention :

-

Glad to finally have this one.. and it's from Criterion too ! .. Now that's classy ! [Big Grin]

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff there, Johnny! Got another Dudikoff film today, Chain of Command (1994).

-

Posts: 7055 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Looks good, aTomiK.. That must have been one of the very last tapes distributed by The Cannon Group, i bet.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, according to Wiki it is the last movie released by Cannon. It´s a shame that cannon.org.uk seems to have vanished like you said...
Posts: 7055 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picked up Trees Lounge (1996) written and directed by Steve Buscemi, and L.A. Guns "Love, Peace and Geese" collection of videos. Both on VHS, found at my new favorite thrift store. I have a feeling I'm going to eventually find some valuable treasures there.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pittsburghgirl. Have you seen Trees Lounge? I saw it back in the 90s and it was kinda odd but I was fine with that.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Terd, I'd guess I watched it about 4-5 years ago, when I had my first go-round with Netflix, and we did both streaming and disc rental. I remember watching it on disc. It was kinda slow, but quirky. Your typical 90's indie film.
I had cancelled Netflix back in 2014, and I re-subscribed on New Year's Eve for streaming. Do they still do the disc rental too, does anyone know?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Love that Chain Of Command artwork Atomik,looks very similar to the old Uk VHS release of it we had over here,much better than the art for my no frills Chinese Dvd release of it I picked up some years back on eBay which has optional Chinese,English stereo audio and a 4.3 picture format.

Midnight Ride is another I own which is from the far east Thailand I presume as it has an optional Thai/English 5.1 audio track and same again with only a full screen picture ratio.

Both enjoyable Dudikoff/Cannon 90s flicks!

[ 10. July 2016, 06:30: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Midnight Ride is one Dudikoff film i don´t have. Gotta keep on searching...
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Scored the 1981 flick They all laughed on VHS at a estate sale. It has Ben Gazzara, John Ritter, Audrey Hepburn and Dorothy Stratton just to name a few. Anybody seen this?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Never seen They All Laughed but would like to I believe it was Dorothy Stratten's last film before she was brutally murdered by her jealous boyfriend Paul Snider.

-

Picked up recently The Monster Squad,Stone Cold, Harry And The Henderson's,Jewel Of The Nile,Blood rage all on Blu and my son treated me to Creed also on Blu which i have yet to watch!

[ 17. July 2016, 06:02: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Nice pickups Young Warrior. Of those Stone Cold was Excellent IMO, also like Jewel of the Nile. Always like the artwork on JOTNile and RTStone. Nice to see they actually kept some of the vhs artwork on that bluray. I was disappointed with Harry and the Monster Squad. Never saw the other 2 that you posted. Whats your opinion?
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pretty cool set there warrior. I´d like to get my hands on Stone Cold.
Any new extra material on The Monster Squad?

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home