iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Upcoming Concerts (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Upcoming Concerts
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Deep Purple were unbelievable. The Gods of Hard Rock seem to get better every time I see them.

Highlights: Highway Star, Fireball, Strange Kind of Woman, Space Truckin'.

The Bad...

Ronnie James Dio has been hospitalised. Nobody is aware of the exact problem, but his entire European tour has had to be cancelled. [Frown] I'm pretty deflated at the moment, but hopefully Ronnie will recover and make his way over here next year.

Get well soon Ronnie.  -

The Good...

Muse have announced a Stadium tour for next year. [Cool]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just ordered my tickets to see Muse at Wembley Stadium on Friday 10th September. [Eek!]

I can't wait..even though I'm going to have too.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought my concert tickets for the Carnage Tour in February.... Megadeth, Slayer, & Testament! Are you kidding me?!?!? All together in one night. I am predicting blood, sweat, and possibly some tears at this one....
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:

The Bad...

Ronnie James Dio has been hospitalised. Nobody is aware of the exact problem, but his entire European tour has had to be cancelled. [Frown] I'm pretty deflated at the moment, but hopefully Ronnie will recover and make his way over here next year.

Get well soon Ronnie.  -

I was going to see Dio next month in Oulu, Finland
but i also heard the bad news last thursday...

Posts: 7055 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too bad he does put on a great show hopefully he will recover fast ? i saw him here 2 years ago and he still rocks!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
I'm off to see 'The Answer' tonight. Very highly rated Irish band that supported AC/DC on their tour of the US.

Demon Eyes

Walkin' Mat

Comfort Zone

Influences: Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Deep Purple.

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw THE ANSWER open for ACDC this year. Very very good. Sounds like a cross between ACDC and LED ZEPPELIN.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Based on the initial announcements, I may pass on Download this year and go here instead...

http://uk.sonispherefestivals.com/line-up/

Nomsisphere [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
The Answer were awesome. They really are a mixture of AC/DC and Led Zeppelin; the lead singer even resembles Robert Plant. It won't be too long before they are playing to much bigger crowds.

Setlist:

1. Tonight
2. Demon Eyes
3. Come Follow
4. Walkin' Mat
5. Cry Out
6. Never Too Late
7. Too Far Gone
8. Why'd You Change Your Mind
9. On And On
10. Evil Man
11. Comfort Zone
12. Dead Of The Night
13. Under the Sky
14. Highwater Or Hell
15. Preachin'

Highlights: Walkin Mat', Evil Man, Comfort Zone, Dead of the Night.

I never got the chance to see them at the O2 earlier in the year, so this is a very welcome suprise:

-

[Cool]

[ 11. December 2009, 06:59: Message edited by: J2ME ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Great concert. So great that I actually forgot to post about it. :/

Highlights: In Your Room, Walking in My Shoes, Enjoy The Silence, Personal Jesus.

Personal Jesus

Walking In My Shoes

Enjoy The Silence

up-to-date:

Pearl Jam @ Hard Rock Calling (Hyde Park) on 25th June

Muse @ Wembley Stadium on Sept 10th

[ 21. December 2009, 12:36: Message edited by: J2ME ]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got my tickets for Skid Row, Firehouse, and Winger concerts! Should be a hell of a summer tour for me....

Oh, got some tickets to see Hammerfall too!

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds good 80s!

Gamma Ray and Freedom Call march 30th Club Teatria, Oulu, Finland.
Guess who´s going [Cool] [Cool]

-  -

Posts: 7055 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
British New Romantics Spandau Ballet will be performing at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on the 21st of April.

Also appearing will be fellow 80s musicians Tears For Fears.

I am still considering whether to go.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by LoverswithCassie:
British New Romantics Spandau Ballet will be performing at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne on the 21st of April.

Also appearing will be fellow 80s musicians Tears For Fears.

I am still considering whether to go.

Considering? Wish I was going
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Just ordered tickets to see 'Europe' at the Shepherds Bush Empire. Diamond Head are supporting, so that makes it even better.

-
 -

up-to-date:

Europe @ Shepherds Bush Empire on 20th Feb

Pearl Jam @ Hard Rock Calling (Hyde Park) on 25th June

Muse @ Wembley Stadium on Sept 10th

[ 21. February 2010, 14:00: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've decided to attend Coachella this year which is a 3 day festival out in CA. The only day with multiple artists we wanna see is Saturday: Faith No More, Muse, Devo and Old Crow Medicine Show all in one day will be epic though. Will probably catch Them Crooked Vultures and Avett Brothers (great NC band) on Friday and maybe Gary Numan and Thom Yorke on Sunday. Please add Soundgarden to either Friday or Sunday!

http://www.coachella.com/

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just got my Angels & Airwaves tickets for May....nice!

Hammerfall coming up next Sunday....

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Diamond Head:

-

* Same setlist as London

Europe:

-

What a great night. Both bands were fantastic live.

It was my first time seeing either band, and both lived up to expectation.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Hammerfall coming up next Sunday....

-

Saw HammerFall last night in NYC and what a show it was! Amazing band from Sweden. European metal blows away most of today's music here in the states these days.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May is going to rock here. It's going to be a balst from the past as early May will bring Public Image Limited and late May will be a Killing Joke. It would have been awesome if they were touring together as they have shared a few members over the years.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
IRON MAIDEN ANNOUNCE NEW STUDIO ALBUM:
"THE FINAL FRONTIER"
AND NORTH AMERICAN TOUR WITH DREAM THEATER!

Details here:
http://ironmaiden.com/

Select shows in Canada and USA. No way I'm missing them at Madison Square Garden!

-

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy **** Maiden and Dream Theater. Smells a road trip to DC in July.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to see Maiden. However, they are coming to the Burgh on the week that we usually go on vacation. I will try to talk the hubby into post-poning, cuz they are one of the best shows I have ever seen!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Yah the Maiden experience is worth postponing vacation for as long as Sharon Osborne's not there to unplug the equipment......
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am confirming that I shall be going to the Spandau Ballet/Tears For Fears concert at the Rod Laver Arena on the 21st of April.

The ticket has been purchased and the seat is booked.

I will be posting more on here following my attendance.

I would be more than happy to take you with me, 80sRocked.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home