iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Fast Getaway & Fast Getaway 2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fast Getaway & Fast Getaway 2
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Just found, bought and watched Fast Getaway (1991).
This highly entertaining straight-to-video movie was directed by Spiro Razatos, a former stuntman in many 80s classics.

The lighthearted film follows a group of bankrobbers who just love money and fast cars.
Starring Corey Haim, Leo Rossi, Cynthia Rothrock, Ken Lerner, Marcia Strassman and beautiful Shelli Lether.

The cast did a great job and it´s fun to watch Haim and Rossi joking and fooling around.
The middleweight Kickboxing/Weapons lady champion Rothrock looks good and shows some nasty punches and kicks.

Cool car chases, nice soundtrack and 80s hangover.
All Corey Haim fans will love it!

Here´s a fun Fast Getaway trailer with extra Haim scenes.

-

[ 21. September 2015, 00:16: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I also own the sequel, Fast Getaway 2 (1994).
The film was directed by Oley Sassone and i think that it might be even better than the original.

Corey Haim, Leo Rossi, Cynthia Rothrock and Ken Lerner are back
and very pretty Sarah Buxton (The Sure Thing, Less Than Zero) also stars.

Haim´s character is now running an insurance business with his girlfriend
but after an ex-partner frames him for a burglary things start to happen.

Once again we can see nice early 90s action, cool cars and funny jokes.

Fast Getaway 2 Rothrock in action

-

[ 21. September 2015, 00:18: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey Haim and Cynthia Rothrock... it's like a dream come true!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also love both of these Fast Getaway flicks.

The Demolition High and Demolition University Corey Haim films are also very good. I recommend them if you like the Fast Getaway films. Especially Demolition High is one of my favorites.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I would love to see those films, Spreadking.
Especially Demolition High which was directed by Jim Wynorski.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will have to peep these out again sometime as I can't seem to recall too much about them. I think I've only seen the first film once or twice maybe, and I don't recall seeing the sequel at all. I don't think it left that much of an impression on me from what little I can remember. But, a rewatch may change that, or may not. Will just have to see.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home