iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 50 Worst Acting Performances In A Film (funny!!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 50 Worst Acting Performances In A Film (funny!!)
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check this link out, courtesy of The Phat Phree:

http://www.thephatphree.com/features.asp?StoryID=259&SectionID=1&LayoutType=1&StoryMonth=8&StoryYear=2005

Plenty of 80s roles in there (despite getting the wrong photo for ****tail, and claiming Top Gun was 'early 80s' [Roll Eyes] ), tho I can't say I disagree with the #1 [Big Grin]

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool find Hordak, though I disagree with some of the list, they nailed several movies that I think are horrible. It's all subjective, but I think they threw in a few stars including an Academy Award winner for effect. To say Cuba Gooden Jr. was #26 for Jerry Macguire is a joke...now if they had said Boat Trip then I would have agreed. Even if you didn't like Jerry Macguire, we are talking about the 50 worst acting performances of all time. I say did deeper.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The commentary on the talking babies (Baby Geniuses 2) was hilarious! The only talking baby (well . . . toddler) movie that I ever liked was Look Who's Talking. I always wondered what the appeal was. I once yelled out loud because I saw a scary Baby Bottle Pop commercial. O.O
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only seen 4 out of 50 of those movies. It's like no wonder there was bad acting...they were crappy movies.

I did like reading the list of 50 people that deserve a vicious beating...Jay Leno was # 1, and what he said about Jay Leno never having told 1 joke ever that was remotely funny...I could not agree with more, because I can not stand Jay Leno...he is so NOT funny...everything he says is stupid. I can't stand to watch his show...he is boring on top of not being funny, and annoying. I saw him host the charity telethon for the families of the victims of 9-11, and I thought...uuugh...he was terrible.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree about Jay Leno-- He's sort of funny, but ya know. I actually really liked this fake preview they did on his show for Harry Potter and they had Gilbert Gottfried playing Harry. Hilarious! I think Conan O'Brien is a lot funnier. Plus his hair rocks.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I don't agree with Richard Pryor #46 for Moving, I liked that movie and I thought that Dana Carvey was hilarious in it.

Don't agree with #19 Leah Thompson in Howard the Duck, it is a cult favorite. I wish it was on DVD I would snatch it up immediately.

I definately agree with Keanu Reeves #12 for his role of Jonathon Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula from 1992. He was definately miscast in that one, he shouldn't do a movie where he "tries" to have an accent.

I actually haven't seen all The World is Not Enough for Miss Richards on the #1 worst performance.

Others that they should have considered were

John Travolta in Face/Off--as the bad guy. In my opinion he and Nicolas Cage should have had switched roles from the beginning because Cage was awesome as Castor Troy.

Sorry but, Whitney Houston in The Bodyguard. She should just stick to singing. I couldn't even sit through The Preacher's Wife because I knew she was in it. Waiting to Exhale had a good supporting cast so it overshadowed her, but still to me was a pretty forgettable role.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both those lists were hilarious. Pauly Shore needs the beating more than Jay Leno though. And what about Conan O'Brian? Isn't he just as much not funny as Leno?

(Other people who need a beating:
Ashlee Simpson
Paris Hilton
Anna Nicole Smith)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Ally Sheedy should have at least been in the top ten for her performance in Short Circuit. Man she stunk in that one!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Pauly even on the list?? I dont' remember seeing him, he probablly should have been there for In the Army Now or Jury Duty!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
I didn't see Dracula, but I saw Keanu Reeves trying to be English in Much Ado About Nothing (an English VILLAIN at that) and it was just sad.
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with them all and I also agree with Lupa. Actually I am suprised that Keanu didn't turn up more often. Did anyone see that horrible Walking with Clouds (is that what it is called) movie? Also I am suprised that Tom Cruise didn't get a nomination for Jerry McGuire - in fact I think the whole cast and crew should have.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention any movie with Kevin Costner in it.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
insane8veggies
Rewind Curious
Member # 5023

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for insane8veggies   Email insane8veggies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*puppy dog eyes* even the postman?*wimpers*
Posts: 6 | From: Bates Motel | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alex In Wonderland
Master Rewinder
Member # 4912

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Alex In Wonderland   Email Alex In Wonderland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevin Costner in "The Untouchables" - particularly the part when Connery is dying. My god, the lines he delivers are so wooden I expected a horde of squirrels to take up residence on him.
Posts: 171 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh Alex that is priceless!
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By and large not bad, but where're Rob Schneider and Tom Green, who with every single performance show very clearly why they deserve to be investigated by the U.N. as living weapons of mass destruction?
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richards might have been voted worst acting performance but guess whose picture just got saved to my computer? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunatelly, I have seen more than 20 movies from that list for sure, and yeah, Denise Richards was terrible. And that kid in Star Wars, finally someone poted how bad he was. That Halie Joel Osment kid is also incredibly annoying.
But I thought Ally Sheedy in Short Circuit was good!
Tome Cruise is terrible and annoying, always.
Paulie Shore is missing from the list, as well as Rob Schneider. Leonardo Dicaprio, Matt Damon...hm...the list was too short.

...and Conan O'Brien is not bad, I find him to be quite ha ha funny.

Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did any one ever see Fresh Horses with Molly and Andrew the worse film ever made
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Actually, that title goes to the awful "Gerry."
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, Lonnie, Fresh Horses WAS totally awful. I have to disagree with the author of the list, though: Dogma is one of my fave movies and I absolutely love Kevin Smith (except for hjersey Girl, but that goes without saying).

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home