iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Upcoming Concerts (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Upcoming Concerts
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Van Halen in July. I heard it was with Roth which is good IMO. Anyone going to see them this year.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was with Hagar as the front man but I remember having this van halen track on 7" inch single and I would just repeat it again and again and again.

When it's love from 1988,such an awesome song!

https://youtu.be/OZGXRCI-JzQ - when it's love original music video.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to see The Replacements next month with my best friend. A few other friends from my college days are meeting us before the show too. Should I wear something plaid? I've never been to a Mats show.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Replacements show was cancelled in Pittsburgh, along with the Columbus, Ohio show. They didn't reschedule, bummer.
We are going to see a few bands in July at a biker rally (we are not bikers though)- Jackyl, LA Guns, and Dokken. Free shows throughout that week.

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see LA Guns.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes. LA Guns would be excellent
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some good ol Canadian 80`s bands coming to town this summerž...not giant names re: the international scene, but ones I loved growing up. Platinum Blonde, Honeymoon Suite, and Loverboy. *Platinum Blonde sings one of my all time favorite songs...It Doesn`t Really Matter.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Van Halen in July. I heard it was with Roth which is good IMO. Anyone going to see them this year.

I have been waiting forever for Van Halen (Roth) to come to Australia. They always cancel or Eddie has a meltdown or something. So annoying. I would love to see them live. I would prefer Roth but also see Hagar if it was the only option. There are some great Van Hagar tracks too.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Some good ol Canadian 80`s bands coming to town this summerž...not giant names re: the international scene, but ones I loved growing up. Platinum Blonde, Honeymoon Suite, and Loverboy. *Platinum Blonde sings one of my all time favorite songs...It Doesn`t Really Matter.

Never heard of any Platinum Blonde tunes but i know iŽd like it because iŽm a sucker for anything canadian.

I love both Loverboy and Honeymoon Suite. Have you heard the lastest Loverboy cd Unfinished Business (2014) kev? Damn good stuff!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I haven`t aTomiK...I`ll have to check it out. Check out a couple of Platinum blonde tunes....awesome 80`s memories for me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4SOnBDe7qs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgsYAtJ2wmo

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
I would prefer Roth but also see Hagar if it was the only option.

Just watching Eddie play would be enough but the perfect VH would have to be Roth.
I have not been a big concert person, only been to a few in my lifetime but the older I get, I get the urge to see these old bands.
This year is a good one here. Bands coming to Kansas City area...
RUSH
Tears for Fears
Van Halen
Huey Lewis opening for Jimmy Buffet
BulletBoys earlier this year
CHeap Trick
Rolling Stones
Weird AL Yankovic
DEf Leppard,Styx
Boston
and some band named The GRISWOLDS

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
All those shows would be great! Roth era was much better. Sammy Hagar is technically a better singer but Roth has much more charisma on stage.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tears for fears I didn't know they were still touring terdnthepoolggb,that's cool news!

The Griswold's,I wonder if it is actually them [Big Grin]

I've seen def leppard a couple of times at Wembley arena they put on really good show actually,especially the first time I saw them,the second time I saw them it sounded like Joe Elliot was having trouble with his voice,a throat infection or something but he battled on to the end.

I'll tell you someone I was really impressed with and that was Canadian rocker Bryan adams,the support act who I can't remember who they were at this time must have pulled out for some reason but Bryan Adams was up on stage for a serious amount of time,it was a definite extended set that he done without a doubt.

He was a bit like the Duracell bunny that keeps going and going and I got to say he sounded really awesome live!

That was a great concert (at Wembley again).

[ 30. May 2015, 06:55: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
All those shows would be great! Roth era was much better. Sammy Hagar is technically a better singer but Roth has much more charisma on stage.

Totally agree Bernie.

Hey Warrior, Whats the capacity at Wembley?

[ 30. May 2015, 18:04: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Wembley arena the capacity is 12,500,Wembley stadium is 90,000 and there's also the o2 arena which has the likes of Fleetwood Mac,roxette,u2,Belinda Carlisle,Madonna this year holds 20,000.

Not as big as some of your venues in the us but not a bad size!

Def leppard and whitesnake are on at Wembley arena on December 18th which i would have liked to have gone and seen but since my wife has started working nights it's more difficult to get out to these events.

Plus cost wise to drive up to London and concert tickets as well would probably set me back a small fortune but I will do it again at some point!

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

90,000. That's pretty huge IMO. In my neck of the woods, Arrowhead stadium(home of the Kansas City Chiefs) will host The Stones and holds 76,000.  -

The Sprint Center is a fairly new arena in KC and holds 19,000+. Tons of concerts are here. Similar to o2 arena in size. Another popular venue would be Cricket Wireles Amphitheatre(18,000) which is where Van Halen will be in July.

Starlight Theatre holds 8000
 -

[ 31. May 2015, 07:50: Message edited by: TerdNthePoolGGB ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
That stadium looks friggin' awesome!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

YOUNG WARRIOR. in response to your post that has disappeared regarding Kansas.
It is often thought that Kansas City is Kansas but there are 2 KC's. KC Missouri and KC Kansas. They border each other. THE Kansas City is the Missouri side where the popular attractions are and "the downtown area". I am on the Missouri side, 20 minutes from KCMO.
As far as the weather goes it is one extreme to the other. winter can get below zero, though not common and summer can be humid and hit 100.
Of the cities you visited, do you recmmend any

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah I went to edit my post then made a complete mess of what I was going to say so I deleted it .

