iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On friday the 10th of august, renowned special effects maestro Carlo Rambaldi passed away at the age of 86.
His work includes Dario Argento's Profondo Rosso, King Kong ('76), Close Encounters of the Third Kind,
David Lynch's Dune, but his most famous creation was E.T. for which he won an Oscar.

Posts: 2180 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've also lost yesterday original Wonka director Mel Stuart to cancer at 83. In a long career, Stuart showed a wide range of talent, with several well-received documentaries to his credit as well, but it is the 1971 film (suggested to him by his daughter, who loved the book and appears in a cameo, as does his son) that remains his magnum opus; I would highly recommend his behind the scenes book Pure Imagination, which goes into every detail of production.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Richard Lynch, best known to most of us as the villain in many, many 80's movies, was found dead
on june 19th. He was 72.

[ 04. January 2013, 06:44: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Posts: 2180 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Ron Palillo (aka Horshack) [Frown]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shocking news!

Tony Scott dead

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I saw it on the news here when i woke up this morning.

It's indeed a sad ending to a great career. [Frown]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not movie related, however, RIP Neil Armstrong. Even though you have gone, every person in the world, from July 1969 onwards, will know your name.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

37 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Yes RIP Neil Armstrong.
| Site Updates: 37 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And also Muppeteer Jerry Nelson, who brought such characters as the Count, Gobo, Floyd Pepper, and Emmett Otter to life over the years.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Michael Clarke Duncan (1957 - 2012)

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad about Michael Clarke Duncan. I had read about him being hospitalized last month and I was hoping he'd pull through. I really liked him on the Fox tv show The Finder which aired this past season, but was not renewed. He was like the voice of reason to Geoff Stultz's character's kookiness. RIP.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6'5" and 315lb. The coffin must be cast iron.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andy Williams has today passed away after a career spanning 6 decades and more.

Penning the song Moon River, which Chevy Chase sung so meaningfully in Fletch, Williams died at his home after a long battle with bladder cancer. He was 84.

RIP Andy, you will be missed.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Note to all : No jokes on this thread please.

Any posts saying someone has died when they haven't will be immediately deleted, and the poster will be warned.

Thanks.

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Pink Panther actor Herbert Lom has passed away, aged 95.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19745910

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No room for humour? This place is getting ultra rigid.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Not on this thread. So leave it, please. There are plenty of other threads where humour is appropriate. Not on an 'In Memoriam' thread.

I really shouldn't need to be explaining why.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very bizarre and sad. Johnny Lewis, who played Half Sack on Sons of Anarchy has died.
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni37173373/

Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Also RIP Andy Williams. One of my Mother's favorite singers ever. I remember watching his Christmas specials every year. What a wonderful voice he had.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
Not on this thread. So leave it, please. There are plenty of other threads where humour is appropriate. Not on an 'In Memoriam' thread.

I really shouldn't need to be explaining why.

Cool Paul. I thought it was funny at the time and believed it would get a few laughs but I guess your right. Accept my apologies [Smile]

[ 27. September 2012, 20:42: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I know this happened a few years back but I only just found out about it recently. Brad Delp of Boston committed suicide in 2007.

How could someone who wrote such a beautiful song end up like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QK8RxCAwo

It always bugged the hell out of me that this Australian band completely ripped off the main groove to the song too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QK8RxCAwo

My brother absolutely hates the below song too.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Last june, actress Susan Tyrrell died at the age of 67.

She starred in Forbidden Zone, Night Warning, Angel, Avenging Angel, Flesh + Blood and Cry Baby.
Earlier in her career she was nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actress in Fat City (1972),
and also appeared in numerous 70's tv-series such as Baretta, Starsky & Hutch and Kojak.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Joe Lewis,

kickboxing- and karate champion passed away on august 31 after losing his battle against cancer.

Joe was the star of the highly entertaining 1979 action flick Jaguar Lives.
The movie also featured Christopher Lee, Donald Pleasence, Barbara Bach and Woody Strode.

In 2010 Jaguar Lives got the special edition treatment courtesy of Arrow Films UK.
Joe was very enthusiastic talking about the movie and his career in an interview segment
featured on the disc and seemed to be in good shape.

Joe Lewis was 68 years old.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sylvia Kristel died last week. She´s a legend, RIP.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yes, very sad news indeed.

This was big news here in Holland last week.

She was still very famous here.. not only as an actress, but also as a writer and painter.

-

Sylvia Kristel was fighting cancer which had returned earlier this year after succesful battling
the disease in 2003.
Last june she suffered a cerebral haemorrhage which caused her chemo-therapy to be put on hold.

Sylvia Kristel passed away late at night on october 17th at age 60.

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home