iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: The Puck Drops Here - Hockey Thread
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No shock that the Rangers lost last night to San Jose. Especially in San Jose. They have yet to lose in regulation on home ice this year. I'm surprised that the game was even so close.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sharks look vulnerable lately, still my choice to get to the finals though.

Anyone able to watch the World Juniors? That's my bag when the tournament starts on the 26th. Nothing like seeing future NHL stars going for gold. You guys get any broadcasted Team USA games?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disgrace at the Garden tonight. Rangers blow a 4-0 lead and lose 5-4 in OT. Ovechkin proves again why he is the best player in the league. 2 goals, 1 assist, and 13 shots on goal.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a tough loss, Ovechkin has torched us too this season. With a player like that it can be expected. He's worth seeing for the price of admission alone.

Habs and Pens Saturday night. Looking forward to it.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another night. Another highlight reel goal for Ovechkin.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Leading the league in goals, shots and hits. Can't argue with Ovie.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Price was astounding last night against the Pens. Malkin and Crosby were shaking their heads. What a game.

A Devils-Rangers tilt last night and no feedback yet?

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
A Devils-Rangers tilt last night and no feedback yet?

What can I say? My team sucks these days. If Lundqvist isn't the first star of the game, they can't win. How about another SH goal? You got it! The record of giving up 18 in one season is more than imminent of being broken this year. Only 8 more to give up....they will find a way. Time for Renney and his defensive system to hit the road. This group can't play or win like that.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I agree with the Rangers reverting back to the run and gun system. They have enough good offensive players that they should at least out score the Devils.

The Blackhawks are beating the Wild 3-0, are rapidly becomeing the best young NHL team in the league. Just think if they didn't have so much money tied up in their two goalies?

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice to see we can at least beat a farm team these days. Even that wasn't easy though. We'll take the win anyway.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
That was one of the better games I have seen this year. That 3rd period was pretty awesome, just end to end action. The Rangers can be an exciting team when they want to be.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
That was one of the better games I have seen this year. That 3rd period was pretty awesome, just end to end action. The Rangers can be an exciting team when they want to be.

It was exciting....I'll say that. A nice mix of fights, rough stuff and good hockey. They can be an even more exciting team if they were allowed to play that way.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boston put a thumping on the Penguins tonight.

Can anybody beat the Bruins right now?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Three straight shutouts for Columbus Blue Jacket rookie goalie Steve Mason. Looks like a future star whose time has come already.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The rookie of the year is going to be between Mason and Blake Wheeler of the Bruins.

Big win for the Wild against the Sharks, Boogard broke Jody Shelley's helmet! Who's this Setogouchi for the Sharks? The guy is lighting it up this year.

I'm hoping on Jan.13th that the Habs will get some revenge on the Bruins for that earlier humiliation 6-1 at Boston Gardens. Carey Price has been sensational of late, and Andre Konstisyn is starting to come on.

I don't know what the coverage is for the World Juniors tournament south of the border, but Canada beat the US 7-4 in a sensational game. Last year was the same, these two teams always put on a good game.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Anyone watching the Winter Classic in Wrigley Field this afternoon? I'm watching it now, the Red Wings are up 6-3 on the Blackhawks. I love the retro original six uniforms, too awesome!
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watching it too.
Lots of goals, awesome arena to play hockey!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Great exposure for the game in the USA. Nice to see legends like Mikita, Hull, Savard and Sandberg sing take me out to the hockey game!
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
The Winter Classic was exactly that, wish they could do that kind of event more often.

X-chaz's Devils will see some new blood in the Habs lineup tomorrow night. They sent Obyrne and Maxwell down to the farm, and call up Marc Denis, Max Pacioretty, Weber, and Kyle Chipchurra. Some real bad news is that Alex Tanguay is out for 6 weeks. Ouch.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wow, the Rangers actually scored some goals tonight and gave up 0! Always nice to beat the Penguins, they sure are off their game recently.

This thread's starting to lag a bit....c'mon all, join in.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Did you see Crosby gor mental on Saturday vs. Florida? He scrapped and had 21 minutes in penalties! The Pens are up 3-0 versus Atlanta, they are struggling bigtime of late. I wonder how long Therrien will be around?

Did you see Jarkko Rutuu bite Buffalo's Andrew Peters? That was despicable. Better get some rabies shots! [Big Grin]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Looks like I missed a good one tonight between the Bruins and the Wild. Wild win 1-0 with Backstrom getting his 2nd straight shutout.

Went to a high school basketball game tonight at my old high school. Haven't been to one in over ten years. Figured I'd go and see them play since they're ranked #1 in the state right now. They didn't impress me too much yet the won by 30. I think it was more a case that they sucked then my alma mater being that good.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Beating the Bruins does a world of good for the standings in the east, they need to come back down to earth. I heard Boston had the puck in Minny's end all game too. Gaborik out for 10-14 weeks. I'm so glad he is not in my hockey pool.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Hopefullu Ruutuu gets a healthy suspension. He's always been a disgrace and a pu$$y. If you're going to play the style of game that he does you better be willing to drop the gloves when you get called out on it but he always chickens out. Now if he did indeed bite another player that's crossing a whole new line in cowardice.

Your true goons the ones who you can respect guys like Brashear, Laraque, Boogaard they never go after the skilled players they'll go after the other team's tough guys, drop the gloves, pound on each other for a couple minutes then shake each others hand afterwards or give them a pat on the shoulder.

It's guys like Ruutuu and Avery who give hockey a blackeye.

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Did you see Crosby gor mental on Saturday vs. Florida? He scrapped and had 21 minutes in penalties!

I saw it. Wasn't much of a fight though. All I saw Crosby doing was pulling the heck out his Jersey. Cheap way to try to start a fight too. I thought he embarassed himself.
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home