iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: 80's Movie covers/posters are the best! Your Favorites?
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice collection you have there, aTomiK.

I've never seen Terminal Exposure and Hired to Kill either, but just took a quick look at the
trailers on Youtube. Looks like fun b-movie mayhem indeed. [Big Grin]

I also have Nightmare at Noon in that Mastorakis collection.
Another good little b-movie with some great action scenes and a truly magnificent cast which
includes George Kennedy, Bo Hopkins, Wings Hauser, Brion James and Kimberly Beck (from Friday the 13th part 4).

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here's one of the most beautiful movie stills ever :

-

Haunting and macabre, but oh so beautiful.. The Evil Dead !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it´s one of the greatest promo pics of all time.
It was also on the vhs cover in many countries (including Finland)

-

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Young Warrior, great pull on Gouhlies! I have never seen this but as a kid in the video rental store, that cover always grabbed my eye.

I agree that the horror movies from the 80's had so many great covers!

Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw this for the first time last year-always caught my eye in the video store back in the day.
 -

Another cool one.
 -

Found this tat pic online [Cool]
 -

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's a few more random 80s movie posters i like

-
d.a.r.y.l - 1985

-
bachelor party - 1984

-
the kindred - 1987

-
an american werewolf in london - 1981

-
hot dog the movie - 1984

[ 12. October 2012, 11:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
the park is mine -1986

-
class of 1984 - 1982

-
waxwork - 1988

-
a nightmare on elm street 2- freddys revenge - 1985

-
screwballs - 1983

[ 26. April 2015, 15:18: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread delivers[.]
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
There was lots of different artwork for A Nightmare On Elm Street part 2.
The Dutch video release (by Warner Brothers) had this as the front cover :

-

but i also still have a cardboard display (about 1 meter in height), which has artwork similar to this :

-

[ 16. September 2012, 04:18: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -
The Further Adventures Of Tennessee Buck (1988)

-
pretty good artwork for The Running Man (1987)

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
And some very cool artwork for a not-so-great movie :

-
R.O.T.O.R. (1988)

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i like david keith,i've heard of tennessee buck before but never seen it,also never realised he directed it,looks like fun.

freddys revenge had some terrific artwork,i know a lot of folk didn't particulary like the second installment but i've always been rather fond of it,i thought the first 4 were all great.

dream child was where it all went slightly wrong for me.

i agree great artwork for my science project and the running man,i miss the old 80s arnie flicks,the last stand his latest looks ok but in comparison to the running man,predator,etc it does look pretty tame.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
That Tennessee Buck could easily be added to the 'VHS yet to be released on DVD' thread too.

I still have it on video somewhere. It's pretty funny actually. It's more some sort of odd parody
on adventure flicks spiced up with some violence and nudity (provided by the lovely Kathy Shower).

Pretty much all the cool artwork was gone at the turn of the decade. The 90's just.. well, how shall
i put it.. sucked, basically ! [Big Grin]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
a few horror ones i like -

-
phantasm 2 - 1988

-
invasion of the bodysuckers aka blue monkey - 1987

-
friday the 13th part 8 - jason takes manhattan - 1989

-
cat people - 1982

-
deadly friend - 1986

[ 26. April 2015, 15:12: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always liked that Jason takes Manhattan poster, looks very atmospheric.
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
better_off_dead
Rewind Curious
Member # 13372

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for better_off_dead   Email better_off_dead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'm a little slow...but I JUST realized the Ghoulies poster says they will get you in the 'end'...and he's popping out of a toilet. Ha
Did they mean to do that?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dolenz85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10835

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dolenz85   Email Dolenz85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Below are posters for four of my favourite 80's movies which grace my lounge. They've all been framed in glass and look great up close:

The Thing
 -

St.Elmo's Fire (Original Vintage Poster, really thrilled with this one!)
 -

Stand By Me

-

Fandango
 -

Posts: 78 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2012 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
cool pics dolenz85,they look great framed,wish my wife would let me put up framed posters around the house,she loves films but i think she knows what sought of posters i'd be putting up- 80s horror,80s t&a comedys etc.

probably scare away any visitors [Big Grin]

also a big fan of the first three dolenz85,the only one i've never seen but heard good things about is fandango.

[ 17. September 2012, 14:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great framed posters dolenz85, own all those movies on dvd.
I know what you mean young warrior but what can we do, we are powerless [Big Grin]

Johnny, check out my extremely popular R.O.T.O.R. thread [Cool]

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 -

-

Dutch Spencer / Hill artwork from the early 80's. Very popular in videostores back then.

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
And some more Dutch video artwork :

-

Talking about this one.. Check out this clip : www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0HM39pk1pE
It's a must-see, i tell you !! [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh no, another Godfrey Ho cut/paste film [Big Grin]

Seriously, that clip was fantastic! Andy Sidaris meets Hong Kong craziness = magic!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home