iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
 -

Joey Covington, drummer of legendary psychedelic rockgroup Jefferson Airplane in the period '69 - '72,
died in a car-accident last tuesday, possibly after suffering a stroke behind the wheel. He was 67.

JohnnyRoarke:

For what it's worth, one of Joey's early girlfriends was Kay Rebecca Taylor. Kay was living in the San Francisco Bay Area at the time.

After they split up, Kay later became adult movie actress, Kay Parker. [Cool]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven,

i'm always very interested in just about anything that has to do with 'golden age' adult cinema.

I didn't know Joey and Kay were involved at some point. Thanks for this bit of interesting trivia !

Posts: 2186 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

British comedian / actor / producer / director Mel Smith passed away at age 60 after suffering a heart-attack.

Posts: 2186 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Roarke. isn't that the guy from European Vacation. He checked the Grizzles in at the hotel?
Posts: 2006 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
That's him.. you are absolutely correct !

You may also know him from The Princess Bride : www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBaDcOBoHFk

and the sci-fi spoof Morons From Outer Space : www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hJQbJbHbs

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Character-actor Dennis Farina passed away today after suffering a blood clot in his lung.

Farina started acting in the early 80's after having been a Chicago police officer for nearly 20 years.
He had a recurring role in Michael Mann's TV hit series Miami Vice, and played the lead in Crime Story.
Further movie credits include Manhunter (again for Michael Mann), Midnight Run, Get Shorty, and Saving Private Ryan.

Dennis Farina was 69.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Dennis farina he was great,I also liked Mel smith,we're losing some really great talents as of late. Not good!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On January 20th, Tangerine Dream founder Edgar Froese suddenly and unexpectedly passed away from the effects of a pulmonary embolism. He was 70.

I love most of the TD´s late 70s and 80s soundtrack albums and also their studio albums are fantastic. Although i have to say that Goblin´s Club (1996) is the last one i´ve heard.
Anyway, this is very sad news indeed.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Steven Harrington, also known as Steve Strange, lead singer and frontman of synth-pop band Visage
(best known for hitsingle Fade To Grey), suffered a heart attack on february 12th. He was 55.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Lesley Gore, singer / songwriter best known for 60's hitsingles It's My Party (And I'll Cry If I Want To)
and You Don't Own Me passed away on february 16th at the age of 68.

Gore also received an Oscar nomination for the song Out Here On My Own from the movie Fame in 1980.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Leonard Nimoy (1931 - 2015)

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sir Terry Pratchett (1948 – 2015)

-

One of my all-time favourite authors. He has left behind a wonderful legacy, and will always be remembered.

RIP.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Luciano Ercoli (1929 - 2015)

Italian filmmaker whose directorial credits include Forbidden Photos Of A Lady Above Suspicion (1970),
Death Walks On High Heels (1971), and Death Walks At Midnight (1972).

He passed away earlier this month at the age of 85.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if had been mentioned already that Elizabeth Pena passed away last October of alcoholic liver disease, which was a total surprise to everyone I know. I just watched Lone Star starring Chris Cooper and Elizabeth, and I remembered she had passed away recently.
Posts: 2298 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maniac Cop dead, R.I.P. Robert Z´Dar.

http://www.pnj.com/story/entertainment/events/pensacon/2015/03/31/cult-actor-robert-zdar-dies-pensacola/70745990/

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Aww.. [Frown]

Easily one of the most recognizable faces in movie history.. no denying in that !

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Robert Burns, one of the original members of southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd, died in a car crash on april 3rd.

Burns was the drummer on such hits as Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird, but left the band in 1974. He was 64.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Maniac Cop dead, R.I.P. Robert Z´Dar.

http://www.pnj.com/story/entertainment/events/pensacon/2015/03/31/cult-actor-robert-zdar-dies-pensacola/70745990/

I thought that he might have died from injecting too much steroids into his chin [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
James Best, probably best-known as sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane in TV series The Dukes Of Hazzard, passed away at age 88.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Excellent actor Geoffrey Lewis dies at 79. So many unforgettable roles...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/geoffrey-lewis-dead-clint-eastwood-juliette-lewis-1201467979/

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Richard Dysart, best-known for playing the lead-role in TV series L.A. Law, passed away at age 86.

Besides his work for TV, Dysart also played numerous supporting roles in major Hollywood productions,
including Meteor, The Thing, The Falcon And The Snowman, Mask, Pale Rider, and Wall Street.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Tom Towles, best known for playing Otis in Henry ; Portrait Of A Serial Killer (1986), passed away on april 5th.

He also had supporting roles in Rob Zombie's House Of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects, and Halloween.

Some reports claim he was 71, while others say he was 65.. ironically the Imdb doesn't even mention he died.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
He appeared in few interesting genre films. I remember him best from The Borrower, great movie!
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Betsy Palmer (1926-2015)

"Palmer died on May 29, 2015, of natural causes at a hospice care center in Danbury, Connecticut."

RIP.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11666316/christopher-lee-dies-live.html

Well, this friggin' stings.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home