iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » anything modern horror. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: anything modern horror.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

some of these horror figures really are pretty cool!

anyone out there ever collected any of these or anything similar or come to that any other sort of horror merchandise?

what's with the for ages 18 and over recommendation on some of the packaging,seems a bit excessive to me!

i know there not suitable for young kids and that but come on, 18 years of age. really! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Recorded this of the horror channel the other night - hatchet 3.

i've watched both the previous 2,can't remember much about the second part but i do recollect liking the original.

anyone checked this one out yet?

[ 01. March 2015, 16:46: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm terrified and excited about Phantasm 5 cos that is my fave horror series.

I pretty much agree with your thoughts on As Above.

I went to see It Follows yesterday and found it rather dull. And it just felt designed for teens.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got some figures. I have The Tall Man and dwarf, a Pinhead, Corpse Bride figures and a little model of the snake scene from Elm Street 3 [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
I've got some figures. I have The Tall Man and dwarf, a Pinhead, Corpse Bride figures and a little model of the snake scene from Elm Street 3 [Smile]

-

Is the elm street 3 snake scene model identical to this one Helen as this looks really cool!

[ 03. March 2015, 06:44: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yes, that's the one [Smile]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -
red machine (2014) aka grizzly.

http://youtu.be/Lly0xAWIPTk - red machine aka grizzly trailer.

i'm a bit of a sucker for these man vs nature killer animal flicks.

here's a new upcoming one featuring a killer grizzly bear which was originally titled red machine but has now been renamed grizzly in north america.

-
Thomas Jane.

it's got a pretty decent cast including billy bob thorton,thomas jane,scott glenn,james marsden and not forgetting bart the bear.

shot on a budget of $10 million and directed by saw 5 director david hackl i reckon it looks pretty good fun!

it's scheduled for a us release in may 2015,not sure about here in the u.k but i'll probably give it a try when it does eventually reach these shores!

-
bart the bear.

[ 08. March 2015, 05:01: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

got a couple more rentals yesterday morning,not had chance to check them out yet,one of them is the 2013 horror oculus,the other was a non horror and that is brick mansions starring the late paul walker.

look forward to checking - oculus out (as i do brick mansions).

[ 10. March 2015, 10:39: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -
demonic (2015).

produced by james wan the director of insidious,saw and the conjuring comes this horror about a police officer and a psychologist investigating the death of five people after holding a seance.

stars frank grillo who was pretty cool as the lead in - the purge - anarchy and the very pretty maria bello (assault on precinct 13 remake).

not sure when this is set for release but it seems none to bad!

-

http://youtu.be/QERakFZvhFU - demonic trailer

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another two good ones that will leave you with a very uncomfortable, downright nasty feeling :

-  -

You have been warned ! [Cool]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
LOVE Martyrs! Didn't like Eden Lake.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I love how with Martyrs it feels like you've switched discs in the middle or something haha. The film is so brutal but reaaally emotional too. I cried both times [Frown]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

i just watched this on the uk more movies channel and no matter how hard i tried I just couldn't stick it out.

I watched just over the 30 minute mark and it was the first murder that killed it (so to speak) for me,it was so ridiculous.

A Teenage Boy is casually walking along the road just to be run over by a tractor and plough which has crept up on him and it's not until the tractor is basically on top of him that he actually realizes it's there.

OK the tractor in question has no engine and is meant to be possessed,controlled by some teenage devil kid (who thinks up this rubbish) but the plough which is being pulled is scraping along the road with sparks flying every where and he's still oblivious to it all.

By this time I had reached the half hour mark and that was more than enough torture for me.

The plot was about some new kid in high school who seems to possess demonic powers who Vinnie jone's daughter takes a shine to,with Christian slater lurking in the background as a priest who spy's on them from behind the bushes.

From what I watched of it I'd rate it

Entertainment value - 2/10.

Comedy value - 11/10. [Big Grin]

[ 12. March 2015, 01:52: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
LOVE Martyrs! Didn't like Eden Lake.

I thought eden lake was pretty decent,you didn't like it Helen.

If you think that's bad god knows what you'd make of the - way of the wicked.

I think it would bring you to tears!

