iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if any of these have been put up already though I didn't spot them but here's a few more covers,posters etc. I really dig -

-

The awesome action drama The Principal (1987).

-

The really fun teen comedy Mischief (1985).

-

Is there anything more scary than the thought of Gary Busey staring through the window at you - the poster art for Hider In The House (1989).

-

The excellent giant rat horror Of Unknown Origin (1983).

[ 20. October 2016, 12:41: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is on my wall right now...
 -

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome poster Paul for an awesome movie,bet it looks pretty cool up on your wall!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are a man of exquisite taste.

Is it framed? What are your poster-hanging procedures? I'm currently trying to decide whether a plasterboard wall will take a framed movie poster...

On another note: I was happy to learn that Virginia Madsen has fond memories of this film, and she became good friends with Lenny Von Dohlen while making it - a friendship that endures to this day!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
You are a man of exquisite taste.

I'm currently trying to decide whether a plasterboard wall will take a framed movie poster...

Yeah Logan no problems there they definitely will,the movie frames in all truth despite there size are not that heavy!
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That UK Electric Dreams poster is gorgeous. The film is still not on Region 1 DVD.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rock Vixen
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37441

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rock Vixen   Author's Homepage   Email Rock Vixen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Not sure if any of these have been put up already though I didn't spot them but here's a few more covers,posters etc. I really dig -

-

The awesome action drama The Principal (1987).

-

The really fun teen comedy Mischief (1985).

-

Is there anything more scary than the thought of Gary Busey staring through the window at you - the poster art for Hider In The House (1989).

-

The excellent giant rat horror Of Unknown Origin (1983).

Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rock Vixen
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37441

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rock Vixen   Author's Homepage   Email Rock Vixen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a James Belushi fan. I actually love and have recorded (on VHS tape*) "The Principal".

Formulaic, but who cares!?!

*For all you youngsters, that's a "back-in-the-day" reference. ;>

Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah Logan no problems there they definitely will,the movie frames in all truth despite there size are not that heavy!
Really? Even hung straight into plasterboard - not into the wooden joist?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
quote:
Really? Even hung straight into plasterboard - not into the wooden joist?
Yeah mine are straight Into plasterboard using self drill plasterboard fixings,the snap frames I use Logan are lighter than you expect!

-

My Judgement Night poster has been up for about 4 or 5 months now and has not fallen on my head yet [Big Grin]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
So you didn't have to find the wooden joist or anything - you just put a fixing for plasterboard? (are those the ones that you use like a 'gun' thing for attaching?)

I had some snap frames a couple of years ago, but I found the stuff that went in front of the poster kind of opaque and dullish. I ended up getting some frames from the US (cost a fair bit, and then about two months later I got the FedEx import duty charge - ouch!)

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Actually on the last one i put up the larger Psycho 3 quad poster I drilled the acquired six holes after using a mini spirit level to get the poster obviously straight and then just used plasterboard wall plugs similar to these http://www.screwfix.com/p/plasplugs-original-plasterboard-wall-fixings-grey-4-5mm-50-pack/1057K?kpid=1057K&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20trac king%20url&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CjwKEAjwtqe8BRCs-9DdpMOilBoSJAAyqWz_Bn40eSSt6Sz5wCpEDPO_kmS5ICLIjCjJKJXITfGdtho Czbjw_wcB and then just put in the screws,it was quite a quick and simple job but better with someone helping holding the frame to the wall!

It feels really sturdy and I believe it won't go anywhere.

My snap frames I got from Sign Holders Uk I think look great where as the snap frame I have for my Jack's Back movie poster came with a really dull and rather crappy looking protective sheeting!

[ 16. July 2016, 16:08: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
I looked at those when I was getting snap-frames years ago, but I think I went somewhere else for them. The ones I got had a dull almost cloudy sheet of plastic that went over the pictures and I was never happy with them.

I was thinking of hanging mine via a wire they have on the back - like a normal picture. But if I remember correctly those snap frames come with screw holes in the corners that you use to attach them to the wall. Am I right? That would make them more stable and distribute the weight a little more than with something like a hook. Hmm... still not sure if the plasterboard could take the weight if it was just hanging on a hook...

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Yeah Logan a snap frame would certainly distribute the weight better than a single hook as they have 6 or more screw holes with the screw holes being in either corner and in the centre's plus they come with the proper screws and fixings.

Some people just pin them to the wall but then you've got to take into account that your putting pinholes in your cherished poster it all depends on what your happy with.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
No pins for mine! Not on a vintage poster! I have frames with a wire at the back. Really not sure about the weight distribution. I think the snap frame with fixtures along each edge is a good idea. Hmm... I still need to do some thinking!
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Excellent poster design for Police Academy 4 ; Citizens On Patrol (1987).

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David_J
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
 -

Excellent poster design for Police Academy 4 ; Citizens On Patrol (1987).

I have this on VHS but my video does not work anymore so cannot watch it on video but this is my favourite one.
Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Rock Vixen:
I'm a James Belushi fan. I actually love and have recorded (on VHS tape*) "The Principal".

Formulaic, but who cares!?!

*For all you youngsters, that's a "back-in-the-day" reference. ;>

Love The Principal Rock Vixen as do most People I know that have checked it out,Belushi and Gossett Jr are both great and it's one of those films that I think takes many people by surprise as to how entertaining it actually is!

Love the Police Academy 4 artwork,i think part 2 and 4 were my equal favourite's from the sequels and we're the only two that I watched in the theatres.

Part 3 was OK but I was not over keen on 5 and Part 6 I don't think I remember being that great either,never seen Mission To Moscow but by all accounts I'm probably doing myself a big favour!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Picked up of eBay an original UK quad sized home video poster for the fun 1986 Michael Pare actioner Marine Issue aka Instant Justice.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it!
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Cheers Atomik!

-

Just picked up another quad poster from eBay for the mostly critically hammered but in my opinion rather entertaining late 80s action thriller Renegades with the great pairing of Kiether Sutherland and Lou Diamond Philips.

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home