iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 29)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Crazy Frog
Rewind Curious
Member # 37561

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Crazy Frog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all!

I'm looking for two movies and while I was searching for a place where I could ask, I found this forum.

Q 1. Movie could be from 80s or early 90s. Very likely from USA. I think I watched it about 20-25 years ago.
There was a cyborg in this movie, human on outside but a machine inside. I think he was not dangerous. I remember only one scene from the end of the movie when this cyborg connected damaged power line with his hands so that electricity could run through him. Electricity destroyed him. He sacrificed himself to restore the energy to some building, probably hospital, and save someone else or more of them.
The scene, I have in my head, its maybe roughly similar to this scene from Tango & Cash: https://i.imgur.com/Dam9jEx.jpg

Q 2. Movie is very likely from 80s. Im almost sure it is from USA. I also watched this one about 20-25 years ago.
There was a soldier, marine or maybe commando, or more of them. He or they went to search for a safe, for which I think it fall from a plane and landed on enemy territory. I think the safe was white and it didnt look like ordinary safe, but more like some kind of high tech safe with scanner. Its hard to describe this blurred picture of safe I have in my head, but the colors and the shape reminds me on something like this, but it was not a space shuttle and it was small, maybe 1x1 meter.
The main character had a tattoo on his hand. This tattoo worked as key to open a safe. If this man would die the tattoo would fade away.

There is one more thing that I'm connecting with this movie, but Im not 100% sure it was part of this movie. I see a black man who was cooling his minigun with beer.

EDIT: 4. August 2018
While I was waiting on someone who would remember these movies, I tried different approach. I tried to search if there is any archive of old TV guides and I found that one of local newspaper in our country indeed has the archive of old newspaper editions which also contain TV guide. I thought this will take me a lot of time, but if no one knows these movies I have no other choice if I want to find them. But I had a huge luck. I started with year 1993 and I found both movies in that year.

A 1. First one is Cy Warrior(1989). I went fast through movie. The scene I remember is from the end of the movie. I dont remember the rest of the movie at all.

A 2. Second one is In Gold We Trust (1990). The safe I remember is NASA capsule, thats why it reminded me on space shuttle. Full movie is on YouTube but it is dubbed to Thai.
Here you can see the safe/capsule. And here is the part when the tattoo is used to open it.

[ 04. August 2018, 01:57: Message edited by: Crazy Frog ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2018 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Capfred
Rewind Curious
Member # 37387

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Capfred   Email Capfred   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nostalgic for the '80's:
quote:
Originally posted by Capfred:
Ok I have looked through every message in this topic, searched IMDb.

Ok, I have been trying to find a movie, thought it might be a miniseries. The problem is I cannot remember enough to properly search for it. There is this family with a boy traveling places, nomadic or time travelish. One scene has the boy in a room listening to a commander. The commander has a clod/blue flame coming out a finger or a gun. The boy comes down to put his finger/hand in the flame. The commander tells him, the last time that happened, that boy rebelled. Later they decide to move on because the environment was making the mom sick, possibly due to radiation. I have this kick, where I want to find this out. Live action, color.

Hey - just discovered the above post. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but this sounds like the extremely short-lived TV show "The Other World" from 1985 - I saw a handful of episodes, and really liked the show. However, it's been over 30 years since I caught this, so my memories re: the details are not clear.

Here's a post I created about this show last year on the '80's TV forum - with some interesting links:

quote:
Originally posted by Nostalgic for the '80's:
Does anyone else remember the short-lived sci-fi series "Otherworld" from early 1985? It only lasted 8 episodes.

The storyline involved a family who was transported to a parallel universe via a pyramid in Egypt. Very strange, trippy show - though I remember it being interesting & had relatively good effects:

http://reflectionsonfilmandtelevision.blogspot.com/2008/11/cult-tv-flashback-62-otherworld-1985.html

Apparently the show is on DVD somewhere, though I don't think it's Region 1 (U.S.) DVD:
http://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/10855/1980s-sci-fi-show-about-a-family-transported-through-a-pyramid

I think this is it! I am very grateful for your reply. I have been searching for this so please don't be sorry. This is it, YouTube has the series and episode 2 is the one with the cold flame. Not quite like I remember but defiantly it.

[ 08. September 2018, 01:33: Message edited by: Capfred ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home