iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Perfect Date Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Perfect Date Movie
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a movie on TV recently which really made me laugh 'cos I once thought it was the perfect date movie.I brought a girl back to my parents house one night,they were asleep and it was just the right time for snuggling together in front of a good film. I borrowed the tape of the 'perfect' romantic night-in movie from my brother,then me and the girl spent the next 2 hours watching it in each others arms (arrr).After the film ended she looked at me strangely,left and I never saw her again.Apparently I had a lot to learn about romance.
And what,dear friends was the movie on that beautiful night???

Why none other than.....
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA with Big Kurt.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smayt,
I just don't know where u went wrong! hehe. [Roll Eyes]

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx RIVER, I knew I could count on you for some sensitivity and support. Clearly the girl had the probs,not me [Razz]
So.... does anyone else have any stories of romantic movie screw-ups? Or to look at it an other way... a class choice that simply was'nt appreciated!
I can't be the only one. Can I ?

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I commend you on your choice, anyone that doesn't like Big Trouble isn't worth your time anyway. You know what Jack Burton does at a time like this?

I trying to remember a good one, I know that I have been in that situation.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the first movie that you can see with someone can tell a lot about how the relationship is going to go. One of my high school boyfriends I remember seeing "She-Devil", more like "He-Devil". The guy I dated for five years the very first movie we saw was "**** Tracy", need I say more about how that turned out.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hum it blocked out the name of the movie that Warren Beatty starred in. It is the actual title not a derogatory statement??? [Confused]
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had that happen, it seemed every movie I ever picked, was the perfect date movie. I went out on so many dates that I didn't like the guy, and I could sit in a chair by myself, and not talk to them all night, and cover my head with a blanket-cause we usually watched a scary movie, and sometimes I would make friends double date, and no matter what happened- they still asked me out again. I never liked to be rude to anyone, so maybe they just didn't pick up on the no chemistry bit, I was aiming for. This sounds conceited, but I have never been dumped by anyone, I was always the dumper. I watched quit a variety of movies on dates..so I am not sure it has anything to do with it or not????Ones I can remember:
Terror in the Aisles-1st date ever
Missing in Action
Mischief
Crocodile Dundee
Top Gun
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Raw
Slumber Party Massacre-rented
The Howling-rented
Two of a Kind-rented
Christine-rented
The Meaning of Life-Monty Python-HBO
Roxanne-rented
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Revenge of the Nerds part 3
Roadhouse
Purple Rain- watched after the Prom
The Stepfather-rented
E.T
Halloween 4
Twins-I fell asleep during it.
Fatal Attraction
The Seventh Sign
Witchboard
Some Kind of Wonderful
The Gate

Probably many more, but I have a pretty good memory, and I remember alot of details about stuff forever.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first boyfriend told me I talked too much-imagine that..guess what happened to him, he got dumped.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off the top of my head, I think Say Anything, The Sure Thing and Some Kind Of Wonderful would make good date movies... [Wink]
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was wrong with your choice? It had action, romance, a battle of good vs evil, it was perfect!

Any girl who doesn't immediately fall for a guy who plays BTILC on the first date has serious emotional problems. [Smile]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jlp937 said:
quote:
Hum it blocked out the name of the movie that Warren Beatty starred in. It is the actual title not a derogatory statement??? [Confused]
Not done on purpose, but the messageboard software has some built in screening on certain words. One of the great things that we at Fast-Rewind pride ourselves on is that we can safely cater for all ages, because the movie pages are checked manually before posting, and the message board is mainly self-regulatory. One thing that has helped us is the automatic censoring of a few words or phrases, one of which you have found. If it allows kids of all ages to find us by meeting all the criteria of the 'parental control' sofware packages, then that's a great thing.

although personally, I liked 'D1ck Tracy'....

[Wink]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I just say "Rollerball" [Eek!] is not a good movie to take a girl to ever!!! It wasn't even a good movie to begin with!!! I could see if it was a 5th date or even a 3rd date but never a first date!!! If you want to make a good impression on a girl "RollerBall" is not the appropraite choice!!!LOL
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have had good luck with movie choices and ladies. Chocolate, the Mirror has two faces, Serendipity and Titanic. Although they are 90's movies, some 80's movies would be like mentioned the Sure Thing, pretty in Pink, even Secret Admirer and Just one of the Guys. As for 90's movies, I would recommend Keanu Reaves in Walk in the Clouds. Anyway, I'm still a bachelor so maybe movie taste isn't everything right?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Chocolate was a good movie, I don't know about Titanic. 90's date movies had to suck compare 80's ones. I would have been happy to see Pretty in Pink, but I did get to see Some Kind of Wonderful, in the movies.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
I did watch a video copy of Some Kind Of Wonderful one night with a girl.Not a bad choice I thought !!
But afterwards I got accused of fancying Mary Stuart Masterson [Mad]
Thems the breaks I guess!! [Roll Eyes]

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You found a woman who could see the truth in you? And you are surprised?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Well, i've gotta admit Mary Stuart Masterson is kinda foxy in that movie....hell yes.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home