iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » In Memoriam (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: In Memoriam
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I woke up this morning, and this was the first thing i heard.. and it left me kinda speechless really.

-

I just happened to come across this photo of The Thin White Duke, and for some reason it just felt
like the right picture to post..

Posts: 2181 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I woke up this morning, and this was the first thing i heard.. and it left me kinda speechless really."

This. I was hoping for a good day....

RIP Starman.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gutted! such a great singer and actor,loved his performance in - merry Christmas Mr Lawrence.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence and the Five Years documentary are on TV here tonight.
Posts: 2181 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74141 - that's sad news I've just read that Angus scrimm who played the tall man in the phantasm movies has passed away at the grand old age of 89.

[ 12. January 2016, 09:16: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Jeez.. people are dropping like flies lately ! [Frown]

Scrimm was a true cult movie icon, who sincerely enjoyed the recognition he got from playing in horror movies.
In every article i ever read about him or any of the movies he starred in, people say he was such a likable guy,
and i believe he has been a very welcome guest at conventions for many years.

Sad to see him go.. but we still have Phantasm Ravager to look forward to. Let's just hope it's a worthy farewell.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Margulies dies at 78, we remember him best as the mayor from Ghostbusters.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-margulies-dead-ghostbusters-actor-855089

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Alan Rickman. What a ******* week [Frown]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh boy.... legendary Hans Gruber is dead, RIP Alan.
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Easily the best - die hard villain,terrific actor,this has been a pretty bad couple of weeks for high profile celebrity deaths!
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan Rickman was one of the best British actors of all time: Hans Gruber, Snape, the Sheriff of Nottingham... So brilliant in every role, I never saw him give a bad performance. Gone but never to be forgotten. It's depressing how folks that I admired have passed on this week. [Frown]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]

RIP

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Dr. Lazarus and Rasputin as well.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I agree, bad couple weeks. Bummed to hear this news.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shocked by Bowie and Rickman. Shame shame shame. Who will chew up all the scenery now Rickman is gone?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn Frey (The Eagles) has passed on at the age of 67.
Posts: 4165 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
This is not fun at all. During the last ten years or so, i became a huge Eagles (+ solo stuff too) fan with my bro so it´s really sad to hear these news.
This january sucks!

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
I can still remember the excitement of the "Hell Freezes Over" tour. I never got to see them at Wembley stadium, but hearing them on the radio at the time made me a big Eagles fan.

-

RIP

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rainbow and Dio bassist Jimmy Bain passed away at 68. He had his demons so this was not a big surprise.
Dio´s Sacred Heart cassette was the first original recording i bought and became a huge fan.
I had many Dio posters on the wall so i saw this guy´s face quite often back in those days. RIP Jimmy.

Classic Dio line-up: Campbell, Appice, Dio, Bain, Schnell.
 -

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...crazy...many of these recent deaths were all in their late 60's....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abe Vigoda passed away at age 94 this past Tuesday.
Posts: 4165 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Icon
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Fish
Posts: 2003 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Paul Kantner from Jefferson Airplane/Starship dies at 74.
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

Maurice White, founding member of Earth Wind & Fire, passed away from the effects of Parkinson's disease. He was 74.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's certainly sad to hear of all of these great artists passing away in the past few months.
Posts: 2296 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home