iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 60)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Caesar - It was all good but those last 20 mins or so were so exciting [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killer Nun - That was pretty funny [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Great Man (1956). Jose Ferrer, Dean Jagger, Keenan Wynn, Julie London, Joanne Gilbert and Ed Wynn. When a much beloved star is killed in a car crash, then an entertainment reporter is engaged to put together a tribute show, only to discover in the course of research that the star was in fact an utterly despicable fake. Based on the novel by Al Morgan.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prime Cut (1972)

Offbeat gangster drama starring Lee Marvin, Sissy Spacek and Gene Hackman (who steels the show
in every scene he's in).

From the dvd-sleeve : 'Michael Ritchie's breakneck direction propels the action along with
the speed of bullets. Prime Cut is prime excitement ! Punctuated with ruthless performances
by Marvin and Hackman, and featuring the in-the-flesh screen debut of Sissy Spacek, this gangster-movie
hits hard and cuts deep !'

A personal favorite of mine ! Highly recommended !!

The region 1 dvd features a spectacular looking widescreen transfer, while the the region 2 disc
is reportedly in full-screen.
Sadly no extra's on either disc.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I like that one too [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Shout - What a really odd film. I will never be the same again after that horrifying shout scene [Eek!]
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Helen_S:
[QB] Black Caesar - It was all good but those last 20 mins or so were so exciting [Big Grin]

Helen.. next up, Hell Up in Harlem ?

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love The Shout. Odd and unforgettable.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Stepford Wives (1975). Katharine Ross, Paula Prentiss, Peter Masterson, Nanette Newman, Tina Louise, Carol Rossen, William Prince and Patrick O'Neal. A photographer moves with her lawyer husband as well as their two children from New York City to the rural Connecticut town of Stepford, where she along with a new friend try to work out why the wives are so blissfully subservient to their husbands. Based on the novel by Ira Levin.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched those ITC classic tv series. The Persuaders starring Roger Moore and Tony Curtis as playboy detectives having a bit of fun around Europe and Jason King starring Peter Wyngarde as the ex Interpol agent and best selling writer also doing his bit to capture the baddies.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, I definitely wanna check out the sequel Johnny [Smile]
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Food of the Gods (1976). Marjoe Gortner, Pamela Franklin, Ralph Meeker, Jon Cypher, Ida Lupino, Belinda Balaski and Tom Stovall. People fight for their lives against savage chickens, worms, wasps and rats that have grown to monstrous sizes after consuming a strange substance on an island off the west Canadian coast. Based on a portion of the novel by H.G. Wells.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Glass House - Such a great, grubby made for TV prison flick. Vic Morrow was awesome.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Sisters of Death - Started off kinda corny, but grew into a pretty decent slasher/thriller.

Oasis of Fear - Incredibly goofy, well up until the final third, giallo of sorts. The music and Ray Lovelock were hysterical.

[ 13. March 2012, 10:44: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Fight For Your Life - Messed up revenge thriller, pretty distressing at times. The ending was sweet and the grandma was fabulous [Big Grin]
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Goin' Down the Road (1970). Doug McGrath, Paul Bradley, Jayne Eastwood, Cayle Chernin and Nicole Morin. Two Nova Scotians who are friends head west in hopes of a better life only to end up experiencing bad luck instead.
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Last Tango in Paris (1973). Marlon Brando, Marie Schneider, Jean-Marie Leaud, Darling Legitmus, Catherine Sola, Mauro Marchetti and Dan Diament. An expatriate American living in Paris whose wife has recently committed suicide starts a sexual relationship with a young, engaged Frenchwoman in which neither divulge anything about themselves to one another.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Italian Job (1969)

-

Comic caper movie about a plan to steal a gold shipment from the streets of Turin by creating a traffic jam. -- IMDb

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes, I got lots of catching up to do, after being away from the boards for almost four months.

Anyway, I've seen the following 1970s and pre-1970s films recently, mostly kaiju eiga and blaxploitation:

Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975)
Hell up in Harlem (1973)
Black Belt Jones (1974)
Destroy All Monsters (1968)
The Mysterians (1957)
Batman (1966)

I'll post my individual thoughts on each movie later on. Too tired to comment on them all together right now!

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Attack of the puppet people (1958) [Big Grin]

-

skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skatetown USA. I have a bootleg dvd copy from a 16mm print. A silly cheesy movie but I was such a disco skating maniac in 78-80 I saw all three movies.....Skatetown USA, Roller Boogie and Xanadu!! LOL

-

I also posted up the dvd rip on Youtube for those interested. Check it out! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB8gxBIDKEM&list=FLwM9g6NJWXNet1CrqexJMGQ&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Skatexedge,

that's a really great upload you did on Youtube !

I've seen Xanadu and i have Rooler Boogie on dvd myself, but Skatetown USA is by far the most obscure
of the three.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Poseideon Adventure - 1972
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what did you think of the posideon remake a few years back?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much. I thought Kurt Russel holding his breath under water for 30 minutes a bit hard to buy. Does not compare to the original. Wasn't that bad though.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home