iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What movies have you recently purchased? (Page 32)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: What movies have you recently purchased?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that War Bus Commando is one of the many titles for the ´89 sequel Afganistan - The Last Warbus.
I love the original but while the sequel has few cool moments, overall it´s pretty lame.

After Hours is a classic!

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Pity about the - jack's back transfer not really being up to scratch johnny, I really dig that movie!

It's by no means a bad transfer, but considering it got a four star rating on Blu-ray.com i was expecting.. more, i guess.
The darker scenes actually do look quite good, but it's the daylight scenes that failed to impress
(which is odd, 'cause usually it's the other way around).
Colours seem slightly off, a little washed-out perhaps (and not in the "intended-that-way" kind of look).

On the plus side, there's a featurette that includes a new interview with Cynthia Gibb. [Smile]

I also got 88Films' Children Of The Corn trilogy on blu-ray :

-

Pretty cool little box-set, even though the extra's from Anchor Bay's 20th Anniversary DiviMax edition
have not been carried over. However, there is a feature-length documentary about producer Donald Borchers.
I skipped through it a bit, and i noticed there's a lot of coverage on Angel (1984) to be found here as well.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received the brand new Camera Obscura release today ! [Cool]

-

When it comes to Italian horror / exploitation, the Camera Obscura label is in a league of their own !

Review : www.10kbullets.com/reviews/n/no-the-case-is-happily-resolved-camera-obscura-bluray-2/

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, a bit on the expensive side aren´t they?
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, i know.. Usually i pay around 30 euro's for the dvd editions, and 34 for the blu-rays.

But believe it or not, that's about the same as the releases from several of the US labels cost here,
so i've grown accustomed to spending that much money on certain releases. [Roll Eyes]

On the plusside, Camera Obscura never fails to impress. They're still digging up the most obscure Italian movies
that i've never even heard of (like this last one), and give them the royal treatment.
Top-notch transfers, excellent bonus content, original artwork design, and full English-friendly discs !

I believe each release is limited to 2000 pcs. , and thus far i've managed to get them all..
and i have to say i consider each and every one of them to be among the very best my collection has to offer.

As a fan of Italian horror and exploitation, i feel obliged to give them my utmost support !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of these releases of late - scream factory,olive,kino etc I've been holding back on as the prices have really crept up,been buying a lot of films still but if I can spot a couple of older catalogue titles for a fraction of the price I'll always opt for them!

So many blu ray titles especially from scream factory I'd like to pick up - nightmares,jack's back,eliminators/dungeon master,class of 1984,I madman,body bags ,the guardian,prison,pumpkinhead 1 & 2,ghost warrior/house where evil dwells,psycho 2,invaders from Mars,the sentinel,stigmata,demon knight & bordello of blood etc etc the list goes on and that's even before I look at what some of the other labels are releasing.

Both kino and olive have got a lot of stuff I want to pick up but when some of these movies are getting up to the 15 UK pounds + mark I'm starting to hold off and then just praying that at some point they drop in price!

I picked up a couple more fridge magnets and have stuck them (took the magnet of first of cause) to the side of one of my DVD shelfs,I got - every which way but loose and - death wish.

-

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Some discs i´ve got during the last few weeks:
Drive (1997), Direct Hit (1994), Blood Tracks (1985), The Honeymoon Killers (1969),
A Private Matter (1992), Street Hero (1984), The Big Fall (1997).

Only seen Street Hero before. I own the vhs tape but now got the dvd thanks to my buddy down under.

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got that exact same - street hero DVD atomik,real fun flick with a great soundtrack,blood tracks I've never seen but can remember it well in the video shops, I've got quite a few Australian DVDs now - streets of gold,street hero,some girls,spellbinder,the crush are a few that I have spotted and - black rain,hard to kill,pet sematary, piranha,passenger 57 amongst the blu rays.

There's a few titles available in Oz that have limited or no availability elsewhere!

I know which Aussie flick I want to get hold off next and that is the 90s comedy - the big steal as I do like the look of that!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just picked up "Bobby Deerfield" (1977) w' Al Pacino. I've never seen it, but for $3 bucks willing to give it a try. Worth my time?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This is what I've picked up over the last month or 2 - Two Evil Eyes,Assassins,Big Bad Wolf on Blu-ray and After Hours and Lost After Dark on DVD.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Also in this last month i've picked up a record player,I got this audio technica deck,it's only a entry level model but it does me fine,sound is pretty decent as well,it was under £100 so not bad value at all.

I've got it connected via phono to my av receiver so it was simple connection,so basically I had the amp & speakers already and it was good to go straight out the box!

