iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » least favourite 80's movies! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: least favourite 80's movies!
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia answered, it's Fortress [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheUltimateShield
Rewind Curious
Member # 7023

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for TheUltimateShield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops! I saw that, but stupidly just checked out the first "Fortress" on Google and saw the Christopher Lambert movie. Now I see what she meant! Thanks. I wonder why that film stuck with me too
Posts: 7 | From: St. Louis, MO | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one of the most asked questions
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
Hated QUICKSILVER...! Not even my long time crush Jami Gertz could save this pile!

Sorry Jaylee. Quicksilver is great in my opinion. Probably because I was really into bike stunts as a kid, as well as skateboarding. That's why I can't really label a movie "bad". Sure there are films I hate, but they are probably other people's favorites.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gideon   Email Gideon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Dirty Dancing. It's one of my all-time favorite movies. Ferris Bueller's Day off was one of my favs. too. I really liked Footloose and I haven't seen St.Elmo's Fire yet- but I want to. The Karate Kid was okay. I guess I probably would have not liked it if I hadn't of seen Ralph Machio for the first time in The Outsiders. I love that movie and i had never heard of Ralph Machio before that.
My least favorite 80s movie is definately Labyrinth.
Hated it with a passion.
I ended up giving it away.

Posts: 36 | From: On the computer | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gideon:
Hated it with a passion.
I ended up giving it away.

[Eek!]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gideon:

WHAT???
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I tend to agree, Labyrinth is a classic, but to each his own. I hate Fried Green Tomatoes.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Doll Maker, made for TV, starring Jane Fonda.

Also, A Cry For Help: The Tracey Thurman Story, made for TV, starring Nancy McKeon.

Because of these two films, I avoid trainyards at all costs, and cannot watch Facts Of Life reruns without remembering "Jo" getting the crap kicked out of her by her abusive onscreen ex-husband.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnG6
Rewind Curious
Member # 7074

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JohnG6   Email JohnG6   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the people who didn't like Dirty Dancing, but I probably can't remember many of the 80's movies I DIDN'T like because I never watched them again. On the other hand, I watched the ones I DID like over and over again.

I remember not liking Def Con 4 that much.
I wasn't crazy about Karate Kid 2 or 3.
The Boy Who Could Fly bored the crap out of me.
I didn't like Arthur but I liked the sequel.

Posts: 7 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gideon   Email Gideon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think i liked Labrynth that much because it just wasn't believable and the whole 'goblin' thing was just kinda weird.
Posts: 36 | From: On the computer | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand Vampre's Kiss w/Nicolas Cage. I watched it when it came out because I liked him and horror movies. It was like they couldn't decide if it was horror or comedy and they didn't do justice to each genre. As a vampire he was just a disgusting slob, I watched it recently just to see if it was half as bad, it was and then some.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Labyrinth much more as a kid. I watched it again recently and it really didn't appeal to me like it used to.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck did indeed_____.
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I totally changed my mind on Blade Runner when I watched The Final Cut version the other year [Smile]
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found Blade Runner to be boring..I think it was the original version. Should it be given a second chance Helen S?
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to go with Sandler's Overboard; 90 minutes of torture with no actual story and no attempt to actually be funny.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
I'd have to go with Sandler's Overboard; 90 minutes of torture with no actual story and no attempt to actually be funny.

I think you may be right Chris. Going Overboard was definitely horrible.
MIKE THE PIPER
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MIKE THE PIPER   Author's Homepage   Email MIKE THE PIPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GHOSTBUSTERS was over rated as well as Breakfast Club (but I did find that Ally Sheedy was very mysterious looking in a totally Hot kinda way)
TOP GUN was a chick flick to me and all it was good for was Home theatre salesmen to sell speakers by showing the same jet scenes over and over.

But. If you Don't like CADDYSHACK or POLICE ACADEMY then I'm sorry, We can't be friends...

[ 07. March 2015, 16:54: Message edited by: MIKE THE PIPER ]

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home