iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » In the 80s Zone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In the 80s Zone
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering if any of you have ever been so intent to just sit down and do absolutely nothing but watch 80s stuff. I mean totally get engrossed in flicks that you have seen over and over again just because you love them.

I feel like I am having one of those days today. I would love to sit down and watch some shows and then find something new in each one of them that I missed. That is one of the best things about watching stuff over and over again is finding the stuff that you missed before.

Movies that are on my mind tonight:

Once Bitten
Sixteen Candles

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to watch gremlins, some kind of wonderful, weird science, revenge of the nerds, up the academy, bachelor party... and a couple of wwf matches, maybe something like hogan vs. macho man or something like that

and those old school ninja turtles with normall eyeballs, those new turtles look too much like x-men characters

oh yeah, for a total 80s marathon day, I'd have to watch a couple of transformers episodes as well

Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You had me with Gremlins, Some Kind of Wonderful, Weird Science, Nerds, Bachelor Party, & the WWF but you threw Up The Academy on there and completely lost me.
I haven't seen it since it came out on video so maybe my memory is fuzzy but I don't think it belongs in the same category as the other movies you listed. That is the one with Ralph Macchio and the military academy right? Maybe I'll have to watch it again if you think it's worth seeing.

Bob

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can totally commit to 16 CANDLES whenever its on TV...even though I own the movie I find myself being sucked in, dropping everything and watching it.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am actually sitting down right now and watching Once Bitten. The soundtrack is so awesome it is such a shame that it isn't available. [Frown]

When I watch movies like this I like to look them up on imdb.com and see what other films some of the actors have been in. Sometimes it is suprising.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to have a complete '80s cheesefest! I'm talking a tripple feature with movies like Metalstorm, Gymkata and Megaforce!
It would be like the superbowl of movies for me. I would get pizza and wings and some nachos and just overdose on video cheese.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Bigfoot I would be right there with you buddy. I haven't seen Gymkata in ages. I dont think I have ever seen the other two so that would be interesting.
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been known to watch the RAMBO Trilogy back to back whilst listening to my 80s compilation CDs and playing with my Transformers...
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could watch all of the Dallas episodes in consecutive order. As far as movies, Wargames is good how crazy is to think someone can hack into a computer system.
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real Genius was on one of the movie channels on my cable a few weeks ago, and it kicked off an 80's day, or half of one, anyway... After Real Genius, I watched Weird Science, then Valley Girl and Sixteen Candles.

It was great. [Smile]

Cheerios!
Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on vacation once when it was raining and there wasn't much else to do.... so I lined up Fast times At Ridgemont High, Real Genius, and Streets Of Fire. Just about got through them as well - although to be fair, the toughest one to get all the way on was FTARH, devoid as it is of any meaningful plot.....
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually get into an 80s "groove" on the weekends. If I watch any movies at home on Saturdays or Sundays, they're almost always from the 80s. Also, a few of my local radio stations have 80s music shows that air on the weekends, which is always great...
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
packer
Rewind Curious
Member # 5039

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for packer   Email packer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone heard of a movie called your ruined my life.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
packer
Rewind Curious
Member # 5039

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for packer   Email packer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry you ruined my life.. its 1987 staring mimi rogers
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to do a TV box set fest with stuff like Miamai Vice, 21 Jumpstreet, Airwolf, box sets I own that I have never seen all of.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home