iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 31)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is Scarecrow any good Warrior?
I picked up Runaway Train with Rebecca Demornay and jon Voight. Not sure I would have bought it but the description on the back bragged it up bigtime so for $1 thought I would give it a go.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Runaway Train is a classic !

Perhaps one of the best action movies of the decade, and possibly THE best from The Cannon Group !
The whole cast is excellent. Eric Roberts was even nominated for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor, and rightfully so !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Johnny. That's pretty much what the box said! Cool. Ill check it out sooner than later.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got Black Rain (Michael Douglas) on Blu-ray for a few bucks at a second hand shop. Don't think I've ever seen this one, but will give it a shot...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Black Rain is excellent kevdog
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scarecrows is a really decent low budget horror with a creepy atmosphere and some rather bloody kills,well worth checking out and like johnny mentioned - runaway train is seriously great and for just a dollar its a bargain and a half - well worth it!

I second that on - black rain as that also is a really great film,a few bucks as well you guys are really striking it lucky with some great buys of late!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All kinds of stuff. Last Light is NOT what you may think it is [Smile] It´s a prison flick directed by Kiefer Sutherland.
Say Anything and Summer School are upgrades to versions with extra material.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last light is a good movie atomik,not seen it since it first came out but I definitely recollect liking it!

I absolutely Love - summer school and - say anything.

Some really cool pick ups!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love love love all the Muppet movies...I need to get The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper on Blu-ray...already have Muppets Take Manhattan...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

You cracked me up on the Last Light comment aTomiK
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continental Divide
Neighbors
Chances Are
The Pick Up Artist
The Wizard
The Tempest
Jumpin' Jack Flash
White Palace
Maid To Order
Jack's Back

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Nice scoop cindy! Neighbors and Jumpin' Jack Flash stand out for me...two movies I re-call images of as a kid, but don't know if I've ever seen them. Wasn't Neighbors quite hard to find on DVD?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Maid to order is a really great find Cindy as not only is it a fun comedy but it was discontinued by the studio quite some time ago,the region 1 DVD copy sales for about 60 UK pounds over here which roughly converts to about 85 us dollars and used copies go for about 30 UK pounds upwards (42 dollars) so it's most definitely one that's gone out of print!

Never seen - chances are,continental divide,white palace,the wizard or the tempest,but have seen all the other's and they are a lot of fun,I absolutely love - jack's back it's another one that I own the poster to (below).

Kevdug you know you said about how awesome the voice over guy sounded in the - 52 pick up trailer check out this guy for the - jack's back trailer
https://youtu.be/IGMeFCooSUg - as he sounds like he's actually living it!

Always liked James spader - tuff turf,the new kids,bad influence,the Rachel papers etc he's appeared in some really entertaining movies over the years!

quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by the young warrior:
[qb]  -

I have a few UK movie posters Chloe,this is one of the ones I own - jacks back from 1988 starring James spader.

Please Excuse the mess I'm in the middle of decorating.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big box chock full of both US and UK imports has just been delivered to Roarke residence ! [Big Grin]

I knew beforehand that february was going to be a very expensive month, but this package actually
came much earlier than i expected.

Lots of stuff has been sent early. For example, all Scream Factory and Vinegar Syndrome releases with
a february 23rd street date are already here !

Of course the Arrow label is well represented too, including my first Arrow US release (Pray For Death),
but also this beauty :

-

More to follow.. lots more..

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny, that Arrow box set of true regional drive-in obscurities is amazing!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bro also ordered that one, don´t know if he already has it. What i do know is that he got the Blood Rage, The Mutilator and Deep Red Arrow sets.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Not seen - pray for death for years,since it first came out actually and the UK vhs was probably cut to shreds,would love to check it out again!

I've seen - the mutilator atomik way back on a low budget DVD label I think it was vipco and the picture quality was awful but do remember quite enjoying the fim,also seen - deep red way back but have never seen - blood rage, I bet they look great on there arrow blu's!

Here's a couple I've picked up lately -

-

Mimic and resident evil - retribution was a late valentines present for the other half who's a big fan of both movies and for myself I picked up - distant thunder and - show of force double DVD and - my science project on a cheap blu ray.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Just picked up Rage Of Honor (Sho Kosugi) DVD for $2 bucks at the flea market. Never heard of this one...but it said 1986 on the back!!!...so I bought it [Roll Eyes]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
My new Scream Factory releases :

-  -
 -  -

I have to admit i was slightly disappointed by the Jack's Back transfer, and the Bill Pullman commentary on the
Serpent And The Rainbow disc is a joke. I mean, the guy walks out of the recording session around the 53 minute mark !
Some people (like myself) may consider that to be an insult.. Nice one, Bill ! [Mad]

On the plus side : The transfers for The Curse (part 1) and R.O.T.O.R. are spectacular, for better or worse.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
What´s wrong with Bill, what a lousy thing to do. Did he sound frustrated or something like that?

The Curse films are interesting. The first one´s directed by David Keith and the second one stars Jill Schoelen.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I don't know really. He just gets up and tells the moderator he has to leave because of a busy schedule the following day.
It may be true.. we'll never know.. but in that case i wonder why he agreed to do the commentary in the first place !

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Johnny, that Arrow box set of true regional drive-in obscurities is amazing!

Absolutely, yes ! [Smile]

The only one i'm familiar with is The Witch Who Came From The Sea, which was released on region 1 dvd in 2004
by the short-lived Subversive Cinema label.

Who'd ever thought something like Malatesta's Carnival Of Blood would make it onto blu-ray.. loaded with extra's ?!!

I can't wait to find out what titles will be released in subsequent American Horror Project box-sets,
as this appears to be the first of an on-going series.

Speaking of regional drive-in obscurities.. I think this one fits into that category quite nicely as well :

-

Previously released by Something Weird Video, although not as a double-feature with one another,
(Kidnapped Coed was paired up with Hitch Hike To Hell, 1977 on that release), i couldn't resist upgrading
to blu-ray, simply because of the massive amount of extra's, and even a soundtrack CD.. It's insane ! [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Pity about the - jack's back transfer not really being up to scratch johnny, I really dig that movie!

-

I picked up - the frighteners and Lisa on blu ray and - ladybugs on DVD.

Not seen - ladybugs or Lisa before so looking forward to checking them both out but have watched - the frighteners way back when first released!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Frighteners was fun.

Picked up one I never heard of today called WAR BUS COMMANDO, plus Hellraiser 2 and 4

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Frighteners was fun.

Picked up one I never heard of today called WAR BUS COMMANDO, plus Hellraiser 2 and 4

-

Is this it terd? As I saw this when it first came out and I remember it being pretty enjoyable!

-

Ordered a DVD copy of - after hours last night,never watched it before so looking forward to finally checking this one out!

[ 28. February 2016, 04:22: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home