iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 16)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he's great. Scanners next methinks [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally watched The Warriors and enjoyed it a good deal.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
I finally watched The Warriors and enjoyed it a good deal.

Good girl [Smile]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 -

White Buffalo - Pretty good, the charging scenes are classic [Big Grin]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Taxi Driver [Big Grin]
harryfielder
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8189

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for harryfielder   Author's Homepage   Email harryfielder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya guys, New (old) boy just joined.
I'v been watching films for over 60 years and I've liked them so much that in 1966 I went into the biz to be part of them...see my siggy..
Time to look around the forum...
People call me .....
Aitch (H)

Posts: 11 | From: Herts UK | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously... you were in Star Wars, Superman, Raiders Of The Lost Ark etc. If Im not mistaken!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harryfielder
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8189

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for harryfielder   Author's Homepage   Email harryfielder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got into the biz in the UK at a busy time and worked hard. It got to be just like any other job everyday but it was a job I loved.

-

Aitch,

[ 30. August 2009, 07:40: Message edited by: harryfielder ]

Posts: 11 | From: Herts UK | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Cool...! Yeah, I guess everything becomes just another job after a while. But you must still have a lot of fun stories, I bet!
harryfielder
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8189

Rate Member
100s of them and I've got two threads going. I have a thread on the 70s forum so I should just stick to one. 70s.....Mean while...

AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON…Director John Landis…
Central Casting must have sent 200-300 people down to Piccadilly for a night shoot on this production.
None of us knew anything about the scenes we were going to be involved in so we just hung around coffee bars (Or other bars) chatting and having a night out in The West End.
About 1 o'clock in the morning the production team gathered us all together and told us the scenes they were about to do. (You ain’t gonna believe this).
A WEREWOLF is going to be running out of a cinema in Piccadilly Circus straight across Eros causing cars to crash and have people falling out of bus windows.
(I’m thinking this will do the tourist trade the world of good)
On a cue from the 1st A.D. the real police clear the roads of all late night Joe Public.
The Central Casting crowd are all given places to stand and out of the woodwork comes our buses and cars and stunt people. We’ve got permission to hold up traffic for half an hour and John Landis had multi camera crews covering every angle.
It was over as quickly as it began and as soon as the camera’s stopped rolling the wrecking crews were in there clearing the wrecked cars and sweeping the streets clean again. An hour later it was like we’d never been.
(See the film just to see this sequence)
Well done, John Landis…

Aitch,

harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mr F. From a fellow TV Lounge member.

For all our US fans Mr F has worked on the most iconic television shows and films in history.
Look here:

http://www.harryfielder.co.uk/

Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harryfielder
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8189

Rate Member
Hello Harry (good name lol) 2
I never thought that back in 1966 when I did my first day as an extra on a tv show I would still be involved in the biz in 2009.
I got to work with the master......

