iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Hard to find movies - VHS or DVD (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Hard to find movies - VHS or DVD
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ski School gets a blu-ray release in may. [Smile]
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Ski School gets a blu-ray release in may. [Smile]

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about that one. I can finally retire my VHS tape. I refuse to pay $40+ for the out of print dvd. I'll be picking that one up on day of release.
Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be picking that up also,I love hot dog the movie and this sounds along the lines of that.

Olive films are releasing some pretty cool stuff over the next few months.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ski School is definitely one to get if you haven´t got it. I also like the sequel.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rosebud Beach hotel (1984) has yet to to make it to DVD/Bluray. Still looking for the soundtrack all these years. The Currie sisters did some appearances on the soundtrack.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I thought I had heard of this one.

Forgot it had Christopher Lee in it though,
Is it pretty good riptide?

[ 23. March 2015, 17:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I saw this one years back,i think I remember it being not to bad,this seems a very rare 80s teen comedy - paradise motel(1985).

I'm positive it's never had a DVD release and I think the vhs is pretty scarce!

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paradise Motel is a good film. I also started a thread few years back.

Just found out that The Rosebud Beach Motel was released also here in Finland on vhs but it´s a Vestron Video title so it´s pretty rare stuff.
My Eddie Deezen collection just isn´t complete without it [Smile]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And where are those damn Godfrey Ho 80's ninja flicks when you need 'em ?? [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/jfzQhL_UtGU - sakura killers trailer.

talking of ninja's what about 1987s - sakura killers,that's another one that seems quite difficult to come about!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok7iyXgvCpI&t=54m13s - at 54m 45s - now that must have hurt!

[ 24. March 2015, 07:09: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
And where are those damn Godfrey Ho 80's ninja flicks when you need 'em ?? [Big Grin]

-

is that ninja headband johnny so that people don't mistake him for a banana!
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Well.. if ninjas ever existed, i highly doubt they looked anything like this :

-

Death by shoulder pads.. woohoo ! [Big Grin]

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok7iyXgvCpI&t=54m13s - at 54m 45s - now that must have hurt!

Oh man.. even by just looking at that, i can feel the pain.. Ouch !
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

valet girls from 1987 seems a very rare t&a comedy that's both very scarce on vhs and non-existent on dvd(never released).

there's an excellent quality full movie video of it on youtube taken from the mgm hd channel but the trouble is its all in french,so unless i take a crash course in the french language i'm not going to have a clue as to what's going on!

anyone seen this,is it good for a laugh or a bit of a stinker?

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good suggestions warrior, Valet Girls must be pretty rare.
I just happen to own Valet Girls aussie vhs tape (thanx to a friend from down under). Maybe it´s time to check this one out later this week.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Anyone seen Firehouse (1987)? Not much love for the film in IMDb or Amazon but i´m interested [Big Grin]

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i've never seen firehouse atomik but if it's anywhere near as good as the cover (chances are going by some of the reviews probably not) it's going to be a classic!

[ 25. March 2015, 08:47: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
What about a dutch film Honneponnetje aka Honeybun (1988)? Anyone seen it? Johnnyyyy!!

-

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
Aaah.. Honneponnetje.. now that brings back memories ! [Big Grin]

I have never seen that poster art though.. seems like they tried to spice things up a bit.
The original poster and subsequent video-sleeve looked like this :

-

Back then, Honneponnetje was actually well-promoted here in Holland, but has indeed slipped into obscurity.
It hasn't been on tv in quite some time, and i don't believe there ever was a dvd release either.

To be honest, i haven't seen it in ages. I first saw it shortly after it came out on video, and again
on Dutch television, sometime in the early 90's. If i remember correct, it's a pretty lame comedy
from the same director as the excellent Schatjes (1984) and its sequel Mama Is Boos (1986).

If you're anxious to get an impression of Honneponnetje, it's on Youtube : www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCYCfnYXdi4

I don't know if these movies are known outside of The Netherlands, but the aforementioned Schatjes is worth
tracking down. It's a pitch-black comedy so dark it crosses over into thriller territory, about an escalating conflict
between self-absorbed parents and their estranged children. Real good stuff ! Here it is, along with its sequel :

-  -

These two have been released on dvd here !

[ 26. March 2015, 11:01: Message edited by: Johnny Roarke is reckless ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Honneponnetje is actually on sale here and i think that i´m going to get the tape. It´s pretty cheap and Nada van Nie looks so cute [Smile]
I know that Schatjes was also released here on vhs but i´ve never seen the tape. Thanks for the reply!

Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
The best-known Dutch comedy from the 80's is probably this one :

-

Flodder (1986)

Trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaxm6y-80h0

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, i have Flodder on vhs. I love every Verhoeven film i´ve seen (13) but i need to watch some more dutch stuff soon [Cool]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

this is one i've been wanting to watch for an age and that is - a tiger's tale from 1987 starring c thomas howell,ann-margret and charles durning.

this seem pretty hard to get hold of,there's been no dvd release as of yet that i am aware off and the vhs is very rare here in the uk.

i would definitely check this out if it ever gets a dvd or blu ray release or even if i could find a rare uk vhs at a decent price.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lovelines
Seven Minutes in Heaven

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Minutes-Heaven-Lauren-Holly/dp/B003JNIB74/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1427935987&sr=1-1&keywords=Seven+Minutes+in+Heaven

http://www.amazon.com/Lovelines-Greg-Bradford/dp/B0060KGSCI/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1427936023&sr=1-1&keywords=lovelines

quote:
this seem pretty hard to get hold of,there's been no dvd release as of yet that i am aware off and the vhs is very rare here in the uk.
I used to see the video around at second hand shops all the time in the 90's. It was *everywhere*!

[ 01. April 2015, 18:01: Message edited by: Logan 5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, I was just thinking to myself "Where is Logan 5?" I was gonna make a thread on your whereabouts or send you a PM but I see you have posted recently so I assume you are back on board and in the land of the living.

I tried to watch Logan's Run a month or so back again but I couldn't get through it again despite Jenny Agutter's skimpy attire.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home