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Conjuring (2013) the other day and loved it!
Nighttime, headphones, atmospheric supernatural horror film set in the 70s = works!
Nothing new here really if you´ve seen few of these before but everything´s done so well. Especially Lili Taylor is amazing and the kids can act too.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i liked the conjuring atomik,i purchased the blu ray,i think it's way above average for the modern horror catergory.

though i don't hold it in quite as high regard as the conjuring you might like oculus atomik,i thought that was pretty good.

it's quite well made actually!

-

i know they've done a prequel of sorts to the conjuring - annabelle (2014) but from what i gather it falls pretty far short of it's (2013) predecessor.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/VMTTgNkNPDk - youtubers grindhouse horror trailer version of spielberg's 1982 classic e.t.the extra-terrestial.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don´t watch much modern stuff but i´ll keep an eye on Oculus. I´ve also heard about the spin-off Annabelle.
They will also make a sequel titled The Conjuring: The Enfield Poltergeist set in England in the late 1970s...

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:

If so I take it you didn't "die laughing" then..

I didn't blow a funny fuse.
Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -
stag night (2008).

as modern low budget direct to home video horrors go i thought this was pretty decent overall,i purchased this on blu ray some time back on the cheap and have watched it once or twice in the past but decided to grab it of my shelf for another viewing.

-
kip pardue.

starring kip pardue,breckin meyer (freddy's dead),vinessa shaw and in a non martaial arts role scott adkins (ninja) and filmed on location in both new york and sofia,bulgaria (obviously for budget reasons) this new york set cannibal subway horror is a rather entertaining watch.

it's basically about kip pardue out on his drunken stag night with a group of friends in new york city who when getting the subway back home get into an altercation with one of 2 other female passengers onboard.

The argument gets quite heated and this leads to the group including the 2 ladies into getting off the train not only at the wrong stop but also when they are not supposed to,they force the doors while the train is temporarily stopped for a points change.

what none of them realise is not only is that section of the subway closed off to the public (no exits of any sort) but that it also infested with cannibalistic killers!

even though stag night is not with out its faults,i thought there was a bit too much of the shaky cam at times - mostly during the attack scenes,i'd say overall in general there's very little to complain about here.

-
scott adkins.

of the positives i thought the gore effects were rather well done for what was obviously shot on a relatively low budget and the music score was really cool and had a real retro feel to it,the cast were also very likeable.

the music score as couple of reviewers on another site pointed out and i agree with does have a bit of the john carpenter's about it!

-

https://youtu.be/BXtIa3jFuQ0 - stag night (2008) trailer.

This has received some pretty stinky reviews over the time but I've got to say I really did rather enjoy it and when compared to some of the other low budget modern horror ficks I've seen of late - camp dread,the way of the wicked etc. It is far superior.

i'd give it a 7.5/10 and for fans of low budget modern horror I feel you could do a lot,lot worse than this!

[ 15. March 2015, 04:38: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

good to see robert englund back on the screen again,not sure what this new horror - fear clinic from the director of the gory 2009 slasher - laid to rest - robert hall is like.

it star's robert englund alongside brad dourif's daughter fiona (curse of chucky) and i'm not familiar with the band but i believe i read that corey parker who also stars is a member of the metal band slipknot.

i did see robert englund in a low budget british shot horror - the last showing about 6 months back and that was pretty entertaining all things considered.

https://youtu.be/i699QdmhtKA - fear clinic trailer.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really sure about those, Warrior.. but here's another one i liked :

-

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i've seen - the woman johnny,i really liked that also.

-

johnny have you seen - may by lucky mckee,i have the dvd,it's a really good movie,it's got angela bettis from - the toolbox murders remake (a pretty underated tobe hooper horror) and jeremy sisto the guy who plays the baddy in the film adaption of dean r koontz - hideaway if you've ever seen it.

if you've not seen - may i reckon you'd really like it!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Yes, May is in my collection too, as well as The Toolbox Murders remake. It's been a while since i've seen May though.

I have yet to see Lucky McKee's All Cheerleaders Die (2013).. i wonder if it's as good as his other horrors.

-

Has anyone seen it ?

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
https://youtu.be/VMTTgNkNPDk - youtubers grindhouse horror trailer version of spielberg's 1982 classic e.t.the extra-terrestial.

Remarkable what a bit of editing and added soundscapes can do to a movie ! [Smile]
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home