iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another obscurity from the shelves of your local videostore (well, in the late 80's that is) :

-

Sno-Line (1986)

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool art, Sno-Line is one of those rarely seen Vestron tapes. Drug films are always interesting but i don´t own this one.

Just bought Frank STALLONE film The Pink Chiquitas (1987). Comes with a cool cover art and i hope that it´s bonkers and fun stuff.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out all these Airplane II posters, there´s one for every season [Smile]

In Finland they used the girl with skis version.

-  -  -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Until a while back I never knew that - airplane went under the title of - flying high in Australia,I can remember both those titles - the pink Chiquita's and sno-line but have not see either of them though!

-

Here's the more or less indentical UK cover art with alternate - death line title.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never noticed there were alternate designs for Airplane 2..
By the way, Airplane was originally released here under the Flying High title as well.

How about this one :

-

Night Warriors (1983) directed by Paul Donovan

A year before i started renting movies myself i watched a bunch at my cousin's house who was two years older than i am.
Night Warriors is one of the earliest memories i have of watching rental tapes. This must have been around 1985 i think.
(keep in mind i was still only 8 or 9 years old, and we only had two public network TV channels in those days..
cable TV was still a couple of years away, so there was no way you could ever see something like Night Warriors on TV)
For years i didn't know which movie this was, but later i found out this was actually released under several
alternate titles, such as Self-Defense and Siege. But i will always remember it as Night Warriors !
I have not been able to watch Night Warriors ever since, so this must be at least thirty years ago,
but i remember it as an ultra gritty urban action thriller, not unlike Death Wish 2 or Vigilante,
both of which were released roughly around the same time.

I found the trailer on Youtube : www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFJg-lU4J7U

Looks pretty cool, right ? [Smile]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´ve actually seen this canadian film. Never heard the Night Warriors title before.
We had it on tape back in the early 90s but i´m not sure if it´s still somewhere (maybe bro has it).
I remember that it made somekind of impact, definitely would like to re-watch it.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I've got the - siege on vhs and its an absolutely awesome action thriller,quite gritty and violent,this is one that certainly needs a DVD or blu ray release.

Not watched it for a year or 2 but I do remember the big guy from stegman's gang in - class of 1984 is in it!

-

Have you guys ever seen the 1983 Canadian thriller - cross country as that's another pretty cool flick!

[ 14. January 2016, 07:20: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Here's the back art to my thorn emi vhs.

And below the familiar looking thorn emi cassette

-

Who could forget that thorn emi opening logo and music - https://youtu.be/xc2s06xVJ2Y - thorn emi trailers.

https://youtu.be/5EtyTvDi_LQ - cool YouTube video of UK thorn emi video sleeves.

[ 14. January 2016, 07:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Now that is awesome, Warrior ! That's a true collector's item, i'm sure !

aTomiK, which title did it have in Finland.. do you remember ?

It is getting confusing though, all those alternate titles..

Airplane was released here as Flying High.. Vigilante was called Streetfighters..
Sno-Line has been released on UK home video as Deathline while the Imdb has it listed as Texas Godfather..
and Night Warriors is apparently better known as Siege or Self-Defense..

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know if Siege was released in the U.S. with the same title?
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086276/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#akas - I reckon either under the title of - siege or the alternate title of - self defense,I've got a feeling it was only released as night warriors in Johnny's home country of the Netherlands!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
It was called "Saarto" here in Finland which is more or less a translation from "Siege".

Alternate poster art, feels like a completely different film [Smile]

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Judging from that poster design, the movie should have been called Yuppies In Peril ! [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Boy has this film got some different titles and cover art,you can see how some of these movies get lost in the mix.

That - self defense poster art at first I thought - wow! that really sucks - but if you look at it for a while (say about a few years) it does actually start to grow on you! [Big Grin]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
That - self defense poster art at first I thought - wow! that really sucks - but if you look at it for a while (say about a few years) it does actually start to grow on you! [Big Grin]

Well, that particular poster design is actually pretty good.. The problem is it just doesn't seem to connect
with the actual movie.. or at least not the way i remember it.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
quote:

Well, that particular poster design is actually pretty good..
Yeah pretty good for a laugh [Big Grin] - your right johnny it makes it look more like a yuppie in peril flick,from what i remember there's no one in the movie who even resembles either character on the cover!

Johnny have you ever seen the other film I mentioned 1983s - cross country - https://youtu.be/qTLOsQaSkSM its a Canadian sleazefest which is a total blast to watch and features everyone's favourite Canadian villain Michael Ironside who here plays against type as an investigating cop!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
It's almost like that particular design was created by someone who didn't see the actual movie..
but did it solely based on reading a synopsis or something.

I'm not familiar with Cross Country, no.. but there sure are some names on that poster that do ring a bell.
Richard Beymer played Benjamin Horne (the hotel owner) in Twin Peaks, and Nina Axelrod was the girl from Motel Hell.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Put up one of my bedroom movie posters today the original us one sheet for 1993's - judgment night

[ 16. July 2016, 11:26: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

My son's UK Quad movie poster of Harold And Kumar Get The Munchies or as it's known in the US Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle.

[ 26. June 2016, 15:18: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judgment Night was released over here as Trespass.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David_J
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37430

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for David_J   Email David_J   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
 -

and the other one i picked up really cheap - 1 uk pound and 47 pence included postage so cheaper than a 6 pint of milk - best shot aka hoosiers uk quad poster.

always really liked this movie and only knew it as best shot as a teen only later in life to realize it had the original title of -hoosiers.

Yes the first time I heard about this film was on Premiere where it was called Best Shot years later I spent time trying to find it to buy but could not find it under that name only the name of Hoosiers I found the film very good indeed one of my all time favourite s. It's nice to see the poster for the movie though.
Posts: 26 | Registered: May 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Lemonjello
Master Rewinder
Member # 37395

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Peter Lemonjello     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
Judgment Night was released over here as Trespass.

Then what was Trespass released as the year before?
Posts: 141 | From: The Belle Isle | Registered: Nov 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then what was Trespass released as the year before?
Adventures in Babysitting?!

My mistake... Trespass is a completely different film. For some reason I have them mixed up in my head. Considering they aren't even the same plot I can't see why.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rock Vixen
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37441

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rock Vixen   Author's Homepage   Email Rock Vixen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 - The Lost Boys (words to live by...)
Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Love The Lost Boys and it's poster art Rock Vixen

Here's a few UK VHS cover arts from my collection -

-

The Young Warriors (1983).

-

Shadow Of Death aka Destroyer (1988).

-

Marine Issue aka Instant Justice (1986).

-

Let's Get Harry (1986).

-

Scream For Help (1984).

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home