iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 20 Questions: Valley Girl (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 20 Questions: Valley Girl
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no way it is....it's on Zabka's IMDB page.....does he maybe not care enough to change it? haha

I totally knew about Joyce [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy.. the William Zabka look alike was actually a guy named Tom Franz who worked as a production assistant on "Valley Girl".

As far as imdb.. I Iove imdb, but while helping my buddy get his page up to date.. I realized it is only as good as the person managing each individual page.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody ever checked out the shooting locations for this movie? Like the houses that were used, school, etc?
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veronica .. you mean like this one?

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did you take that pic Valley??? If so, I'm super jealous, and is there more where that came from?
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Valman........I knew it couldn't be Zabka......I always forget The Rewind main movie page has a locations link now....people have submitted address's and some info for Valley Girl [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Veronica.. I'd love to tell you that I took that pic, but you so know that I would have parked my car diagonal in the driveway first!

I've been to The Sherman Oaks Galleria, DuPar's, The Del Amo Fashion Center, The Viper Room, and Casa Vega.. but I never knew the addresses to the houses until recently. So the next time I'm in LA.. I'm totally going to seek them out too.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so.....beth was suzi's stepmom...her dad died, and lyle was the boyfriend. at the party, beth clearly eyeballed skip when he walked through the door, and says suzi has been competitive with HER? haha, so wrong.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was waiting for Ronnie's input on this topic! [Smile]

I love the girls trying on Beth's lingerie....tying it on and over their heads....I swear I need the captions in that scene to translate the val-talk.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love the posters on Suzi's bedroom wall.. and the girls in lingerie is pretty okay too.

~ Eaten By the Monster of Love

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh and once again Ronnie.. Beth can't help it that the phone was for Lyle. [Wink]
warriorwoman73
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for warriorwoman73   Email warriorwoman73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie - you summed up the very complicated domestic scenario in the Brent household perfectly. As for Beth's comment to Lyle about Suzi "feeling the need to compete with her since her father died" - what a joke; it was so obviously vice-versa! Beth Brent was a classic cougar. [Smile] A very pretty one at that.
Posts: 22 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Dec 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

and to top it off, i think beth was the prettiest valley girl in the movie. [Big Grin] ha!!

regarding the special edition dvd, i had bought valley girl for a friend who hadn't seen it a few years back, and that was when i noticed the special features were not the same as mine. it sucks they did it that way. [Frown]

[ 10. January 2011, 13:42: Message edited by: Ronnie ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
20. -How so many questions were left unanswered: why didn’t the lead girl (i forget her name) ever find out about Tommy and her slutty friend?
i see julie never finds out what happened, but doesn't loryn try to tell her about it, when they are sitting at the diner, talking about picking randy or tommy?

i always wondered about that scene, because it feels like loryn is about to confess what she did with tommy, but it just cuts off after julie says, "i don't know what to do" and loryn replies.."me neither." *end scene* lol

about julie finally running off with randy in the end, even though julie was back with tommy, we know that she wanted to be with randy deep down. when she agrees to go back to tommy, the look on her face at the end of the scene says that it's not what she really wants, but she's gonna go through with it.
so randy tries a bunch of ways to get her back, and she starts to become flattered by it, but still doesn't respond, until the end, at the prom. tommy is promising this big surprise after prom, and julie starts to become annoyed by him. tommy tries to kiss her when they are backstage and she pulls away. and then BAM, randy pops up again, ready to fight tommy off once and for all, and snags julie up. i guess at that final moment, she wasn't going to fight it anymore. and they run off together.

it made sense to me? [Wink]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie.. you did an excellent job of describing my thoughts on Julie's situation.

The discussion with her Dad was an awesome scene and explained how she truly felt towards Randy. However, Stacey basically made Julie choose between Randy and her friends. Personally, I think Suzi and Loryn would have accepted Randy.. it was Stacey that just wouldn't allow Julie to be happy with a Val dude.

Also, when the "Valley Girl" Special Edition DVD came out originally someone on here posted that it was a limited edition and future editions would be stripped down. So I went out that week and bought 2 extra copies... at the time it seemed crazy, but I remember having a VHS tape of "Valley Girl" for years after it went out of print and I had to be extremely careful every time I would rewind it for fear it might break. In 2003 the "Valley Girl" VHS was selling for like $150 on ebay it was so in demand.

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and answers! As you know, this is a movie I cherish and totally enjoy reading everyone's input.

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stacey all the way! She just needed to be tamed.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilmissvalley
Rewind Curious
Member # 9383

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lilmissvalley   Email lilmissvalley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can give me the dialog between Julie and her dad, talking about Randy and being yourself? Something along those lines? When they had that heartfelt discussion? Thanks [Smile]
Posts: 1 | From: Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jan 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Found this little posting from a guy named Vance Gentile who claimed to be..

OK an extra - I am in the salmon colored polo shirt in the Sushi Party scene. I love being in this time capsule. Nicholas Cage was intense yet distant, Deborah Foreman was a sweetheart, EG Daily brought her dog and told extras to hold it when she had scenes. Meeting Josie Cotton was cool..

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing in this movie I found disapointing is that skip did not shag the hot mum.

She was smokin and IMO the hottest Valley Girl.

don't get me wrong though - very classic movie. I just wish skip nailed the hot mum.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Valley:
[QB] Veronica .. you mean like this one?

Man I wish I lived in the States and could cruise around to different movie locations.

I live in Australia, and they didn't make classic 80's teen movies like Valley Girl and Caddyshack here. [Mad]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Found this little posting from a guy named Vance Gentile who claimed to be..

OK an extra - I am in the salmon colored polo shirt in the Sushi Party scene. I love being in this time capsule. Nicholas Cage was intense yet distant, Deborah Foreman was a sweetheart, EG Daily brought her dog and told extras to hold it when she had scenes. Meeting Josie Cotton was cool..

Valley where did you find that? I love that kind of stuff!! I was looking some 70's xmas movie up on amazon and someone had posted the were the little girl and linked a website seemed legit?
Bandolero
Rewind Curious
Member # 9464

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Bandolero   Email Bandolero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plastics is definitely a nod to "The Graduate." Dustin Hoffman has just graduated college. A family friend gives him a tip on what to do for his career. "Plastics." He says. The main focus of the movie is Dustin Hoffman's affair with an older woman. So, when she says to Skip "Plastics... The time to act is when the time is right" she is trying to tell him to make his move. When he plays dumb and says "what time is it" she gets exasperated and says "actually it's time for Suzie to be home." Basically, you blew it Skip.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
That's for the great input Bandolero!

I totally agree, though I must admit when I first watched "Valley Girl" condoms was my original thought. Also, enjoy the fact that "Plastics" is the password for the club in "Modern Girls".

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
The movie still would have been made better if Skip slept with the hot mum.
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Standing O* for you Valley Dude this topic is.."like Trippendicular You know" It's so good it brought me out of hiding just so i can tell you how cool i thought it was..And i know u remembered how much i love Valley Girl [Smile]

And i too have an copy of valley girl when it was release on home video in the 80s...its from Vestron the sound is mono [Frown] but at least it has Men At Work playing when Randy was in the shower hiding.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home