FRENZY…Director…Alfred Hitch****…
I am now working with the Master of filming.
Where I was born in Islington London, there was a huge warehouse type building on the corner of the Grand Union Canal in New North Road. (Very near the North Pole Pub)
It was in fact a film studio. As a kid in the forties I used to swim in the canal as it cost nothing entrance fee. (You had to watch out for the large Mocking birds floating on top of the water)
I think the studio was called Gainsborough and as a kid I remember strangely dressed people popping into the pub on the corner of New North Road and Elizabeth Avenue. (Supporting Artists of the past)
Anyway, that’s where Alfred Hitch**** made many of his films.
(I could have bumped into him while I was going swimming and he was popping in for a swift half. It’s a small world)
ONTO THE FILM…
I was now the not so proud owner of an old Bedford van and was booked by the 2nd A.D. on Frenzy to report to Covent Garden fruit market for the start of a weeks work...
There must have been fifty supporting artists working that week as market porters.
It was thirty years ago but some people still come to mind, like Big Mo Dunster who was stand/in on films for Donald Sutherland. Jimmy (the crow) Hammilton, Eddie Dillon And Bill (the body) Hemmings.
I remember the day that Donald Sutherland came down to speak to Mo about a private matter and got into one of the shots.(Everyone wants to be in a Hitch**** movie)
Mo has done well for himself and now lives in the U.S.A. looking after the Sutherland clan. Best wishes Mo, love Boysie.
Mr. Hitch**** was not very well while he was directing this film and would line up all the shots he wanted and leave the running around to his 1st A.D. (Colin Brewer, I think)
We filmed all around the market for the next week or so loading vans and unloading vans (Including my old Bedford) but I was more interested in watching the Master at work. Then near the end of the shoot in the market it happened.
The Master looked at me then at the 1st A.D. and said…
‘’Tell that man to climb up on that lorry and start unloading it’’
(‘’That man’’) he said my name, I was being directed by the great man himself.
We shot a lot of the inside of the film at Pinewood. Then some stuff with the Bedford Following a potato lorry up and down major roads and that was it.
I was sorry to see the end of the filming but it’s one film I will never forget.
If you’re looking down from that great studio in the sky Mr. Hitch**** ‘’That Man’’ will say hello when he gets there.
Aitch,

Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get Carter (1970). Michael Caine gives one of his best performances as hardened thug Jack Carter, who returns from London to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne to look into on top of avenge his brother Frank's murder. Ian Hendry, Britt Ekland, John Osborne, Tony Beckley and George Sewell all moreover appear.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get Carter is a great movie!
I like the Stallone version too although it´s a completely different take.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harryfielder
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8189

Rate Member
I LIKED THE FIRST ONE,,

Aitch,

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Watched all the apes films over the last week. It'd been a good few years since I watched a couple of them, but it just felt like yesterday once they started [Smile] My ratings:

Planet Of The Apes (1968) - 10/10
Beneath The Planet Of The Apes - 6/10
Escape From The Planet Of The Apes - 7/10
Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes - 8/10
Battle For The Planet Of The Apes - 9/10 Maybe I went a little crazy with my rating for this one but it's so much fun [Big Grin]
Planet Of The Apes (2001) - 3/10

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Death Race 2000 (1975)

- Funny and entertaining Roger Corman flick.
Racing, blood and nudity. It´s all here [Cool] [Cool]

-  -

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Godfather: Part II - 9/10

A film worthy of it's classic status.

The only version of 'Get Carter' worth watching is the original.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
The Godfather: Part II - 9/10

A film worthy of it's classic status.

The only version of 'Get Carter' worth watching is the original.

Yes, too right. I couldn't agree with you more there.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Mad Max (1979). Mel Gibson made his first appearance as Max Rockatansky, a policeman who unable to cope with the drivers as well as gangs out of control on the roads to say nothing of countrysides, hands in his badge and resigns but puts his uniform back on to seek revenge after his wife together with child are viciously murdered by a savage gang. Features as well Joanne Samuel, Hugh Keayns-Byrne, Steve Bisley, Tim Burns and Roger Ward.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Stepford Wives (1975)

- This is a good mystery thriller.
The real reason i watched this again is that i just bought
the tv-movie Revenge of the Stepford Wives (1980) VHS-tape (Starring Don Johnson etc.)
I´ll check out that one soon.

-

Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
The Stepford Wives (1975)

- This is a good mystery thriller.
The real reason i watched this again is that i just bought
the tv-movie Revenge of the Stepford Wives (1980) VHS-tape (Starring Don Johnson etc.)
I´ll check out that one soon.

-

I have seen The Stepford Wives as well. And I also recollect the conclusion, which is as sad as it is eerie.
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Stepford Wives remake has to be one of the worst on record.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I watched also the short making of The Stepford Wives
and the producer said that his first choice for the director was Brian De Palma.
I guess that it would be a totally different flick if he would have directed it [Cool]

And would there be Carrie directed by De Palma if that would have happened...

journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then we would have been treated to The Stepford Wives opening shower scene as directed by De Palma. [Big Grin]
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home