iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Tony Longo. I remember him from 16 Candles and 1st & 10 with Delta Burke and some other flicks.

-

Posts: 678 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
REO Speedwagon guitarist passed away Sept. 13. He was 65 and I loved watching him play the guitar.

-

Posts: 2003 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Veteran actor Robert Loggia passed away from Alzheimer's disease at the age of 85.

Great yet somewhat underrated actor, in my opinion. Sad to see him go..

Posts: 2182 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great actor,very sad news I always liked him in the John Cusack comedy - hot pursuit and also in William lustig's - relentless,like you say johnny he was some what underatted!

-

https://youtu.be/4-ohJ6oXGkI - Robert loggia family guy scene.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he was awesome at playing bad guys with an intimidating character.

-

Mr. Eddy has a temper in David Lynch's Lost Highway : www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDilD3wAxt8

Great stuff ! [Smile]

Posts: 2182 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't he Meg Ryans dad in Armed and Dangerous also?
Posts: 2003 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Correct ! [Smile]

-

He played mostly supporting roles in many, many movies we all know and love !

According to the Imdb he also directed two episodes of Magnum P.I.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loggia was a fine character actor, one of the best. He had a long career and life. RIP.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last role I remember Robert Loggia in was as Feech La Mancha in The Sopranos. He was so good in that role. He was a naturally gifted actor.
Posts: 2296 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last role I remember Robert Loggia in was as Feech La Mancha in The Sopranos. He was so good in that role. He was a naturally gifted actor.
Posts: 2296 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in Landis's Innocent Blood filmed in Pittsburgh. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Transgender actress / Andy Warhol superstar Holly Woodlawn passed away last weekend at age 69.

Woodlawn may not be a well-known name to the mainstream crowd.. but i think it's fair to assume
everybody (and i mean EVERYBODY) is familiar with this songtext :

,..Holly came from Miami F.L.A. , hitch-hiked her way across the USA , plucked her eyebrows on the way ,
shaved her legs , and then he was a she , She says "Hey babe , Take A Walk On The Wild Side" ,
said "Hey Honey, Take A Walk On The Wild Side"..'

That's about Woodlawn alright !

Movie credits include the underground classics Trash (1970) and Women In Revolt (1971), both directed by Paul Morrissey.

[ 07. December 2015, 09:16: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Lemmy Kilmister

Roadie for Jimi Hendrix, bassplayer for Hawkwind, and eventually reached superstardom as Motorhead's frontman.

Lemmy can also be seen in several Troma film productions such as Tromeo and Juliet, Terror Firmer,
Toxic Avenger IV, and not too long ago he played the role of the president in Troma's Return To Nuke 'Em High (2013).

In 2010 a feature-length documentary about Lemmy was released.

Lemmy died of cancer, only 4 days after his 70th birthday.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Didn't Lemmy play a part in Waynes World?
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
I don't think so. He did make an appearance in Airheads (1994) though.

I always assumed Death was too afraid to take someone like Lemmy [Big Grin] ..but damn, he didn't look very healthy lately.

-

Even outside of his work as a musician, he would still be remembered as a cult figure for generations to come !

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

John "Brad" Bradbury, drummer with The Specials, has died at the age of 62.

In a statement, his family said: "It is with deepest regret that we have to announce the very sad news that our much loved husband and father John 'Brad' Bradbury passed away on Monday the 28 of December.

RIP Lemmy & John Bradbury

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Guru Josh

Electronic dance music producer and DJ Paul Walden, better known as Guru Josh, passed away on december 28th.

Guru Josh is best known for the 1990 hit single Infinity. Several reports claim Walden committed suicide. He was 51.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad to hear all those musicians go. I bought Guru Josh´s Infinity lp back in the day and still have it.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yeah, there seems to be a certain risk factor involved with being a musician i guess.

Hey, i have that album too ! [Smile]

There have been a lot of Infinity remixes over the years though.

One more time for the Guru, here's the original 12" version :

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5ekabzthU

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Natalie Cole passed away December 31 at age 65.

Wayne Rogers (Trapper John from TV's M*A*S*H) also died New Year's Eve at age 82.

Posts: 4171 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Let's re-do this one :

-

Haskell Wexler

Two-time Academy Award winning cinematographer and director of one of the best movies ever made,
Medium Cool (1969), passed away on december 27th, at the age of 93. Wexler also shot such classics as
The Conversation (1972), One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (1975), Bound For Glory (1976), and Colors (1988).

In 2015 Wexler was present at the Edinburgh Film Festival and even went on the road with Neil Young.
He also did an interview for the UK blu-ray release of his masterpiece Medium Cool which was released in august.
Sure the guy looked older, but i didn't realise he was in his nineties ! He seemed fit, healthy and eager to talk.

Wexler died quietly in his sleep..

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Vilmos Zsigmond

Only a few days after the death of Haskell Wexler, yet another very influential cinematographer passed away.
Zsigmond's credits include such classics as Deliverance (1972), Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (1977),
The Deer Hunter (1978), The Rose (1979), Blow Out (1981), and The Witches Of Eastwick (1987).

Vilmos Zsigmond was 85.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would add superclassic In the Heat of the Night to Wexler´s cv.

Watched Deliverance recently and noticed Zsigmond´s magic. The same magic can also be seen in the Altman classic McCabe & Mrs. Miller
and let´s not forget that he shot Real Genius too!

True giants, RIP.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Robert Stigwood

A name that may not immediately ring a bell with everyone, Stigwood was one of the big names in the entertainment industry.
He was the guy behind succesful stage plays like Hair and Jesus Christ Superstar, but also long-time manager of The Bee Gees.

Stigwood also produced many music-themed movie adaptations such as Jesus Christ Superstar (1973), Tommy (1975),
Saturday Night Fever (1977), Grease (1978), Times Square (1980), Staying Alive (1983), and Evita (1996).

He was also founder of the RSO (Robert Stigwood Organisation) record label that signed Eric Clapton and The Bee Gees.

Robert Stigwood died on january 4th, at the age of 81.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh my, David Bowie passed away, this year starts with a shock [Frown] What a legendary artist, RIP.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3393470/David-Bowie-dies-18-month-battle-cancer.html

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home