iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Last movie from the 90s you watched (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  53  54  55   
Author Topic: Last movie from the 90s you watched
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dazed & Confused
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Tiger aka American Rickshaw (1990)

Highly entertaining b-thriller with strong supernatural vibe. You never know what´s coming next [Cool]
Directed by Sergio Martino and starring Mitchell Gaylord, Daniel Greene, Victoria Prouty and Donald Pleasence.

What we have here is Great Miami locations, chinese witch, evil reverend, ugly statue with magical powers...
Check this out if you can!

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Brothers McMullen
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
American Tiger aka American Rickshaw (1990)

Highly entertaining b-thriller with strong supernatural vibe. You never know what´s coming next [Cool]
Directed by Sergio Martino and starring Mitchell Gaylord, Daniel Greene, Victoria Prouty and Donald Pleasence.

What we have here is Great Miami locations, chinese witch, evil reverend, ugly statue with magical powers...
Check this out if you can!

-

Ok, if I was the lead in an action movie, I would maybe think about changing my name from MITCH GAYLORD to.... well, pretty much anything else [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, his acting career didn´t go very far.
From American Anthem to this one and couple of steamy thrillers in the 90s.
Still, he´s not nearly the worst actor from that era.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Well, his acting career didn´t go very far.
From American Anthem to this one and couple of steamy thrillers in the 90s.
Still, he´s not nearly the worst actor from that era.

No, that would be the combined cast of Deadly Prey

Trailer: Deadly Prey

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
A Simple Plan, 1998:

-

This one is great too!

Good movie. Saw in the theatres when it first came out. But I remember thinking to myself, "Why does this movie remind me of Fargo?" [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This is a movie I loved when I was a kid. It's a sweet and sometimes sad movie set in the 1930's about a teenage girl who runs away from home to become a diving girl. Oh, and Michael Schoeffling (Jake Ryan) is in it too.

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basic Instinct
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star_LostBoys87
Rewind Curious
Member # 7934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Star_LostBoys87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Girl 2. I love that film!!!!! Austin O'Brian is so sweet & handsome in this movie!!
Posts: 8 | From: Buenos Aires | Registered: Apr 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Was cleaning out my closet, and throwing piles of old VHS tapes out, but stumbled upon a few golden oldies, that I haven't got on dvd yet. Man, I had totally forgotten about half of these movies. So I watched some of them this weekend and yesterday.

MATINEÉ 1993

-

I love this this movie! love the southern Florida setting, the genuine 50's feel, the classic B-movie references. And tying in the very real nuclear scare with the scare of monster B-movies is a great premise. If you haven't seen this, check it out!

TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS 1990

-

For some reason, the title on the tape said FILOFAX?? I guess that was an alternate title. But anywhooo, this movie was a lot of fun! Always liked Belushi, but was never a fan of Charles Grodin. He seems unlikable to me, no matter what role he plays. But when he is suppose to be, it fares a little better.

BRAIN DONORS 1992

-

An obvious attempt to make a modern day Marx Brothers comedy. And it is actually pretty funny. I have to admit that I found it funnier in the 90's. But it still has a lot of laughs. Great performances by John Turturro and Mel Smith!

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
And I found my old tape of Angel Town and Perfect Weapon, that was so worn out, that I really hope they will be released on DVD. Angel Town had a limited release, but is now up to 173 bucks on Amazon, due to its rarity. And Perfect Weapon I have not been able to find! Two great old, cheesy Martial Arts classics!

ANGEL TOWN 1990

-

PERFECT WEAPON 1991

-

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good stuff JAY LEE!
Matinee is great, Joe Dante always delivers.
I really need Angel Town and The Perfect Weapon dvd´s too!

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, a lot of older movies off the mainstream grid are not getting their proper respect!

Yesterday I watched these...

LOVE AND A 45 1994

-

I can't stand Rene Zellweger, but she's not too bad here. I belive this was made before Natural Born Killers, and is in the same vein. But I prefer this one. Don't know if it is out on DVD yet.

DEAD PRESIDENTS 1995

-

The Hughes brothers Vietnam/coming home/ode to blaxplitation epic! A great movie, but not without its flaws.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Dead Presidents is almost a classic IMO,
but i remember that it drags a little bit during the middle of the movie.

Never seen Love and a .45. Sounds interesting.
R1 dvd is available:

-

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Cool, I will def pick that up! You should check it out, it's well worth it!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i think that i´ll buy it.
Zellweger seems to be one of those, who pick interesting roles early in career,
but play it so safe later on that everyone loses interest.

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, I liked her way better in the early to mid 90's. Like this or Empire Records. Think she had a small role in Dazed And Confused, If I remember correctly. And speaking of D&C, Both Wiley Wiggins (Mitch Cramer) and Rory Cochrane (Slater) from that movie appears in Love And A 45. They had a whole little film fraternity thing going down there in Texas in the early to mid 90's.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Yeah, I liked her way better in the early to mid 90's. Like this or Empire Records. Think she had a small role in Dazed And Confused, If I remember correctly. And speaking of D&C, Both Wiley Wiggins (Mitch Cramer) and Rory Cochrane (Slater) from that movie appears in Love And A 45. They had a whole little film fraternity thing going down there in Texas in the early to mid 90's.

Affirmitive, Jay Lee, Renee Zellweger was in "Dazed And Confused." Depending on what you read, it was either Nesi White or the girl in the blue pick-up truck. Her role was uncredited, by the way.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday the 13th Jason Goes to Hell,not a bad effort for the time and not the worst in the series.
The only real thing wrong with it is the Jason in it does not look much good this time which is a shame because Kane Hodder was one of my favorites playing him.But overall not a bad film.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flirting (1991). Noah Taylor, Thandie Newton, Kym Wilson, Naomi Watts, Nicole Kidman, Bartholomew Rose, Felix Nobis, Josh Picker, Liri Paramore, Marc Gray, Greg Palmer, Joshua Marshall, David Wieland, Craig Black and Leslie Hill. A shy adolescent boy attending a boarding school in mid-1960s Australia falls in love with a Ugandan girl who goes to a nearby girls' school.

[ 13. May 2010, 04:11: Message edited by: LoverswithCassie ]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muriel's Wedding (1994). Toni Collette, Bill Hunter, Rachel Griffiths, Jeanie Dryman, Gennie Nevinson, Matt Day, Chris Haywood and Daniel Lapine. A fat, awkward, ugly woman who listens to ABBA and is obssessed with weddings, dreams of meeting her ideal husband. When she leaves her dysfunctional family not to mention home town to head with a high school friend to Sydney, then she believes that she will be able to fulfil her desire there.
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candyman. 1992. Creepy, scary, gory and with the incredibly sexy Virginia Madsen and Kasi Lemmons!

-

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10 Things I Hate About You

7/10

The Commitments

One of my favourite 90s movies.

8/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Dellamorte Dellamore aka Cemetery Man (1994)

- This is a funny, surreal horror comedy directed by Michele Soavi.
Starring Rupert Everett, François Hadji-Lazaro and Anna Falchi.

-

This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  53  54  55   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home