iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Upcoming Concerts (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Upcoming Concerts
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to see Extreme next Saturday night! Should be good!

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motley is yet amazed at yet another awesome live Slayer show quite possibly the best live show I've ever saw of them. Manson sucked no big suprise there, Killswitch Engage put on a great show, first time seeing Cannibal Corpse live and all I have to saw is ummmmmm yeah interesting to say the least. Trivium and Mushroomhead both rocked out as well. Because of set time interferences and more than one stage,we weren't able to see Bullet For My Valentine or Behemoth and other bands.

Slayer Setlist

1. Disciple
2. Jihad
3. Mandatory Suicide
4. Psychopathy Red
5. Born of Fire
6. Ghosts of War
7. Dead Skin Mask
8. Hell Awaits
9. War Ensemble
10. South of Heaven
11. Chemical Warfare
12. Flesh Storm
13. Raining Blood

Killswitch Engage Setlist

1. Fixation on the Darkness
2. My Last Serenade
3. Starting Over
4. Reckoning
5. This Fire
6. This is Absolution
7. Rose of Sharyn
8. Light in a Darkened World
9. A Bid Farewell
10. The Arms of Sorrow
11. My Curse
12. The End of Heartache
13. Life to Lifeless

Encore : Holy Diver (Dio cover)

Trivium Setlist

1. The End of Everything
2. Rain
3. When All Light Dies
4. Throes of Perdition
5. Down From The Sky
6. Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AC/DC will be here at the hsbc arena oct. 18th bill and i are going !!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tonight queensryche will be here in lockport for a free concert hubby is in canada for the weekend so i am going with my sister in law and her hubby butch should be a good time saw them twice already but they rock!! tomorrow night in rochester is the yes/asia concert i wanted to go but noone else i know from here is going 2 hour drive too!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have an annual outdoor concert happining this weekend...New Glasgow Riverfront Jubilee. Typically never any huge headliners, but going tonight and excited to see Chilliwack and Joel Plaskett...Wintersleep plays tommorow night. My parents have our little fella for the night, so me and my wife are going to party it up. I'm near Halifax where they've already had Paul McCartney and KISS, this summer, and Moncton soon to host AC/DC...unfortunately....unable to catch any of the big shows this year due to work schedule...but hey....Chilliwack tonight...just as good...OK...so it's not...but I'll have fun anyway!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
We have an annual outdoor concert happining this weekend...New Glasgow Riverfront Jubilee. Typically never any huge headliners, but going tonight and excited to see Chilliwack and Joel Plaskett...Wintersleep plays tommorow night. My parents have our little fella for the night, so me and my wife are going to party it up. I'm near Halifax where they've already had Paul McCartney and KISS, this summer, and Moncton soon to host AC/DC...unfortunately....unable to catch any of the big shows this year due to work schedule...but hey....Chilliwack tonight...just as good...OK...so it's not...but I'll have fun anyway!

Nice Kev! Have a hell of a night. Extreme concert is tomorrow night for me!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks 80's...had a blast. Was more excited than I thought I would be to here a couple of Chilliwack's hits...I think the drinks had something to do with it, but...my wife said I screamed like a little girl when they started singing...gone gone gone, she's been gone so long...."My Girl". Have a blast at the Extreme concert and let me know how it was.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Going to see Extreme next Saturday night! Should be good!

-

I must say that Nuno and the boys of Extreme rocked the joint like it was 1989(the last time they played here)and not 2009.....what showmanship and talent. Nuno Bettencourt, who is pushing 40, still looks like he's in his mid 20's and can still play that guitar like he was born with it in his hands. What a freakin' night....even though the 2 opening bands sucked big time! I recommend seeing these guys live if you get a chance.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Just got my tickets for Chickenfoot in August. Can't wait....this will be the first time that I will see Joe Satriani live.

-

Saw Chickenfoot live last night and I was really impressed with this supergroup. Joe Satriani on guitar is getting better with age....this is the best I ever heard him play. This is also the first time I ever got to see Sammy Hagar sing live too, and he was amazing. Perfect pitch the entire night. This whole band was awesome live and far better than what I was expecting....I recommend seeing them.

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thanks for the info 80'srocked i saw joe a few years back here at u.b. and he was excellent that night too i would love to see these guys but nothing as of yet about them coming here we are going to see journey next friday night at darien lake then cruefest is on sept. 5th
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Saw Kiss at Madison Square Garden last night. Awesome show they put on with tons of pyrotechnics and stage presence. I was a bit disappointed that they only did 2 songs from the 80's though, and no ballads either.... Still was a great night. Buckcherry opened and was just OK IMO....

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at that KISS show last night too! I think its the best KISSS show Ive ever been to. Ive seen them at Jones Beach twice but KISS was just made to play MADISON SQUARE GARDEN methinks!