I'm pleased you got to read it first,out of those places I've been San Fran was very easy to get around with most things easy enough to find.

I did get lost once looking for a large record store called amoeba records that was in a district known as haight Ashbury,a local couple could see that we were lost and gave us a lift a good few miles to get there.

The store was awesome,great selection of vinyl,CDs,DVDs,it was huge,went to Alcatraz island on the usual daytime tour which was cool,I believe you can do it by night as well.

It's a really great place.

Atlanta was also really great,a lot more sprawled out than San Fran,went to six flags over Georgia,six flags white water,stone mountain,I think I've mentioned to you before we had a Dave and busters right next to our hotel in Marrietta which was really cool.

I think the most fun though was probably pigeon forge,we stayed at a days inn and right next door they had a multi storey go kart track,then you got Dollywood theme park,Dollywood splash country where I made a right fool of myself and thought I'd go up to the free fall slide to impress my son,god knows why as I haven't got a head for heights and I bottled it just as I was about to go down,not thinking there's only one way up to the top so there was only one way back down and that is to pass everyone coming up the stairs which was really embarrassing.

And Los Angeles I enjoyed as well but found it more difficult to get places,went to Venice beach,the walk of fame on Hollywood boulevard where one of the street performers we met was from a place back home called dover which is only a few miles from where I live so it's a small world!

Also done the usual six flags magic mountain,universal studios.

You been out of state much terdnthepoolggb?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
When I stayed in L.A terdnthepoolggb at the venue along the road we missed Alice cooper in concert by about a couple of nights,I would have definitely have gone if I had the chance.

When we got there it was a Thomas the tank engine concert which didn't quite have the same appeal.

Just before we left l.a they had a group called the misfits there,I've seen one of there music videos it was to a horror film I watched some years back called bruiser.

Have you ever heard of them before?

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Ive heard of Misfits but don't remember any of their stuff.
Yes, Atlanta takes forever to drive through. We flew into San Fran in 2010 but didn't stay. We were there maybe an hour then we drove north to the Redwood forests then over to the California coast and all the way up the Oregon coast to Portland Oregon. We did pull over by the Golden Gate Bridge and looked at the scenery including Alcatraz. Would have liked to have done a tour but it wasn't in our time budget. San Fran looks pretty cool from what little I saw.

I highly recommend the Oregon coast. If you don't like big cities it is perfect cause it has only small towns along the coast plus Astoria has some filming locations from 80s films you can check out.
Colorado is pretty good and Utah has some very cool scenery and national parks.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Barbados is the furthest we have been from home. I believe it is British. Our honeymoon. It was fantastic!! Seen a lot of Florida(Fort Myers,Miami, Orlando, Key West and Cape Canaveral) but not a big fan of it although I would like to go back to Key West. Done a couple cruises. 1 was free and the other was a Disney cruise for my boy.
Not to bore anyone with specifics, I will just mention the other states we have been blessed to have touched. Minnesota, Iowa, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Texas, Washington, Nebraska, Nevada, Arizona, Oklahoma

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

Oh yeah, How was Universal Studios. We went to the one in Orlando and it was very good. The wife almost got sick on the Back To the Future ride. The Terminator was 3D and was awesome. ET ride was soso.

I forgot to mention visiting Chicago. It is a very cool big city.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
If I went to Chicago it would be a must to rent the 1961 Ferrari, 250 GT California - Oh Yeah

I would also have to have Beat City playing in the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsO4XrL-e6M

Also check out this in this video; I dunno if many of you guys have noticed this but when they do aerial shots of the city they would have had to have used a helicopter to do it. Start this video at 1:16 and focus on the left of the screen about a third of the way up. You can see the reflection of the chopper on the building.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
Oh yeah, How was Universal Studios. We went to the one in Orlando and it was very good. The wife almost got sick on the Back To the Future ride.

back to the future ride was actually the only ride i went on that made me physically sick while i was out there and i went on an absolute ton of rides if you include six flags park.

i had to run to the toilets(or restrooms as you like to call them) as soon as i got off the ride,i don't know what it was it just done it for me,motion sickness i think!

i liked the jurassic park ride,revenge of the mummy which at the time was the latest attraction was closed for the day which was gutting,the studio tour was good they had the movie backdraft with the fire and explosion effects and my son (7 at the time) jumped out of his skin i think he thought it was all for real.

you've been to some great places by the sound of it terdnthepoolggb,i bet you enjoyed the laid back life style of barbados,i've never been but would like to go.

-
gouves in crete,greece(just a random pic of the web) a very quiet and relaxing destination to visit.

i'll run of a few a countries (apart from the states) that i've been to with out boring you by going to much into detail - i've been to malta a little island in the meditaranean which was a very pleasant holiday,you can get anywhere on the island easily within a day as it's very small plus i found the people very friendly,crete which is a greek island was also very nice,again the people were very friendly and the part of the island i went to was seriously quiet and relaxing.

-
olu deniz turkey - a great place to visit.

i've been to olu deniz in turkey and i really loved it,the people there were great and the surrounding area was pretty stunning,madrid in spain which i liked a lot but at times felt unbearably hot,majorca spain is also pretty cool
place to visit and lastly vienna in austria wich was pretty awesome with loads to do and cheap and delicious street food.

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home