iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » New Bond Girl Olga Kurylenko (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: New Bond Girl Olga Kurylenko
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have been doing that for a long time. The woman that played the mother in Gone with the wind to Scarlett was only 3 years older than her in real life.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you would be the expert on that.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seen the new Bond flick this past week...I liked it. I haven't seen many, but think I might start to funnel through a few...i start with some of your earlier suggestions. A question......I know there are 22 or so Bond movies....are each of them based on one of Flemming's books, or did they simply run with the character? How many Bond books did he write?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
Im just p!ssed at the double standard. They get these young, beautiful girls to be in these movies so the guys have something nice to look at, and what do we women in the audience get? Some craggy looking leather-faced guy!

I rented 88 MINUTES (a terrible movie, by the way) the other night cuz my husband loves Al Pacino. Even my HUSBAND had to say it was ridiculous that they had all these 25 year old women (who were built like brick houses, by the way) fawning over Al Pacino whose starting to look like my Father!

How can you say we're shallow for judging the actor by his looks? Why do you think they picked that actress to be in this film? I dont KNOW her but I'm sure she ain't no Dame Judi Dench!

So....we should hire actors for their acting chops and actresses for how good they look in a bikini? Bullocks!

Whats next? A remake of WHEN HARRY MET SALLY with Robert DeNiro and Jessica Alba?????

mama,

You really crack me up! I love ya... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am aware that Daniel Craig apparently DOES have women who find him attractive. I just started this whole ball of fury by saying I, for one, did not find him attractive at all (I think MOTLEY thinks ISIS said it first, but if you go back you'll see it was me). I think up until him the Bonds have always been pretty good looking guys. Pierce Brosnon has never really floated my boat but he's an attractive man, I'll give him that. So maybe I expected somebody like him this time around? I don't know. For every woman whos ays they DONT find the new guy attractive Im sure you'll find a woman who DOES.

Now Hugh Jackman! Theres a face I'd pay to see!

Maybe Im just not patial to blondes.

mam,

You know, Hugh has a new movie coming out called Australia...

Here's the poster:

-

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, Nicole looks dodgy!! She's pushin on a little, but that picture does nothing for her at all..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I looked at that picture I didnt even realize that was him...all I saw was Nicole Kidman. Im not exactly a fan of hers. I think the only movie I liked her in was TO DIE FOR.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
when I looked at that picture I didnt even realize that was him...all I saw was Nicole Kidman. Im not exactly a fan of hers. I think the only movie I liked her in was TO DIE FOR.

Really??? What about The Others?? Spooky as hell..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, bored me.

Hey, I was talking about Daniel Craig on IMDB and someone on there showed me this lovely picture of him from when he was in LABRYNTH:

http://www.rattlebeak.com/images/content/captures/knockers004.jpg

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Nah, bored me.

Hey, I was talking about Daniel Craig on IMDB and someone on there showed me this lovely picture of him from when he was in LABRYNTH:

http://www.rattlebeak.com/images/content/captures/knockers004.jpg

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'm gonna get fired, stop doing that to me!!

EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can stare at in that photo is how Nicole's neck has been photoshopped. Yucky job.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
All I can stare at in that photo is how Nicole's neck has been photoshopped. Yucky job.

Whatcha think of Nicole El?? Like her stuff??
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not really seen enough to say.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by EleanorJune:
Have not really seen enough to say.

I like her in Dead Calm, Days of Thunder, To Die For, The Others, and Cold Mountain..
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never liked Nicole Kidman in anything...I think she is highly over rated. I never thought she was good looking either. She looks aneroxic in that picture.

Hugh Jackman's fingernails look gross and disgusting in that picture. They should have photoshopped them.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the role required him to be dirty looking. Talk about someone obsessed with minute details...... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455824/

Here is the imdb page for the movie. He plays a cattlehand, for goodness sakes! Good lord,if everyone isn't completely perfect in a picture, then she is not happy. I thought this thread was about Bond pictures anyway?
I am not exactly a fan of Nicole's either, but I do like The Others. Anyone who was married to Tom Cruise for that long has to be loonie.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked The Others and I thought Cold Mountain was brilliant....I could care less what she looks like.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455824/

Here is the imdb page for the movie. He plays a cattlehand, for goodness sakes! Good lord,if everyone isn't completely perfect in a picture, then she is not happy. I thought this thread was about Bond pictures anyway?
I am not exactly a fan of Nicole's either, but I do like The Others. Anyone who was married to Tom Cruise for that long has to be loonie.

LOL LOL!!

I liked The Others, too. I thought it was pretty good.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
I liked The Others and I thought Cold Mountain was brilliant....I could care less what she looks like.

Wow, 80'sRocked.. Those are exact my two favourite movies starring Nicole Kidman. Cold Mountain was indeed brilliant.

I also very much liked Dead Calm. But that was due to the magnificent performance of Billy Zane in that movie.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
ISIS, you are the only woman I know who looks at Hugh Jackman and sees...fingernails!

I dont even see his hands in that picture. Am I losing it?????

And, yeah, I'm certain he's playing a rough boy. Mama likey! But thats the appeal of Hugh Jackman for me...he looks good gritty and he looks good cleaned up. And some guys have a nice face and a not so hot body or vice versa but he has BOTH!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
It is true...I do have a "thing" about men's hands....so I do notice them in everything. I can't stand dirty fingernails, or long fingernails on men...but I can't stand short fingernails on women either. I don't like men with girlie hands, they have to have big strong hands, or I am totally turned off by their hands. It is one of the first things I ever notice about a person. I understand the role he played required him to be grubby, and that I am being nit picky...but that honestly is what I noticed immediately in that picture. Oh well.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Oh...I see his hand now...its near her head. HAHAHAHA! Honestly, I could not see his hand before. It was like WHERES WALDO?! It was riving me crazy!

Oh you would hate my hands/nails...Im a biter.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I never liked Nicole Kidman in anything...I think she is highly over rated. I never thought she was good looking either. She looks aneroxic in that picture.

Hugh Jackman's fingernails look gross and disgusting in that picture. They should have photoshopped them.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
I've always like Nicole Kidman. This is definitely NOT a flattering picture of her. Hey, we all age (she's 41) but she still looks good to me. I've always like Hugh in all of his movies as well. He may be "hunky" and all, but, I have a better beard! heheee... [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home