iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched? (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  105  106  107   
Author Topic: Last 70's (or earlier) film you watched?
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by journey:
The Stepford Wives remake has to be one of the worst on record.

My word it would be. If I had my way, then there would be either no or at the very least scarcely any needless remakes let alone sequels at all.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky Luciano (1973). Biography picture of the notorious title gangster, portrayed here by Gian Maria Volonte. Federal Agent Charles Siragusa plays himself. Rod Steiger, Vincent Gardenia, Edmond O'Brien and Charles Cioffi all appear as well.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre  -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walkabout - Always liked this. Such an unusual film with stunning imagery.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bad News Bears. Awesome movie starring Walter Mattheau, Tatum O'Neal and Jackie Earle Haley. Great movie for the kids and adults!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Psycho
chimpanshane
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8248

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for chimpanshane   Email chimpanshane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grease
Posts: 11 | From: Philippines | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Welcome to the boards Chimpanshane [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Cape Fear
chimpanshane
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8248

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for chimpanshane   Email chimpanshane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
Welcome to the boards Chimpanshane [Smile]

Thanks for the warm welcome [Big Grin]

Just watched Serpico a while ago..brilliant movie by Al Pacino

Posts: 11 | From: Philippines | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty Baby (1978)

- Well, i think that this was a bit boring flick.
I think that this dragged badly. (or was i tired [Smile] )
Nice and brave roles from Susan Sarandon, Keith Carradine
and especially Brooke Shields.
Of course the subject is a bit taboo, but this wasn´t really made in a disturbing manner.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Starship Invasions (Project Genocide) (1977). When villainous aliens whose world is threatened by their star in the process of a supernova decide to invade and take over earth, then their good extraterrestrial counterparts abduct UFOlogist Robert Vaughn to thwart their plans. Christopher Lee, Daniel Pilon, Helen Shaver, Henry Ramer and Victoria Johnson all also appear.

Special note of interest for aTomiK: one of the actors in "Starship Invasions" is a Finn, Tiiu Leek, who has a dual role here as Phi, one of the aliens and also a family woman who is abducted while in her car with her husband on top of child.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LoverswithCassie,

actually Tiiu is from Estonia, but
that´s close enought [Smile]

Ed Hunt also directed the movie Alien Warrior aka King of the Streets (1985)
which is a wicked flick!!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kingcain
Master Rewinder
Member # 6644

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kingcain   Author's Homepage   Email Kingcain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched The Gumball Rally (1976)
Posts: 125 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garden of the Dead (1974)
 -
Thought it was decent for its age. a bit slow in parts though. Im suprised that a re-make was never done in the 80's, could have been really good.

Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Captain Kronos - Vampire Hunter - Ahh [Smile] I hadn't watched a Hammer in a month or so. I was beginning to suffocate [Razz]
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Rituals, alias The Creeper (1978). Hal Holbrook, Lawrence Dane (who also produced), Robin Gammell, Ken James and Gary Reineke are five M.D.s as well as friends who go on a camping holiday in the northern Canadian woods, only to be stalked in addition to terrorised by a relentless, mad provincial murderer.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Two Faces Of Dr. Jekyll (1960) - Good stuff. Not quite as great as Hammer's other Jekyll film, Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde. I love Chris Lee's sleazy character in this  -
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (1964)
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last night i caught 2 good ones back to back on TCM..

13 ghosts (1960) - i had no idea margaret hamilton was in this.. (played the wicked witch of the west in wizard of oz). it was cool to see her in it.

the old dark house (1963) the remake of the 1932 version. i prefer the 1963 one, it's cooky and spooky at the same time. [Smile] my dvd transfer version is horrible! it was nice to see it on tv again.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

One of my favourite disaster movies.

The transfer to Blu is superb. A few soft images here and there, but overall the picture quality is excellent.

The DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 is fantastic, and makes the whole experience that much better.

8/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Halloween
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Amityville Horror [Smile]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Gorgon (1964) - Hammer starring Peter, Christopher and Barbara Shelley. The joy, the joy [Big Grin]

-

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Sorcerers (1967) - Such a great, twisted little film. One of my fave Karloff films. About a weird old couple who create a machine to be able to control the minds of others.Brilliant ending.
  This topic comprises 107 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  105  106  107   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home