-

So I've been hitting the 99p - 1.99 bargains on eBay,here's some that I've got - Cutting Crew - Life In A Dangerous Time,Belinda Carlisle bundle - Heaven Is A place On Earth,I Get Week,Circle in the sand,also got Berlin - Like Flames and the Gregg Tripp song - I Don't Want To Live without You from the movie Kuffs.

[ 09. September 2016, 12:29: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior, is After Hours good?

Better lock that record player up, no doubt the needle will get stolen [Wink]

Just picked up
Disneys Charlie and the Angel
HAWKS
Kentucky Fried Movie
A Town Like Alice new
All VHS

Posts: 1993 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool finds guys!

*I Tried To Resist
Though With No Luck
Came Home With A Blu-Ray
HOWARD THE DUCK!!!

Mo money mo problems I guess!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you lose a bet kevdug? [Wink]
although the Lea Thompson scene on the bed is very nice

Posts: 1993 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Ha ha...funny enough...I've never even seen the movie...and I already had a copy on DVD. I've reached that point in my collection that it is rare to find an 80's movie in stores I don't already have on DVD, so have moved on to primarily Blu-ray purchases...again, 80's only. Also rarely find 80's blu-rays in the stores as well, so...there it was...Howard The Duck....an 80's movie on Blu-ray. Even walked by it a few times...tried some self talk....but came home with the darn thing. *Don't regret it for a second!! [Confused] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys and gals, this thread appears to be about movies of all decades now. Unless there's any objections, I'm going to move it to the Social Club board.

If it stays here, it'll need to remain 80s focussed...

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
After hours is good fun Terd and i personally really enjoyed it but it's a difficult one to recommend as I can't see the dark comedy and situations it features being to absolutely everyone's taste!

But yeah I'd say give it a go,I really dug it as I think did most people on these boards!

I know Howard The Duck takes quite a bashing on here but when I watched it a while back I must admit to quite enjoying it as did my 8 year old son at the time who was laughing his head off at it!

-

I really don't think it's that bad and if you compare it to other family film flops of the time like Leonard Part 6 then by comparison it's masterpiece!

OK that's not a very good comparison as Leonard Part 6 probably would make any other movie look like a work of art [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
so...there it was...Howard The Duck....an 80's movie on Blu-ray. Even walked by it a few times...tried some self talk....but came home with the darn thing. *Don't regret it for a second!! [Confused] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

Kevdug if you ever see a blu ray of Leonard Part 6 up on the shelfs just keep walking on by,don't stop,don't even think just do the right thing and keep on walking that's if you care for your sanity!

[ 19. March 2016, 03:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
Guys and gals, this thread appears to be about movies of all decades now. Unless there's any objections, I'm going to move it to the Social Club board.

If it stays here, it'll need to remain 80s focussed...

Paul...are you able to change the title of this thread to "Last 80's Movie You Purchased"? The other threads note the decade in the title....this one say "Last Movie You Purchased" I don't think there's one in the 70's forum either...which I can start one! *I'd prefer this thread stay put...and am fine with only listing my 80's gems! Of course...I only buy 80's movies...so may be easier for me!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Warrior...I could very well struggle with leaving Leonard 6 on the shelf! The collector gene in me "makes" me buy any movie from the 80's...good or bad...it's a sickness!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

I have a suggestion on these 1 star movies like H Duck and Leonard Part 6(Ill take your word for it Warrior on Leonard part 6 being bad, I have seen it but it was forever ago and remember nothing about it) . I would ask the store how long it has been in stock and when they notice it has been in their store for 10 years maybe they will just give it to you. [Big Grin]

I know what you mean kevdug, about buying a movie good or bad just cause its 80s. I am the same way only its VHS. I blame it on my fellow Rewinders.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've decided to move it, because it's full of loads of decades anyway.

Kevdug73, I'll close the one you created in the 70s board, may as well keep it all here.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
All good. Thanks Paul! Though...seeing that lock on my post....kinda feels like...feels like....the Scarlet Letter!! [Eek!] [Frown] Just kidding...but I feel like the rebel of the Rewinders now....may even change my user name....something more gritty....Beast? Crusher?
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
All good. Thanks Paul! Though...seeing that lock on my post....kinda feels like...feels like....the Scarlet Letter!! [Eek!] [Frown] Just kidding...but I feel like the rebel of the Rewinders now....may even change my user name....something more gritty....Beast? Crusher?

Kitten? [Smile]
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Not exactly what I was aiming for...but...I'LL TAKE IT!! Hear me roar...er...meow!!
  This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home