iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 41)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something new:

Wuthering Heights (1970), Escape From Sobibor (1987), The Last Riders (1992), Superman anthology upgrade (which is missing Superman II - The Richard Donner Cut so the dvd stays!),
Falcon Crest season 2 (1982/83), Arthur 2: On the Rocks (1988), Round Midnight (1986) and Game for Vultures (1979).

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a Dutch dvd of Arthur 2 ? That age certificate logo looks like the one they use here in Holland.

Anyway.. my first package of 2017 arrived this morning. Several cool titles were sent early, as it's still 4 days
before official release date, and they've already crossed the ocean to end up on my doorstep ! [Smile]

Mostly US imports, including the notorious Love Camp 7 (Blue Underground combopack), The Lair Of The White Worm (Vestron),
collector's editions of Poltergeist 2 and 3 (Scream Factory), and a whole bunch of Cirio Santiago titles, Stryker (blu-ray),
Wheels Of Fire (dvd), Equalizer 2000 (dvd), The Sisterhood (dvd), and Dune Warriors (dvd).

-  -

Four out of five Vinegar Syndrome january titles (for some reason, Taboo 4 didn't come in yet), including Don't Answer The Phone,
Blood Mania / Point Of Terror (limited 3-disc edition), the very obscure Blue Money, and some vintage Seka erotica. [Cool]

Also included, after being delayed for a couple of weeks, the Lady Libertine / Love Circles double-feature blu-ray,
as well as Jess Franco's The Night Has A Thousand Desires (Mondo Macabro blu-ray).

Two UK imports from 88Films : The Devonsville Terror and Hands Of Steel (which has a new 40 minute interview with Sergio Martino).

I have never seen any of the aforementioned Cirio Santiago post-apocalypse movies, even though i clearly remember them
from the glory days of video rental stores. Thirty years down the road, i finally have the opportunity to catch up with what i
missed all those years ago.. Hey, better late than never, i'd say ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pick ups Atomik and Johnny

Here's my latest -

-

Curve, Hurricane Smith and Her Alibi on DVD,Clint Eastwood collection featuring the Sergio Leone trilogy plus Hang Em'High on Blu Ray plus To Live And Die In L.A and The Last Embrace also on Blu.

[ 30. January 2017, 08:10: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys got some eclectic stuff to start off 2017. Johnny, have you seen Blood Mania and Point of Terror, otherwise known as singer Pete Carpenter's vanity pictures? LOL Those two used to play throughout the mid-late 70s on late-night TV. And they wound up in so many exploitation and drive-in DVD box sets in the U.S. (I think that I have three different copies of each one.) Apparently Crown International distributed a TV package here in the U.S. during that era that included those two, They Saved Hitler's Brain (classic!), Terrified, Nightmare in Wax, Blood of Dracula's Castle, and a really cool, small gem called Horror High, or as it was shown on TV, Twisted Brain. While Crown didn't come close to hitting the artistic heights of AIP, their films were always entertaining, pretty much models of what worked in American drive-ins.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool stuff guys and yes Johnny, Arthur 2 is a dutch dvd [Wink]

Few new ones:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kashfiya Rafa
Rewind Curious
Member # 37477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kashfiya Rafa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice Thread to share my favorite movies, thanks to "Gustavo Woltmann" for reffering this thread and "The Wizard" for create this thread.
I bought Skyfall and GoT season 1 on Bluray a few weeks ago. And I am going to buy Breaking Bad Season 5.

