iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Name That Tune (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Name That Tune
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#10 Home Sweet Home - The Crue.....wow...who knew my wife was a rocker chick....swing!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife thinks # 9 is Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison....?
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
#8 Kix - Don't Close Your Eyes...had to "you tube cheat" on this one!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks 80srocked.

i dont know those other songs that kevdugp came up with. lol like i said, monster ballads aren't my forte. notice how i came up with all the easy, more well-known ones!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I'm right there with you Ronnie. I only knew 4 out of 15...and one or two others sounded familiar. My wife came home from work and I asked her to take a listen...she was able to immediately ryhme off 3 or 4 more. I'm only good at the really mainstream songs pre 1985....my favorite years of the 80's for songs (80' to 84'). Still love trying though......and willing to try anything....as long as 80's doesn't do a rap / country music combo! Darnit...I'd still try that.....
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great job kev....and the wife....lol. Those are all correct. Still need #15.

Hint - This band has the name of a color and an animal in it.

Too bad Sammy's speakers don't work....he would have done good in this game I think.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sam would have nailed this one lol.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I'll go with White Lion on the hint....I'll have to get back to ya re the song.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
When The Children Cry
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
When The Children Cry

That was correct kevdug and completes the list. Sorry I took so long to answer. Been busy and forgot about it. I'll make another when I get a chance.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
You ready for the next one? Here you go, a little longer, but sounds pretty easy to me. Kev will probably have this solved by lunch. [Wink]

Back to 80's Pop

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

ok here's my list:

1. ?
2. the bangels - manic monday
3. kim carnes - bette davis eyes
4. culture club - do you really want to hurt me
5. rockwell - somebody's watching me
6. gary newman - cars
7. thompson twins - doctor, doctor
8. lionel richie - hello
9. ?
10. yes - owner of a lonely heart?
11. ?
12. fleetwood mac - lies
13. scandal - the warrior
14. ?
15. billy idol - eyes without a face
16. quarterflash - harden my heart
17. human league - don't you want me
18. men at work - who can it be now?
19. styx - come sail away
20. dexy's midnight runners - come on eileen
21. pet shop boys - west end girls
22. icehouse - electric blue
23. rick springfield - jessie's girl
24. the eurythmics - here comes the rain
25. OMD - if you leave

i hope i got the numbering right?

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Good job Ronnie....all are correct. I knew I made this way too easy! 4 to go.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
#1 All I Need - Jack Wagner
#9 Forever Young - Alphaville

* Ronnie...don't ya have anything better to do than sit around waitin for 80's to list another one of these things...GOD! [Razz]

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Soooo close on #14....hmmmmmm
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

don't be sore that i was able to come up with 95% of that list all by my onesies! [Wink] [Razz] lol j/k i know it was easy.

for the record, #12 is semi correct. it's either sweet little lies or tell me lies... something like that.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

hmmm... is #14 the eurythmics - would i lie to you?
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Yeah...but...I answered the two hardest ones! [Frown]
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Re #14...I don't think so Ronnie.....but not sure either...I think it will be one of those..."ohhh...I shoulda known that" moments....and if it is The Eurythmics...a great "told ya so" moment for you......
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

quote:
Yeah...but...I answered the two hardest ones! [Frown]

you did!
i was lost on those. told ya my list has the easy ones.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

what about 11?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
for the record, #12 is semi correct. it's either sweet little lies or tell me lies... something like that.

You're still wrong! haha.....Little Lies, but you were close enough. [Razz]

14 is simple! 11 might be tricky.

If I do another one, it is gonna be real tough! You guys are solving these faster than the time it takes me to make them! [Wink]

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
#14 Run To You - Bryan Adams?

* I was kidding about getting the hard ones Ronnie [Wink]

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
My best guess for # 11 is Into The Night by Benny Mardones ?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
#14 Run To You - Bryan Adams?

Correct on 14! Still gotta get 11....wrong guess.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home