iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 45)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy Rider - dont need to go into detail everyone knows this film lol
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, I bought that recently, haven't seen it in ages.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mean Streets - Early Scorcese film starring Robert De Niro and Harvey Keitel. A young hood grows up in Little Italy in the 50s. 8/10.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brilliant film, love it more every watch [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conflict, alias Catholics (1973). Trevor Howard, Martin Sheen, Raf Vallone, Cyril Cusack, Andrew Keir, Michael Gambon and Leon Vitale. In the future, a priest is sent by the Vatican to bring about reform in a secluded monastery led by an abbot in Ireland. Based on the novel by Brian Moore.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Sisters - I forgotten how messed up and great this is [Big Grin]

-

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that there was a remake of this? It is not good,
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yep, I knew I could rely on you to tell me how it is hehe [Smile]
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Westworld (1973)

A robot malfunction creates havoc and terror for unsuspecting vacationers at a futuristic, adult-themed amusement park. -- IMDb

One of the best movies of the '70s -- as long as you can ignore the numerous plot-holes and failed logic.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Westworld is one of my favourites. The sequel Futureworld, is worth a look also. Stars Peter Fonda and Blythe Danner.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meatballs (1979)classic Bill Murray
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Grip of the strangler (1958)
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Sunset Cove (1978) yesterday, the movie was directed by b-maestro Al Adamson.
A fun T&A flick including hot girls, cool dudes, a nerd, a fat guy, stupid cop and a mayor hungry for money and fame.
Lots of wtf? moments but that´s what make them more interesting.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Season one boxset of a childhood favourite, The Six Million Dollar Man was stuffed in the letterbox today. Halfway through the first of three double length pilots (ha ha) and thirteen normal length ones for £10.49. Season two is only £5.49. That'll keep me quiet for aweek or two.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Good stuff Harry [Smile]

Just watched The Fury (1978) [Smile]

-

harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
Good little film that. Underrated and never seen on TV any more. Similar theme to Scanners.

Just watched Trading Places (1983)

A snobbish investor and a wily street con artist find their positions reversed as part of a bet by two callous millionaires. Fantastic John Landis film, very much of the 80s. Eddie Murphy, Dan Ayrkoyd, Ralph Bellamy, Don Ameche and Jamie Lee Curtis star. 9/10 for me.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, good strange flick and very Scanners-esque. Love that ending [Smile]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Fury is pretty good, i have the dvd.

Watched Tess (1979) yesterday.

It was a well made drama and a sad tale directed by Roman Polanski
and starring Nastassja Kinski, Peter Firth and Leigh Lawson.
A very long movie, about three hours, so don´t even try if you feel sleepy [Cool]

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulsroom
Rewind Curious
Member # 9842

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for paulsroom   Email paulsroom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A film that's just about to be released on Blu-ray is "Deep End", which was made right at the start of the 1970s. Since each decade follows on a little after the previous one has ended, it still had the 1960s flavour. This is a film that's long since been out of circulation and certainly deserves a re-issue - and even better in Blu-ray.
Posts: 6 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paulsroom
Rewind Curious
Member # 9842

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for paulsroom   Email paulsroom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we're going further back here to the 1960s, I feel that "The Servant" was a brilliant film. Away from his Rank "Doctor in the House" type fo films, Dirk Bogarde gave an amazing preformance as the perfect manservant who looks after his master's ery whim - also brilliantly played by James Fox, and perfect in the role. The way the roles reverse is so subtly that you can't see it until it's obvious. A master film by Joseph Losey - Hollywood's loss.
Posts: 6 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
One of my absolute fave Hammers, Vampire Circus [Big Grin]

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Mutations - Took me a little bit to warm up to but then really enjoyed the rest.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Mutations"... What a goofy film, but pretty entertaining! I just watched "Nude for Satan." I like Italian horror films very much--and I like actress Rita Calderoni just as much--but this one was incoherently nuts. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
LOL @ that title
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
You should see the movie. If you asked me to tell you what it was about, I think that I'd just have to respond, "Rita Calderoni gets nude for Satan...a lot. In a castle. With a big spider. With some other weird people. And they roll around under colored lights with smoke pots going off...a lot. Did I mention that she gets nude for Satan?"

Nuttiest giallo or something like a giallo that I've ever seen!

This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home