iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » THE BREAKFAST CLUB uncensored

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE BREAKFAST CLUB uncensored
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night on UK tv they screened The Breakfast Club again.Naturally its essential viewing no matter how many times you see it! But last night was the first time I have ever seen the full un-cut version.I know that basically it is only 'cos of the swearing that its been cut before when shown on TV.The version I have seen only allowed swearing during Judd's ''No Dad-what about you,F U'' scene,so I was blown away at the fact that I had never seen this before.(guess I should have bought it [Roll Eyes] )
I felt like I was watching this movie for the first time.Now I know that,as my Mum puts it,swearing is just poor language.But I found the performances and dialogue so much more powerful than before.That may sound a bit childish on my part for thinking swearing can make a speech better,but the emotions of the characters seemed more believable to me,especially during the scene when they are sharing detention stories while sat on the floor.
I thought Anthony Michael Hall was superb in that scene.His acting blew everyone else away during that moment.And naturally because of censorship,I have only ever seen 'parts' of this classic scene.
Now im not tryin' to discuss censorship on this post,I know people have different views on that topic-especially me.
Im simply just trying to say WOW ,ive finally seen The Breakfast Club...
and its every bit better than I remember it. [Cool]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To my knowledge it's at least the 2nd time the BBC have shown it without cuts, and I agree when all you've seen of a film is the tv-cut version and then you see it without the cuts it's like you've properly seen in for the first time.

Just a shame they've (BBC) only got the old mono version of the film, I gotta get the remastered DVD with 5.1 sound.

Reminds me of Explorers, for years I had a taped-off-tv copy then I got the VHS and found the BBC had cut the "elephantitus is when something gets bloated and ugly like your a-s!" - and they cut it out from a U rated movie! all these years I'd been lied to...

(why is this board censoring the word 'a-s' when it's not censored on tv in that Renault Megane advert which is played during the daytime and is in the U rated Explorers film?)

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx WIZ' for that info...
Ill have to keep a look out for the re-mastered version you mentioned.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did I miss seeing that on TV. I've been waiting for it for ages, oh well guess its time to go out the back and shoot myself. [Wink] [Wink]
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
Better let me do it....
you may miss again.
[Razz]

Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair enough, [Big Grin] Boss always said I was a rubbish shot.
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home