iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I'm Spooked! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm Spooked!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah..this is way cool, but I do think sometimes it has draw backs...because I do think people are becoming more anti social than social because of the computer....also...I have found that some people aren't who they lead you to believe that they are, and I have known that to happen alot to others, so do you really get to "know" people, or only what they want you to know, which might not even be who they really are.

But, I know what your saying...because I talked to Muffy on the phone today...and we always are saying about how alot of the people we know in "real life" don't understand how we all can connect just through conversation...I know personally my family and friends are always rolling there eyes at me when I talk about everyone from here, so I actually don't talk about it like I use to. Cause it's hard for them to "get it"...but they realize it's importance in my life, so they let it be.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so true Isis.

I think the whole people pretending to be other people doesnt probably occur on here so much, coz we have no reason to hide anything....I mean i can see how and why that would happen on dating sites etc....I guess people pretend not to married, and to be different ages and to look different etc....I cant think what any of us would need to hide??? I guess though you could say that you only know what people want you to know, but isnt that true with most people we "know"....I mean how many of our colleagues/friends know what we're like when we are in a truely bad temper, like say our partners/parents do........So I believe we can all know each other as much as we know most people in our lives.....coz who do we really know in the long run???.........god that was profound...I need a cup of tea now [Smile]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very true...I believe you can't really know a person unless you have lived with them for a long long time, because even in the beginning when you are dating someone, they always make the effort to be on their best behavior...so it is true with anybody..you don't really know what your getting.

I have never pretended to be anything but a GOOF...which is what I am in real life, so I guess that's not even pretending.

But I don't lie to people...and I am pretty up front about my views on life and I know that they aren't always the same as other people, and everyone on here gets along really well...I think...for as many of us as there are. I think it is a great credit to Nick and Paul for doing everything possible to keep any of the bad elements out off this site, and sometimes we all get off track or off subject sometimes on things we don't agree on, but we all do share a common bond that alot of people don't have, and I really missed that in my own life before finding this place.

I would name actors and movies, and nobody I knew in real life, knew what I was talking about, and I hated the stuff they were watching, so I felt like I couldn't connect with them. And even now...I have lots of real life friends, but even though we are close and I love them...I don't always feel like calling them up...because I run out of stuff to talk to them about, believe it or not...I mean I can talk to anybody...but when they don't talk back...or aren't interested in the same things, it takes so much more work on relationships like that, where on here...it is effortless with me and some of the people that are my closest friends...are here. And in real life...alot of my friends are depressed and have all kinds of stuff happening, where everyone on here that I talk to alot of the time, they are always upbeat, they are always in a GREAT mood, they are happy with their lives, and I like that, and like being around people that uplift me and make me happy and who I can joke with and that to me is the greatest part of the Rewind. I wish it for everyone all the time in real life.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got slated today for watching High School USA...by someone who says I my taste in films is terrible, and that I should be watching things like casablanca, african queen and the maltese falcon...Now I'm sorry...but I just find that kinda stuff boring...I would only be watching it for the purpose of saying I'd seen it coz it's a classic, and you've gotta watch the classics.....nah...give me 80's cheese any day of the week....practically always a happy ending, cute cast, good soundtrack and heaps of nostalgia......when the people you know dont understand.....if you've got a problem you need solving then call on the rewinders....(cue gun fire).....and A-team music kicks in.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch classic films more than i do 80's films. But i first started going to the cinema in the 80's and they will always have a special place in my heart.

One thing i hate is film snobs, no need each to their own.

I am more than happy to watch Night Of The Comet along side The Good The Bad & The Ugly.

It's all good, and Valley i have made a great effort the last few days to post more on this - the best god darn site on the net. So were's my reward. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
I hate film snobs too.....and music snobs.....people should never be made to feel crap just coz what they like isnt the same as what someone else likes.....my music taste is so varied, it frequently impresses and disgusts people in equal measures.

Hey CanU, are you on a night shift? [Smile]

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] Now I'm Really Spooked! [Eek!]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
I'm curious....how many rewinders have actually met each other in the real world????

Haven't met anybody from here, but I did meet a girl who I met in a chatroom. We even became an online relationship but by the time we met we were no longer together.

She lives in California and I live in North Dakota. She had to drive a friend from Cali to Utah and she and her daughter drove an extra 1000 miles up here to see me.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But for real this is an awesome place with a great group of diverse people. Yes Isis is a wonderful friend and we love to goof with each other. [Wink]

Earth Angel the best way to look at our relationship, is like when you were in 3rd grade and you liked a guy and the way you showed him was by tormenting the cripes out of him. [Razz] Then you wrote notes to your firends asking them if they thought he liked ya. Mark X for yes ya know!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah, that's what it's like allright...only who is the tormentor and who is the tormented???

Maybe it's a little of both.

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Don't anyone try and analyze us too much, because we have already tried, and came up with nothing but...we are goofs, and that works for us. [Big Grin] X! X! X!

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hillarouis!!! you two....and oh so true!
I remember those notes....Do you wanna go together? Please check yes,no or maybe....haha

I will soon meet the infamous Miss Isis and Miss Cindy "I'm so exicted.....and I just can't hide it!!!!!" (yes i'm dancing too Grems)haha!

I love it here at the Rewind and have said many times before that i've met great people here....and awesome friends I wouldn't have been able to meet otherwise ever! ahhhhhh [Smile]

All I can say is beware of me and Isis this week.......muahahahaha [Eek!]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
BEWARE!!! GOOFS on the LOOSE!!

Coming soon to a town near you!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
OH...and MAYBE works for me!!!
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the birthday wishes!! [Wink]
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home