iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 46)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember some one trying to convince me that steven segal and katey segal are brother and sister
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then how come Steven did not snap Peggy's neck? huh? Answer me that my good package friend!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe she's a tough nut to crack. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah hah, Johnny's up in Amsterdam or Rotterdam or wherever the heel he's from! I think Al would agree that she's a tough nut! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

PAST MIDNIGHT (1991)

This somewhat erotic mystery thriller starring Rutger Hauer and Natasha Richardson is fun, but not great. Clancy Brown is always good and what happens to him is pretty wild. Quentin Tarantino allegedly re-wrote some of the script and is an associate producer. The setting of Washington state is beautiful and it's always raining. I first saw this on VHS back in 92? I always remembered it and was glad to see it again. 7/10 just for setting, actors, and time period.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds cool, Spreadking!
Never seen it but now i want it [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting Even With Dad. ted Danson and Macauley Culkin.

Why, oh why, oh why, did directors ever cast Ted Danson in movies?

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fast Money (1996)

"Butler is an experienced car thief, McCoy a struggling reporter trying to nail a bad guy-senator.
Meeting for the first time when they're both in dire need of air transportation,
they team up long enough for Butler to steal a car with a very special piece of luggage in the trunk,
and all hell breaks loose. Suddenly they're chased by both sides of the law,
and who can tell which is which?" (IMDb)

This was a decent action film written and directed by Alex Wright.
Starring Yancy Butler, Matt McCoy, John Ashton and Trevor Goddard.

Surprisingly violent and good action sequences and Yancy Butler sure is easy on the eyes.
McCoy was a bit too nerdy though and why do i see George "Buck" Flower in every other film i watch [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Unlawful Entry (1992)

A nice underrated thriller starring Kurt Russell, Madeleine Stowe and Ray Liotta. Also features Roger E. Mosley who played T.C. on Magnum P.I. I recommend this if you have not seen it.

-

Why did Ray Liotta's career go the direction it did? IMO he should have won an oscar for Goodfellas. His performance was one of the best I have seen.

[ 05. April 2013, 04:32: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I'd forgotten what a great soundtrack this movie had..

Placebo - Every You, Every Me

Counting Crows - Colorblind

Aimee Mann - You Could Make a Killing

Craig Armstrong and Elizabeth Fraser This Love

Blur - Coffee and TV

The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Crooked Hearts (1991)

Downfall of a family that's growing more and more dysfunctional.

Decent yet unspectacular drama with a great cast : Peter Coyote and Cindy Pickett (Ferris Bueller's mom)
as the father and mother, Vincent D'Onofrio Peter Berg and Noah Wyle as brothers, Juliette Lewis
(who gives a great performance) as their younger sister, and Jennifer Jason Leigh as one of the brother's girlfriend.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Cadence (1990)

"PFC Franklin Bean (Charlie Sheen) gets drunk and goes AWOL upon the death of his father.
As punishment, he is thrown into a stockade populated entirely by black inmates.
But instead of giving into racism, Bean joins forces with his fellow inmates
and rises up against the bigoted prison warden, MSgt. Otis McKinney (Martin Sheen)" (Wikipedia)

This was a very good military prison drama directed by Martin Sheen.
The movie is set in 1960s and is based on a novel by Gordon Weaver.
The film stars Charlie Sheen, Martin Sheen, Laurence Fishburne, Michael Beach, Harry Stewart,
John Toles-Bey, Blu Mankuma, Ramon Estevez, James Marshall and F. Murray Abraham in an uncredited role.

Great story & fantastic cast = highly recommended!

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blood Oath (1990). Bryan Brown, George Takei, Terry O'Quinn, John Bach, Toshi Shioya, John Clarke, Deborah Clarke and Russell Crowe. After the Second World War, an Australian truth-seeking military lawyer has to deal with clashing cultures, politics and bureaucracy as he prosecutes different Japanese for the mistreatment along with murder of POWs on an Indonesian island where the Japanese had established a POW camp for Australian airmen.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dating the Enemy (1996). Claudia Karvan, Guy Pearce, Lisa Hensley, Matt Day, Pippa Grandison, John Howard and Scott Lowe. A television show host and a scientific journalist have an argument one night that leads to them breaking up, only to find that the next day when they awaken they have wound up in each other's bodies.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wild Things is a very good film. I just bought the used unrated DVD at Goodwill. I had never scene the extra scenes during the credits, maybe I wasn't paying attention or they are new. A must see.

-

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mobsters (1991) starring Christian Slater, Patrick Dempsey, Richard Grieco and Costas Mandylor. This movie details the younger years of gangsters Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Siegel and Frank Costello on their rise to become hit men.

This one is pretty terrible to say the least. Today, it amazingly has a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes!

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Spreadking, i love Wild Things!
Definitely one of the most entertaining films made in the 90s.

I also own all three (probably bad) sequels on dvd [Wink]
Haven´t watched them yet though...

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Down the Drain (1990)

A very silly crime comedy directed by Robert C. Hughes (Hunter´s blood)
Starring Andrew Stevens, Teri Copley, John Matuszak, Ken Foree and always fun Sal Lopez.

Highlights: cool theme tune performed by Sherwood Ball and Playboy girl Copley goes completely nude - twice [Wink]

Finnish VHS cover art
 -

Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Down the Drain (1990)

A very silly crime comedy directed by Robert C. Hughes (Hunter´s blood)
Starring Andrew Stevens, Teri Copley, John Matuszak, Ken Foree and always fun Sal Lopez.

Highlights: cool theme tune performed by Sherwood Ball and Playboy girl Copley goes completely nude - twice [Wink]

Finnish VHS cover art
 -

Okay, Atomik, I might have to break the bad news. I've enjoyed this film for 20 years now and the Copley scenes were cool. I think it's IMDB or MrSk@n who says that it's probably a body double because they do not show the face and body at the same time it seems. I was crushed when I read that. Is Copley on Twitter? I will just ask her.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok, it might be so that she used a body double.
But those were definitely her boobs and she was in Playboy (also in 1990) so why couldn´t she go nude also in a movie?
She´s a born-again Christian now so she most probably denies everything [Smile]

Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Ok, it might be so that she used a body double.
But those were definitely her boobs and she was in Playboy (also in 1990) so why couldn´t she go nude also in a movie?
She´s a born-again Christian now so she most probably denies everything [Smile]

either case, I think we need an in-depth close up investigation.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I agree [Big Grin]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Disclosure (1994)

Always nice to see Michael Douglas in action.
It was a decent film but somehow i thought there would be more skin.
Well, maybe i need to watch Striptease next [Wink]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Maybe you can watch Basic Instinct after that. Sharon has nice skin [Big Grin]
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh, i know [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home