I had once seen BUCK CHERRY open for AC DC and didnt think much of them.I liked them much more this time.

I was very satisfied that KISS pretty much stuck to the hits and didnt shove new album down our throats! I was up and singing and dancing. What a ball I had!

Go here to see KISS Your Face ad : www.youtube.com/user/mamamiasweetpeaches

[ 11. October 2009, 12:08: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Awesome mama....we could have met and never even knew it! It was the first Kiss show that I saw live and it was worth the wait. Like I said, wish they did more 80's stuff, but the 70's tunes rocked enough. I just downloaded the new album, haven't listened to it yet.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Bachelor party for one of my buds this weekend. Race on Saturday night and Metallica show on Sunday. Rock on!

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice Mots....I'm seeing Metallica too next month at MSG. I've never gone to more concerts in my life since this year....and I've been to a ton back in the day! Rock on is right!

.(....\............../.....)
. \....\........... /..../
...\....\........../..../.
....\..../´¯.I.¯`\.../....
..../... I....I..(¯¯¯`\...
...I.....I....I...¯¯.\...\
...I.....I´¯.I´¯.I..\...)..
...\.....` ¯..¯ ´.......'.
....\_________.•´.....
.....lo_o_o_o_ol......
.....l-_-_-_-_-_-_l........
.....lo_o_o_o_ol......

[ 13. October 2009, 04:21: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah my best friend is going to see METALLICA at MSG. The funny thing is I used to be hugely into METALLICA in the 80s n 90s and have NEVER seen them play live. I think that Ive let my not liking their newer stuff stop me from going to one of their shows. Im only cheating myself I guess.

Out of all the bands I like theres only a rare few I havent seen yet - METALLICA, THE POLICE, VAN HALEN and GUNS N ROSES. Thats about it.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow night @ Hammersmith Apollo:

-
 -
 -

Black Stone Cherry supported by The Parlor Mob & Duff McKagan's Loaded.

[ 16. October 2009, 06:41: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Parlor Mob + Duff McKagan's Loaded were the support bands last night. I can't remember the setlist for either band, but they were both great. The Parlor Mob especially.

Black Stone Cherry were f'ing awesome though.

Personal Favorites: Please Come In, Rain Wizard, Blind Man, Peace is Free.

-

[ 16. October 2009, 06:41: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Metallica totally rocked it last night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgRlPx2xur8

Will post a setlist later once I'm fully recovered.......

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Metallica Setlist

1. That Was Just Your Life
2. The End Of The Line
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. The Four Horsemen
5. One
6. Broken, Beat And Scarred
7. Cyanide
8. Sad But True
9. Turn The Page (Bob Seger cover)
10. The Judas Kiss
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Fight Fire With Fire
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

Encore
16. Too Late, Too Late (Motörhead cover)
17. Phantom Lord
18. Seek & Destroy

[ 24. October 2009, 13:23: Message edited by: Faith No Motley ]

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Faith No Motley:
Metallica Setlist

1. That Was Just Your Life
2. The End Of The Line
3. For Whom The Bell Tolls
4. The Four Horsemen
5. One
6. Broken, Beat And Scarred
7. Cyanide
8. Sad But True
9. Turn The Page (Bob Seger cover)
10. The Judas Kiss
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Fight Fire With Fire
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman

Encore
16. Too Late, Too Late (Motörhead cover)
17. Phantom Lord
18. Seek & Destroy

Pretty sick setlist there. I'm sure it will be the same or similar when I go in a couple of weeks to see them. I never saw Metallica live(I know....sad), but this will be well worth the wait!
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
The Parlor Mob @ The Barfly on 11th November
&
Ronnie James Dio @ HMV Forum on the 24th November.

Hell Yeah....

[ 29. October 2009, 09:43: Message edited by: J2ME ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

The Editors were superb. I'm sure the constant comparisons to Joy division must be a hinderance, but you'd never know from their performances.

I'm looking forward to the new album.

Highlights: Blood, The Racing Rats, Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors,Bones.

Bones

Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors

up-to-date:

The Parlor Mob @ The Camden Barfly on 11th November

Deep Purple @ Hammersmith Apollo on 14th November

Dio @ HMV Forum on 24th November

The Answer @ HMV Forum on 9th December

Depeche Mode @ O2 Arena 16th December

[ 30. October 2009, 11:33: Message edited by: J2ME ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Tonight:

-

The Parlor Mob @ Camden Barfly.

These guys were amazing when I saw them supporting Black Stone Cherry, so I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Saw Metallica last night at Madison Square Garden.....all I can say is WOW. First time I saw them live and they didn't disappoint. Awesome setlist, very similar to the one Motley posted. Can't wait to see them again. Lamb of God opened and they kicked a$$ as well! What a night.

-

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home