Thanks once again. [Smile]
Have nice day. [Cool]

Posts: 2 | From: Amsterdam | Registered: Jan 2017 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Crash.. I never saw Blood Mania, but i do have Point Of Terror. It was included in a 'Horrible Horrors' collection
which consisted of 2 double-sided discs with two full movies on each side. Among the other movies included in that set
were Norman J Warren's Satan's Slave and Terror, and Roberta Findlay's Lurkers, for which i bought this.
There was also a second 'Horrible Horrors' set (which, i think, had Blood Mania included), but i never bothered because i
wasn't too impressed with the quality of the first set. Fortunately, most of these movies have since been re-released in
much-improved editions. By the way, the third disc in Vinegar Syndrome's limited edition pack has alternate TV versions
of both movies. I'm not sure how much they differ from the theatrical versions, but it certainly does show VS's dedication.
And, of course, quality-wise they're head and shoulders above any of the previously released dvd editions.

@Young Warrior.. Nice pick ups. You can never go wrong with that Clint set, and Arrow's To Live And Die In LA looks amazing.
Remember that car chase scene in broad daylight ? You practically need sunglasses to watch it. It's extremely bright.
It really is sunny in L.A. now in Arrow's new 4K transfer ! [Cool]

@aTomiK.. Beastmaster on blu-ray ?.. I love that movie. Unfortunately i don't have access to Australian import,
so i will have to wait till it gets a US or UK release. Even though i'm perfectly satisfied with the old Anchor Bay dvd,
i will not hesitate to upgrade Beastmaster to blu-ray !

@Kashfiya Rafa.. Welcome to the Rewind forum, my fellow Dutch citizen ! [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Horrible Horrors collections and agree that quality-wise, the discs were fairly lousy. (And the notorious Don't Answer the Phone was the cut TV version.) Go to www.dvddrive-in.com where there is a review that includes a description of what Crown added to Blood Mania and Point of Terror for the TV package. Vinegar Syndrome is fast becoming Criterion for exploitation films.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Several more Brigitte LaHaie titles from the Alpha France archives :

- Call Girls Deluxe (1979) / Secrétaires Sans Culotte (1979), double-feature dvd

- Belles De Soir (1977) / Parties De Chasse En Sologne (1979), double-feature dvd

- Les Soirees D'un Couple Voyeur (1979) / Les Plaisirs Fous (1977) / Esclaves Sexuelles Sur Catalogue (1977), triple-feature dvd

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I picked up Heavy Metal (1981) on VHS today at a thrift shop . I vaguely remember seeing it as a kid, but what really stands out is the soundtrack. My friend, who bought a new album every week, had the soundtrack album and we played it quite often. I would kill to have her collection. She gave it to her younger brother, and he sold them off.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Several more Brigitte LaHaie titles from the Alpha France archives :

- Call Girls Deluxe (1979) / Secrétaires Sans Culotte (1979), double-feature dvd

Turns out i already own Call Girls Deluxe on blu-ray, under its alternate title Paris Telefon 666.

Welcome to the wonderful world of European genre-cinema, where every movie has five different titles ! [Roll Eyes]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Picked up Captain Ron on DVD and Tales From The Crypt:Bordello Of Blood,The Park Is Mine and Band Of The Hand on Blu-ray.

Also

-

Of eBay I grabbed myself a copy of the Activision game Barnstorming on the Atari 2600 plus from the retro gaming shop about 10 minutes walk from me I picked up a handheld of Paperboy 2.

https://youtu.be/1omwJegOAH8 - Review of Barnstorming on the Atari 2600

https://youtu.be/gmv32EWkRX8 - Review of Paperboy handheld which in all truth is more or less like for like identical to the Paperboy 2 handheld.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey warrior. What's the date on the paperboy.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
It's 1992 terd so going back a while!

-

He had a couple of these puck monster handhelds as well and told me to name a price I'd be willing to pay but both had a bit of cosmetic damage to there screens so I passed on them.

Maybe I was being a bit too fuzzy considering there age and the fact that I think there screens were prone to scratching easy.

