iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Top 100 80's Movies Of All Time (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Top 100 80's Movies Of All Time
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here goes: I am going to put up my top 10 80's movies of all time. Then I hope everyone who is a regular on here will do the same. I'll let it run for a month, then I'll tot up the results, and determine the 100 greatest ever!! It's a big job, but hey, it would be worth it to determine which movie's get the most votes and reach the top amongst the creme de la creme of 80's movie fans we have right here!! So hold on, put on your thinking caps and make no mistakes, cos here we go!!!

My Top Ten Of The 80's

10: The Terminator
9: Uncle Buck
8: Indiana Jones Raiders Of The Lost Ark
7: Ghostbusters
6: Empire Strikes Back
5: Back To The Future
4: The Goonies
3: The Burbs
2: Gremlins
1: Big Trouble In Little China

Remember, you must number them 10to1, so they can be ranked by positon!! Thanks!!

[ 10. November 2008, 14:22: Message edited by: Mr. Jack Burton ]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10.Lethal Weapon
9.Die Hard
8.Friday the 13th 1
7.Friday the 13th 2
6.Private School
5.Liar's Moon
4.Fire with Fire
3.Breakin
2.Valley Girl
1.April Fool's Day

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not even heard of 4 of those!! I'm gonna check out, 3,4,5 and 6..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fire with Fire rocks Jack....check out my review!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack...if you haven't seen Private School yet...then you better get on it...knowing what I know about you so far...I think it would be up your alley.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeCJPXGW81w
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toughies for sure.

Tough Turf
Valley Girl
Sixteen Candles
Real Genius
Into the Night
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller
Wild Life
Blade Runner
Back to the Future

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10. Hellraiser
9. The Last Emporer
8. Phantasm II
7. Razorback
6. The Shining
5. Labyrinth
4. Once Upon A Time In America
3. The Karate Kid, Part III
2. The Karate Kid, Part II
1. The Karate Kid

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was hard...
10-The Breakfast Club
9-Tootsie
8-An Officer and a Gentleman
7-Pee Wee's Big Adventure
6-Urban Cowboy
5-The Lost Boys
4-The Shining
3-Blade Runner
2-Little Darlings
1-Fast Times at Ridgemont High

My criteria:
I tried to pick 1 from every genre and also the ones that I thought represented the 80's the most. I also factored in the 'repeat viewing' factor, meaning if I'm flipping through the channels and happen to find one of these on, I will watch it until it is over EVERY time.

Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is tough, real tough.

10. Teen Wolf
9. The Karate Kid
8. Road House
7. The Breakfast Club
6. The Lost Boys
5. Risky Business
4. Uncle Buck
3. Back to the Future
2. Revenge of the Nerds
1. Vacation

That was exhausting

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
Toughies for sure.

Tough Turf
Valley Girl
Sixteen Candles
Real Genius
Into the Night
Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller
Wild Life
Blade Runner
Back to the Future

I need numbers!! Is it 1to10 or 10to1?? It matters in the final tot up!!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okey dokey JB.

1. Ferris Bueller
2. Bladerunner
3. Back to the Future
4. Breakfast club
5. Sixteen candles
6. Valley Girl
7. Tuff Turf
8. Real Genius
9. The Wild Life
10.Into the Night

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Cool!! [Wink]
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hard but he's mine for now haha

10. Just one of the Guys
9. One Crazy Summer
8. ET
7. Coming to America
6. Stand by Me
5. Back to the Future
4. Some Kind of Wonderful
3. Can't Buy Me Love
2. Goonies
1. Valley Girl

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Some real mixes being posted.. This is gonna be a great list guys.. Keep em coming!!
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Still waiting for some big guns on here to post their 10! Come on people, let's do it to it!!
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noooooooo, i can´t do this!
Ok, ok, here we go:

10.Night of the Creeps
9.The Terminator
8.The Thing
7.To Live and Die in L.A.
6.Robocop
5.Ferris Bueller´s Day Off
4.The Wraith
3.The Lost Boys
2.Conan the Barbarian
1.Big Trouble in Little China

Tomorrow the list could be different [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Too true. So if any of you guyz change your minds just edit your top ten, cos I won't count them up until a month's time..
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack, you must admit that this is nuts! I need more time to calculate. [Confused] [Eek!]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
A month from now I'm doing the final tot up so take your time buddy!! I'll have it done for Christmas!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow...I love Urban Cowboy, Little Darlings and Risky Business alot too.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10. Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer
9. The Wraith
8. Robocop
7. Friday the 13th
6. Back to School
5. Revenge of the Nerds
4. The Terminator
3. First Blood
2. Trick or Treat
1. Blade Runner

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mission presque impossible.. My top ten list changes by the minute, but here goes:

10.St. Elmo's Fire
9. National Lampoon's Vacation
8. Weird Science
7. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
6. Stand By Me
5. The Breakfast Club
4. When Harry Met Sally
3. Summer School
2. The Burbs
1. The Sure Thing

[ 12. November 2008, 08:54: Message edited by: TKO ]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We did this a few years ago - just trying to look back and see what the top 10 results were back then.....

Also, we did a kind of academy Awards thing (you know, best actor / actress / film / director / quote)...

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Mission presque impossible.. My top ten list changes by the minute, but here goes:

10.St. Elmo's Fire
9. National Lampoon's Vacation
8. Weird Science
7. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
6. Stand By Me
5. The Breakfast Club
4. When Harry Met Sally
3. Summer School
2. The Burbs
1. The Sure Thing

This is one of the most impressive tens yet.. Bravo..
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home