iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Upcoming Concerts (Page 10)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Upcoming Concerts
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Septmeber this year get to cross another of the 80's bands that I never got to see but always wanted to off the list when I go and see the massively brilliant

W.A.S.P.

N.O.M.S. [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waiting for the call that tickets are available, but hopefully I'm off to see my friends The Psychedelic Furs again when they come to London at the beginning of July!!!!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got tickets for Rush @ the 02 Arena in rainy olde London on Friday, 24 May 2013.
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
Just got tickets for Rush @ the 02 Arena in rainy olde London on Friday, 24 May 2013.

A co worker and I just talked about Rush a couple days ago wondering if they were even still together. Are the originals still together?Are they touring in the US?
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gotta go back:
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:

A co worker and I just talked about Rush a couple days ago wondering if they were even still together. Are the originals still together? Are they touring in the US?
gotta go back:

The originals aren't with Rush anymore, as bassist Jeff Jones left after they first formed and now works with Tom Cochrane not to mention Burton Cummins, while drummer John Rutsey departed after their debut album owing to health concerns over diabetes, gave up playing and died in 2008 from a heart attack related to complications from diabetes.

And they still do tour the U.S. and they have a new album Clockwork Angels expected to be released next month with a tour to follow.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working at the Blink 182 gig in Belfast on Wednesday.

Cannot effing wait!

Noms 182 [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a concert but I am booked in for a Paul Gilbert masterclass for guitar.

I am definitely taking my guitar along to get signed.

This guy has to be one of the best guitarists ever.

Two words: Absolute Freak!

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just had excellent news - I'm on the guest list to go see The Psychedelic Furs in London this Thursdsay evening! Going backstage as well afterwards, so should be a real 80s rockfest!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Sabbath - May 7 Adelaide Entertainment Centre.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're going to see Whitesnake in July. Not counting the pit, we are 5 rows back. I still don't understand how the pit and first 4 rows were sold out before 10 am. Do they give all of those seats to radio stations and friends?
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have enough money or time for concerts anymore. [Frown]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird Al Yankovic in Kansas City MISSOURI in April.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a concert, but this is where i'll be going next saturday :

-

My guestlist reservation has just been confirmed. [Cool]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a wicked party. I hope you will survive [Cool]
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah yes, gotta have ear-protection though !  -
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Saw Joe Satriani on Monday night. Pretty good. He's still amazing. There was a meet and greet afterwards and he had a photo with whoever wanted one (basically everyone) and he signed whatever you threw in front of him.

He was really nice. A very warm person. I can't stand it when you meet like an idol and they are rude (so disappointing) but Satriani made you feel as if you were his younger brother.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Nice Bernie. What did you have signed?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I didn't bring anything cos I didn't know he was gonna do that but I had a brand new guitar cleaning cloth so I had him sign that. I think it's still pretty cool.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
Saw Joe Satriani on Monday night. Pretty good. He's still amazing. There was a meet and greet afterwards and he had a photo with whoever wanted one (basically everyone) and he signed whatever you threw in front of him.

He was really nice. A very warm person. I can't stand it when you meet like an idol and they are rude (so disappointing) but Satriani made you feel as if you were his younger brother.

Satriani is one of the true greats--very underrated--and so many greats are jerks. It's always nice to hear that an idol is a good person. I felt that way when I met actress Cate Blanchett.

I'll bet Satriani was fantastic live. [Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Fantastic live! I dunno how he gets the sounds he does out of that guitar. Yeah, I met another guitar virtuoso not long ago. Won't say who it was but he was kind of stand offish. It really put me off but at the same time I guess he could have been nervy being around so many people where anything could happen (benefit of the doubt anyway). Satriani though welcomed people like they were family though. He was great. You would be disappointed if Blanchett was a b....It would have been the ultimate paradox.

[ 19. April 2013, 00:10: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Not a concert, but this is where i'll be going next saturday :

-

Last night somewhere around 4 a.m., the main area of the party was shut down by the police ! [Mad]

I mean, come on.. go grab some criminals instead !

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the police raided the party johnny because they got confused and thought cemtex was actually Semtex as in the explosives [Big Grin]

[ 01. May 2013, 05:06: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Saw Black Sabbath on Tuesday night.

I didn't hold high hopes for them sounding that good, but they were unbelievable. They gave it their all. Ozzy sounded fantastic too.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Still a couple of months to go, but on the 1st of july, The Who Hits 50 tour arrives at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam.

Back in 2007, when they played in Rotterdam's Ahoy, we all assumed it might very well be the last time
they would play in Holland.. We assumed the same yet again when they played Amsterdam's Ziggo Dome in july 2013..
and here we are, it's 2015 and they're back once again ! [Smile]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Still three months to go before the tour finally arrives here in The Netherlands..
but the reviews for The Who Hits 50 concerts in London last week are outstanding..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oh5CZ1meKQ

I'm sooo looking forward to this.. i can't wait ! [Cool] [Smile]

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home