Remember playing this Pac-Man inspired handheld as a youngster and loving it!

https://youtu.be/i-vvcxEfMBA - puck monster handheld.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Puck Monster. I find that name to be humerous. This is a new one to me Warrior. Im not sure how popular they were over there but if it was anything like the portable PACMAN units like in National Lampoons Vacation, It would be a cool display piece.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
February package UK / US imports arrived ! [Cool]

-  -

All four Vinegar Syndrome titles for february, including combopacks of Slaughterhouse and Alex DeRenzy's XXX classic Babyface,
as well as two of their releases that hadn't come in yet (Taboo 4 from last month and Jack Frost from last december).

Deadtime Stories from Shout Factory, the trippy 1981 Korean horror flick Suddenly In The Dark from Mondo Macabro,
Cat's Eye (which, for some reason, i didn't have yet), all on blu-ray, and i've upgraded Tobe Hooper's Salem's Lot too.

-  -

From the UK i have The New Centurions (combopack), Willie Dynamite (combopack), and Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia,
Arrow's limited 2 disc blu-ray set with a whopping 10 hours of bonus material !

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
That Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, one of my favorites, set looks amazing. Such a great film.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I went to town yesterday, and couldn't resist picking up this blu-ray.. in fact, two blu-rays

-

The Conjuring parts 1 and 2 packaged together in a cardboard box, which contains both movies in seperate blu-ray cases.
These are the regular Dutch releases, but as they are from a major studio, i assume they're identical to the UK and US discs.

I hardly ever buy any newer movies, so this is that rare exception.. [Smile]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I feel ya johnny but that´s one helluva set and definitely worth getting.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Being a horror fan i feel ashamed to admit i know actually very little about the new wave of fright films,
so i figured The Conjuring wasn't a bad place to start. [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up on Blu Ray - Dead Heat,Assault On Precinct 13 and the 2009 horror thriller Kill Theory.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Few new ones:

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up quite a few vhs titles the last few months most of which I have never seen infact the only two I have seen so far is Separate Lives which I watched way back when it was first released to home video and the Christian Slater horror Twisted which I have owned on video cassette before but my old copy bit the bullet and got slightly mangled by an old player!

The rest are blind buys which I'm just hoping happen to be entertaining movies.

A few of there trailers -

https://youtu.be/YQgzpWjpepk - Separate Lives trailer.

https://youtu.be/iIy6XTdBLzI - Flashfire trailer.

https://youtu.be/dqr9BQEOyNA - A Breed Apart trailer.

-

https://youtu.be/ypeoN3cK7xA - In Pursuit Of Honor trailer.

https://youtu.be/q0kJITbCJww - Chameleon trailer.

https://youtu.be/P-tfQ6N2zno - Bodily Harm trailer.

-

https://youtu.be/WMgA9gEzvt4 - Artic Blue trailer.

https://youtu.be/lagpjcTKe9E - Hatchet Man aka Nature Of The Beast trailer.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A few more vhs over the last few months I have picked up from ebay all apart from Da Vinci's War I have yet to ever watch so they were all blind buys which I'm hoping will be half decent watches!

https://youtu.be/YAiYTZ1V6vs - Weeds (1987) trailer.

https://youtu.be/yP4JYgtZjHg - Deadly Illusion (1987) trailer

https://youtu.be/LYpJLNG9J0I - Suspicious Minds (1997)

https://youtu.be/5izKypDjlio - 3 minute Da Vinci's War (1993) clip

https://youtu.be/_krGVWDPyck - extended trailer Hanoi Hilton (1987)

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Been picking up a few Blu Rays/Dvds lately (which I will post pics of some at some point) plus a few more Vhs (above) with one I had never seen before called My Man Adam a comedy from 1985 being a rather decent blind buy featuring some good laughs from a likeable cast its worth checking out for anyone who happens to come across it as I think it's quite a rare little flick with only a rental video release from way back in the day!

Also the UK VHS of The Party Animal that differs from the Dvd as it features R.E.M track Radio Free Europe on the soundtrack!

Looking forward to rewatching Shaker Run as well as its been years since I last viewed that!

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home