iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Name That Tune (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Name That Tune
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moved this over from the music forum to get more Rewinder's involved because so many never visit the music section(shame on all of you!).

I'll start easy. Give me the band and the song names that are playing here:

Pretty Simple

Once someone guesses them all correctly, I'll make one that is more difficult.....enjoy.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here's the ones I could figure out

"Summer of 69" Bryan Adams
"Take on me" Aha
"The Flame" Cheap Trick
"Dressed for success" Roxette
"Eye of the tiger" Survivor

[ 24. March 2009, 15:55: Message edited by: Stitch Groover ]

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aside from what stitch named..lol i may have got a few wrong..

these dreams - heart
one thing leads to another - the fixx
???asia - heat of the moment?????? (not sure about that one)
outfield - your love
eddie money - take me home, tonight

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe you fellers missed...."Open Arms" by Journey....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In order:

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
These Dreams - Heart
One Thing Leads To another - The Fixx
Heat Of The moment - Asia
Open Arms - Journey
Take On Me - Aha
Your Love - The Outfield
Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
The Flame - cheap Trick
Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor

*Whatd I Win?

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Stitch...you Roxette lover.... [Big Grin]
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Stitch...you Roxette lover.... [Big Grin]

It's my secret shame....
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job all! The winner is kevdugp73. Here's what you win.....

Try This One

Good luck!

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Can't quite determine if song 3 is two different songs...but I'll go with this:

1. I'll Guess Tall Cool One by Robert Plant...but I think it's wrong
2. Roxette
3. Miami Vice ?
4. Come On Eileen- Dexy's Midnight Runners
5. Know it...but can't quite...sounds like Tragedy by the Bee Gees..but I know it's not....
6. Hungry Like The Wolf- Duran Duran
7. Owner Of A Lonely Heart- Yes
8. Don't Dream It's Over- Crowded House
9. Amanda - Boston
10. You Spin Me Round - Doctor and the Medics
11. You're The Inspiration - Chicago
12. Total Eclipse Of The Heart- Bonnie Tyler
13. You Belong To The City - Glenn Frey
14. Faithfully - Journey
15. Sunglasses At Night - Corey Heart

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#3 is laura brennigan i think... self control?

isn't #2 one night in bangkok by murray head???

#11 sounds like REO speedwagon - can't fight this feeling anymore

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

#13 sounds like harden my heart by quarterflash...

and #14 sounds like huey lewis & the news - do you believe in love..

sorry i know this was kevdugp's win, but hope you don't mind if i chime in????

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Don't mind ya chimin in at all Ronnie....cept...YOU"RE WRONG BOUT EM ALL!!!...except maybe #3....teasing of course.... [Wink]
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Actually kev, Ronnie is correct on all the ones she chimed in on! Numbers 1 and 5 are still incorrect though. Let's see if they can be solved and then I'll do another. All are welcome to participate!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Ummmmm....sorry Ronnie......that you and 80's are both wrong......hee hee.......dang....doing this is really fun ...but hard on my nerves! Lot's of...OMG...I know that one.......
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
doing this is really fun ...but hard on my nerves! Lot's of...OMG...I know that one.......

Take your time kevdug, doesn't look like too many others feel like giving it a go. I thought I picked all easy songs, but of course they are easy when you know what they are!
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
80's....can you tell me how many songs there are before "Come On Eileen"...or is it too early to cheat?

1. Bad Case Of Loving You - Robert Palmer ?
3. One night In Bangkok - Murray Head
4. Come On Eileen- Dexy's Midnight Runners
5. Know it...but can't quite...sounds like Tragedy by the Bee Gees..but I know it's not....
6. Hungry Like The Wolf- Duran Duran
7. Owner Of A Lonely Heart- Yes
8. Don't Dream It's Over- Crowded House
9. Amanda - Boston
10. You Spin Me Round - Doctor and the Medics
11. I Can't fight This Feeling anymore - REO Speedwagon
12. Total Eclipse Of The Heart- Bonnie Tyler
13. Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
14. Faithfully - Journey
15. Sunglasses At Night - Corey Heart

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
There are 3 songs before Come on Eileen. Murray Head is number 2. 14 is not Faithfully(remember that I said that Ronnie's answers were all correct). You only need to solve songs 1 and 5.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

#5 sounds a lot like Heart, definitely female. I'll get them.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

What about love - Heart, #5.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

What about love - Heart, #5.

We are DEVO

Incorrect Devo. Here's a hint for everyone.....songs 1 and 5 are both female artists.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Is #1 Goodbye to you by Scandal....

#5 almost sounds like Cher too..

We are DEVO

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

ok is #1 kiss me deadly by lita ford?!?!

i still cannot get #5

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
#1....."All Fired Up" by Miz Benatar...please say yes.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Is #5 from a soundtrack?
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I hate to say this, but 1 and 5 are still wrong. Neither song is from a soundtrack, song one is from a band, mainly women. Song 5 is from a solo artist, a woman. Both names were mentioned elsewhere is this thread, just in the wrong spots(just their names, the song names were not mentioned yet). Hope these hints help.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home