iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slayer guitarist Jeff Hannerman died on the 3rd of May from liver failure.

He had never recovered from a spider bite that he had recieved two years earlier and contracted necrotising fasciitis or flesh-eating disease.

He was 49.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While not a big Slayer fan, this was a very sad news.
I have some kind of arachnophobia and thinking that you can get
that horrible disease from them makes it even worse.
Luckily we don´t have dangerous ones in nature here in Finland.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speak for yourself [Frown]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Legendary special-effects creator and master of stop-motion effects Ray Harryhausen passed away
yesterday at the respectable age of 92.

Posts: 2182 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

British actor / writer / director Bryan Forbes passed away yesterday at age 86.

Forbes had supporting roles in Quatermass 2 (1957), The League Of Gentlemen (1960), and The Guns Of Navarone (1961),
was a succesful screenwriter, and directed Seance On A Wet Afternoon (1964), The Raging Moon (1971),
and The Stepford Wives (1975).

-

Posts: 2182 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Bryan.
I like The Stepford Wives very much.
I think that i´m gonna check out his ´84 movie The Naked Face tonight.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Naked Face is dreadful, even by the low standards of Cannon Films.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Fred J. Lincoln (1936 - 2013)

Director of hundreds of X-rated features from the late 70's to well into the new millenium,
but probably best known for his sole acting job outside of adult cinema : as violent psychopath Fred Podowski
a.k.a. Weasel from Wes Craven's Last House On The Left !

Two of Lincoln's early directorial features, Serena ; An Adult Fairytale (1980) and Same Time Every Year (1981),
were released on dvd in the US a couple of months ago by Synapse Films' subdivision Impulse Pictures.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Unforgettable role!
It seems that he also had a small part in Defiance (1980).
Don´t remember him though, must´ve been a very small role.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May be he was in the background holding the beers for Jan Michael vincent [Big Grin]
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, i noticed that too that he has been given an acting credit for Defiance (1980) on the Imdb.
However, i must admit i have some doubts he was actually in that movie. I think they might have made an error
and mixed up Defiance (1980) with The Defiance Of Good (1975) a.k.a. 'Defiance!',
a fairly well-known adult feature in which he starred.

I'm not really 100% sure though.

Here's the 1975 Defiance :

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely made for a convincing bunch of psychopaths in the original,i'm not really into remakes but i will watch them more out of curiosity than anything else but I did watch the remake of last house at the cinema when it first came out and as remakes go i didn't think it was to bad.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hey, i´ve seen the Defiance ´75 poster somewhere!

I liked The Last House remake too but original was slightly better.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Ray Manzarek, founding member of classic rockgroup The Doors passed away yesterday at the age of 74.

-

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're kidding!

Oh man, so so sad. Ray was an absolute legend.

His keyboard skills were second to none.

So sad to hear of this, but he lived what many of

us could only imagine.

I thought Ray would live forever.

One of the greatest rock n' rollers ever and one

of the best story tellers too.

Still can't believe it.

Love you Ray.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

B-action film actor Bruce Baron died April 13, 2013.
I remember him best from great films like Dragon Force and Atlantis Interceptors.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Joey Covington, drummer of legendary psychedelic rockgroup Jefferson Airplane in the period '69 - '72,
died in a car-accident last tuesday, possibly after suffering a stroke behind the wheel. He was 67.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Francoise Blanchard, best known for playing 'the living dead girl' in Jean Rollin's The Living Dead Girl (1982),
passed away on may 29th, one week before her 59th birthday.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

James Gandolfini passed away yesterday after suffering a heart-attack while on vacation in Italy.

After playing supporting roles since the early 90's in such movies as True Romance, Get Shorty and 8mm,
Gandolfini reached major success and received critical acclaim for playing the lead in HBO tv series The Sopranos.

James Gandolfini was only 51 years old when he died.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya this was such horrible news. In my book, Sopranos is the best series of all time. It was just so perfect and he made the show. He was too good. He became Tony Soprano and that hurt his career. Nobody could look at him and not think of him as anything else. It is one of the best acting performances I've witnessed. Really a sad sad day for me.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Richard Matheson, famous author of science-fiction, horror and fantasy novels, passed away yesterday at the age of 87.
Matheson also wrote dozens of screenplays, including The Raven, The Devil Rides Out, Duel, The Legend Of Hell House,
Dead Of Night, and several classic episodes of The Twilight Zone.
His novel I Am Legend (1954) was the source for three movie adaptations : The Last Man On Earth (1964),
The Omega Man (1971) starring Charlton Heston, and more recently the big-budget I Am Legend (2007) starring Will Smith.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Aww [Frown]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Chia-Liang Liu, one of the most productive kung-fu filmmakers, passed away yesterday after losing his battle against cancer.
Some sources claim he was 76, while others say he was 78.

Maybe his name doesn't immediately ring a bell with everyone, but growing up at the height of videostores popularity
in the mid-80's, it was impossible not to come across some of his movies.
He was the director of such martial-arts classics as The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin, Return To The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin,
Disciples Of The 36th Chamber, The Eight-Diagram Pole Fighter, Executioners From Shaolin, and Legendary Weapons Of Kung-Fu.
Together with legendary filmmaker Chang Cheh, he was one of the driving forces behind the Shaw Brothers production company.
He was also a fight-choreographer, stuntman, and actor.

I found this clip of the Annual Hong Kong Film Awards from 2010 where he was awarded with a Lifetime Achievement Award.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AiK9PCvDCw

[ 26. June 2013, 05:06: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home